over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Ipamorelin

Holoman

Newbies
Hi,
does anyone know if Ipamorelin is available as a research chemical from anywhere? I've been looking in the usual places (e.g. board sponsors) and can't seem to find anywhere that stocks it.

Many thanks,
Holoman

No.

Why do you want it?

Good question Dat!
I've been using ghrp-6 and getting some interesting results from it. But the problem is I get too much acth/cortisol being produced. This keeps me up all night (I take peptides before bed), and also gives me knock-on adverse health effects (from cortisol being elevated).

The other day I did a shot of ghrp-6 in my left abdomen, went to bed. After about 10 minutes or so I turned over to my left and felt like someone had just given me a massive shot of adrenaline. I nearly sat bolt upright.

I've tried taking less (50mcg) and still seem to get too much cortisol being made.

I notice that a few people have stopped taking/lowered dosage of hydrocortisone after starting the peptides. Do you think that is because of gh-release, or due to inadvertent acth/cortisol release?

I have adrenal fatigue and I thought the gh-peptides could help normalize my hpa-axis. It did seem to help, but the acth/cortisol threw a spanner in the works.

How do you respond to GHRH or mod GRF(1-29)?

GHRH increases ACTH and cortisol. If you are sensitive to GHRH then you will also be sensitive to Ipamorelin.

My guess is that you are just one of the few who can not use these peptides. The fact that 50mcg of GHRP-6 was too much for you indicates that you are hyper-sensitive.

Ipamorelin, the first selective growth hormone secretagogue, Kirsten Raun..., European Journal of Endocrinology (1998) 139 552–561

Ipamorelin is a pentapeptide (Aib-His-D-2-Nal-D-Phe-Lys-NH2), which displays high GH releasing potency and efficacy in vitro and in vivo. As an outcome of a major chemistry programme, ipamorelin was identified within a series of compounds lacking the central dipeptide Ala-Trp of growth hormone-releasing peptide (GHRP)-1.
Administration of ipamorelin, like GHRH, caused an increase in the plasma levels of both ACTH and cortisol. However, to our surprise ipamorelin – even in extreme doses – was unable to increase ACTH or cortisol plasma concentrations to a level significantly different from those induced by GHRH. Also, ipamorelin showed no dose dependent effects on either ACTH or cortisol plasma levels, contrary to the situation with GHRP-2 and GHRP-6.
Consequently, ipamorelin is the first GHRP receptor-active GH secretagogue, with selection for GH release which does not differ from that of GHRH.​

How do you respond to GHRH or mod GRF(1-29)?

GHRH increases ACTH and cortisol. If you are sensitive to GHRH then you will also be sensitive to Ipamorelin.

My guess is that you are just one of the few who can not use these peptides. The fact that 50mcg of GHRP-6 was too much for you indicates that you are hyper-sensitive.

Thanks Dat. Great post as always. I actually haven't tried GRF(1-29) yet. I only tried CJC-1295 (with GHRP-6) and that made me bloated, and since it has such a long half-life I don't want to try it again. I've ordered some GRF(1-29) and will see how I get on with that. Will post back my results.

Isn't MK-677 similar in that it does not increase cortisol?

what do you mean by CJC1295/GHRP6 made you 'bloated'? Never heard that one. You do get a little pumped though when the stuff 'surges' or whatever. I would think the bloat you got would be diet related but i suppose its possible.

Fluid retention from CJC-1295 & GHRP-6 can be felt in the hands and feet. Some hold an extra 8-10 lbs of water weight overall. It is very similar in effect as to moderate/high doses of GH - which they cause the release of...

Isn't MK-677 similar in that it does not increase cortisol?

Are you sure about MK-677 not increasing cortisol? Its just that I came across the following when searching for info on it:

"Secretagogues that stimulate HGH release also stimulate ACTH (Adrenocorticotropic Hormone, stimulates secretion of hormones such as cortisol), which normally increase to undesirable levels with aging anyway. Secretagogues have been shown to create high levels of cortisone, which can block the benefit from HGH.

Merck Pharmaceutical Company discontinued research on one such secretagogue, a peptide mimic called MK-677, partially for this reason
."

http://www.hghmagazine.com/secretagogues/

Fluid retention from CJC-1295 & GHRP-6 can be felt in the hands and feet. Some hold an extra 8-10 lbs of water weight overall. It is very similar in effect as to moderate/high doses of GH - which they cause the release of...
interesting. All I ever felt in my hands is tingling ...but didn't see any fluid retention going on (above and beyond fluctuations based on diet).

Are you sure about MK-677 not increasing cortisol? Its just that I came across the following when searching for info on it:

"Secretagogues that stimulate HGH release also stimulate ACTH (Adrenocorticotropic Hormone, stimulates secretion of hormones such as cortisol), which normally increase to undesirable levels with aging anyway. Secretagogues have been shown to create high levels of cortisone, which can block the benefit from HGH.

Merck Pharmaceutical Company discontinued research on one such secretagogue, a peptide mimic called MK-677, partially for this reason
."

Secretagogues | Facts About HGH Human Growth Hormone

No was not sure that's why I asked the question. I ran across studies saying it did not and that it did depending on how long used and dose dependent.

Stimulation of the growth hormone (GH)-insulin-like growth factor I axis by daily oral administration of a GH secretogogue (MK-677) in healthy elderly subjects

IM Chapman, MA Bach, E Van Cauter, M Farmer, D Krupa, AM Taylor, LM Schilling, KY Cole, EH Skiles, SS Pezzoli, ML Hartman, JD Veldhuis, GJ Gormley and MO Thorner
Department of Medicine, University of Virginia Health Sciences Center, Charlottesville 22908, USA.

Aging is associated with declining activity of the GH axis, possibly contributing to adverse body composition changes and increased incidence of cardiovascular disease. The stimulatory effects on the GH- insulin-like growth factor I (IGF-I) axis of orally administered MK- 677, a GH-releasing peptide mimetic, were investigated. Thirty-two healthy subjects (15 women and 17 men, aged 64-81 yr) were enrolled in a randomized, double blind, placebo-controlled trial. They received placebo or 2, 10, or 25 mg MK-677, orally, once daily for 2 separate study periods of 14 and 28 days. At baseline and on day 14 of each study period, blood was collected every 20 min for 24 h to measure GH, PRL, and cortisol. Attributes of pulsatile GH release were assessed by 3 independent algorithms. MK-677 administration for 2 weeks increased GH concentrations in a dose-dependent manner, with 25 mg/day increasing mean 24-h GH concentration 97 +/- 23% (mean +/- SE; P < 0.05 vs. baseline). This increase was due to an enhancement of preexisting pulsatile GH secretion. GH pulse height and interpulse nadir concentrations increased significantly without significant changes in the number of pulses. With 25 mg/day MK-677 treatment, mean serum IGF-I concentrations increased into the normal range for young adults (141 +/- 21 microgram/L at baseline, 219 +/- 21 micrograms/L at 2 weeks, and 265 +/- 29 micrograms/L at 4 weeks; P < 0.05). MK-677 produced significant increases in fasting glucose (5.4 +/- 0.3 to 6.8 +/- 0.4 mmol/L at 4 weeks; P < 0.01 vs. baseline) and IGF-binding protein-3. Circulating cortisol concentrations did not change, and PRL concentrations increased 23%, but remained within the normal range. Once daily treatment of older people with oral MK-677 for up to 4 weeks enhanced pulsatile GH release, significantly increased serum GH and IGF-I concentrations, and, at a dose of 25 mg/day, restored serum IGF-I concentrations to those of young adults.

This study is in children though...

Clin Pharmacol Ther. 2001 Jul;70(1):91-8.Click here to read Links

Effects of oral administration of ibutamoren mesylate, a nonpeptide growth hormone secretagogue, on the growth hormone-insulin-like growth factor I axis in growth hormone-deficient children.

Codner E, Cassorla F, Tiulpakov AN, Mericq MV, Avila A, Pescovitz OH, Svensson J, Cerchio K, Krupa D, Gertz BJ, Murphy G.

Institute of Maternal and Child Research, University of Chile, Santiago, Chile. [email protected]

Ibutamoren mesylate (MK-0677), an orally active nonpeptide growth hormone (GH) secretagogue, stimulates GH release through a pituitary and hypothalamic receptor that is different from the GH-releasing hormone receptor. We evaluated the safety and tolerability and the GH-insulin-like growth factor (IGF) responses to two dosages of oral ibutamoren mesylate given to children with GH deficiency for 7 to 8 days. The patients, 18 prepubertal children (15 male, 3 female) with idiopathic GH deficiency, had a chronologic age of 10.6 +/- 0.8 years (mean +/- SD), bone age of 7.4 +/- 0.7 years, growth velocity < 10th percentile for age, height < 10th percentile for age, and a maximum GH response of < or = 10 microg/L to two different GH stimulation tests. The children were assigned as follows to one of three treatment groups with ibutamoren mesylate: 0.2 mg/kg per day for 7 days (days 1-7 or 8-14) and matching placebo for the alternate 7 days (groups I and II, respectively) or 0.8 mg/kg per day for 7 days (days 8-14, group III). On day 15 all patients received an 0.8-mg/kg dose of ibutamoren mesylate. Patients in groups I and II were studied first to assess safety at the low dose before advancement to the high dose. Hormonal profiles were evaluated on day -1 (baseline) and day 15, and the results were expressed as the change from baseline within each group. After administration of ibutamoren mesylate 0.8 mg/kg for 8 days (group III), the median increases (on day 15) from baseline were as follows: 3.8 microg/L (range, 0 to 34.3) for serum GH peak concentration (P = .001), 4.3 microg x h/L (range, 1.3 to 35.6) for the GH area under the concentration-time curve from time zero to 8 hours (AUC(0-8)) (P < .001), 12 microg/L (range, -4 to 116) for serum IGF-I (P = .01), and 0.4 microg/L (range, -0.9 to 1.5) for serum IGF-binding protein 3 (IGFBP-3) (P = .01). There was no change in serum prolactin, glucose, triiodothyronine, thyroxine, thyrotropin, peak serum cortisol, and insulin concentrations or 24-hour urinary free cortisol after administration of 0.8 mg/kg per day of ibutamoren mesylate for 8 days. We conclude that short-term administration of ibutamoren mesylate can increase GH, IGF-I, and IGFBP-3 levels in some children with GH deficiency. Thus this compound is applicable for testing its effect on growth velocity.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131