advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Is making gains on 450 ng/dl total testosterone possible?

I'd first have to ask a few questions...

1. How long have you been training? (I don't mean on and off training or training like most typical gym go-ers. I mean how long have you been training with intensity following sound programming).

2. Have you only had one blood test done? Levels can vary sometimes. Perhaps get it tested at a different time of day and take the averages of the two.

3. What are your goals specifically?

4. Are you willing to be on TRT for the rest of your days?

These are good things to ponder. Aother ones to think about.

1. What is your diet.
Soy products and other additives can lower testosterone. There are a lot of phytoestrogens in food and the environment. If you are sensitive to some of these they could be pushing down your testosterone. This is more common than you think.

2. do you consume alcohol?
Alcohol raises entrogen levels which in turn suppresses testosterone. So, alcohol consumption should be limited or eliminated.

3. Are you holding substantial body fat? The aromatase enzyme lives in adipose tissue. The more bodyfat the higher your estrogen. Knocking off some fat will raise your testosterone.

So if you want to stay natural these are things you can address above. You could then retest and se where you're at. Hiuman males can gain a substantial amount of muscle mass naturally. Over a 5 year period you should be abe to put on 15-20 lbs of lean mass. When I was a young guy all us Italian kids went to the YMCA and trained balls to the wall. It was mid 1970s. No steroids around or common back then. Everybody put on muscle. You can look good lean amnd usclular wkthout juice. It takes hard training esp with squats, deads, presses from the rack and bench press, good nutrition, and rest.

I misread the title as "Are gains possible on 450 mg testosterone?"

The answer is yes.

As far as 450 ng/dl... yes I am sure they are, but you are going to have work really hard for a lesser result.

As Stan Efferding says, if you're trying to build muscle, and you think you don't need testosterone, it's not gonna happen.

As far as your natural levels, you should probably do the things mentioned above. It may or may not help, but these are things you should probably do whether you get on TRT or not. Essentially, you will benefit from removing anything in your life that may be harming your natural testosterone levels or artificially increasing estrogens.

Get enough quality sleep, take Zinc, workout, get sunlight. Avoid booze, soy, BPA, soft plastics, bottled water and xenoestrogens. Filter your tap water to remove estrogenic chemicals.

Losing body fat, and eating cruciferous vegetables (broccoli and cauliflower) can also help remove bad estrogens from the body.

Last edited:
OP is 33

Shit is only going to go downhill from here if he stays natural

Doesn't matter how many avocados he eats or cold showers he takes

Have you checked prices through goodrx?

I pay out of pocket for my cyp script, it’s actually cheaper than going through my insurance deductible.

:yeahthat:

I actually encourage my TRT patients to pay out of pocket for test cyp so they can get the 10mL vials. Good RX is great. TRT does not have to be expensive.

If you've been lifting and eating intelligently for the last two years, then your ability to obtain much new lean mass is going to be small. If you want to get on TRT legitimately, then before you have your next blood draw:

1) diet like a mad man for a few days.

2) really try to destroy your CNS a few days before your blooddraw. Lift every day, everything to failure, and save deads for the day before or the morning of

3) Get as little sleep as possible the night before the blood draw

4) Have your blood drawn as late in the day as possible

If that doesn't work, I know a guy who ran an 8 week cycle of Ostarine and it tanked his T-levels.

Last edited:
I just want to say thank you to each and every one of you guys that posted on here. It really sounds like that all of the answers are pointing towards the obvious and most logical one; that its probably best to put off the idea of TRT for the time being, considering the fact that the levels are not dangerously low like it could be and to focus more on diet and to look deeper into other factors of the blood test like getting blood drawn to check for vitamin levels and things like that. Of course...I read so much about testosterone and its benefits all over the internet that I actually overlooked other more simple things that has much more simple solutions (example..maybe I am insufficient in vitamins or something of a general nature unrelated to testosterone).
I guess when you read so much about a single substance, over and over..you begin to crave it and believe it to be a solution to all of your problems...when maybe sometimes its best to back up and look at the other basic details, which I plan on getting blood redrawn for other factors.
I actually forgot to mention that in the blood test, the liver values were very high with elevated AST and ALT and borderline to the max bilirubin. Perhaps its the liver issue thats causing the energy and motivation problems..who knows.
Again..thank you guys and this is EXACTLY why I joined this kind of forum after lurking for so long. You guys just have a way of sharing your experiences and solutions and you all work together to help one another out. Thats really cool and amazing..and is probably the reason why this forum has stood the test of time and isn't going anywhere..while the other ones come and go.
Awesome.
:)

While your T levels may not be "dangerously low" men usually do better at the upper range as far as less heart attacks strokes and cancer. I would get your thyroid levels checked as they can some times be part of the problem.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131