advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Is there a correlation with blood pressure meds and vascularity?

NorwegianMuscle

Registered
Newbies
If you go back through my posts you can see I had high blood pressure until my doctor worked with me to bring my levels into norm. I didn't take my blood pressure meds yesterday or today. People were mentioning all day today about my veins. I looked in the mirror and was shocked. I noticed my veins coming through like mad crazy today. I had veins come out in my biceps, chest, shoulders, calves, front of my quads that weren't there before. Anyone have an idea if blood pressure meds affect your vascularity?

If you go back through my posts you can see I had high blood pressure until my doctor worked with me to bring my levels into norm. I didn't take my blood pressure meds yesterday or today. People were mentioning all day today about my veins. I looked in the mirror and was shocked. I noticed my veins coming through like mad crazy today. I had veins come out in my biceps, chest, shoulders, calves, front of my quads that weren't there before. Anyone have an idea if blood pressure meds affect your vascularity?
This is interesting i take one also everyday and i feel at least to my self the veins come out more but not 100% im interested to see what ppl have to say

It would help if you specified which blood pressure drug you are taking

My limited experience.

The only thing besides a weight related pump is hydration. If I stay well hydrated (as I should) my vascularity increases substantially. When I donate blood I super hydrate and the phlebotomist said she could throw a dart from across the room and hit a vein.

I just put on a long sleeved top layer of clothing yesterday and I could see the veins in my arm through the material. Don’t recall unseeing that before. Why now ? I asked myself.

I work outside all day and take BP meds

My biggest difference also seems to be hydration

I don’t have an answer but have the same thing happening to me. I’m getting big veins on my calves, quads (like Nick Walkers) and biceps. I went to the dentist four days ago and my BP was 117/71. Bulging veins is it from years of using AAS or thick blood I’m sure I haven’t drained in awhile It’s starting to worry me.

Multiple BP meds are for bringing down water retention, because high BP comes from high water retention. You know, if you start test and eat a ton of carbs and salt you draw water like nothing else, this spikes your BP high as well. Some BP meds flushes water out so the BP goes down. In your case, you had normal BP while on the meds i assume, you stopped for a few days, BP starts to rise, when BP goes up and maybe you have low BF your veins will start to pop. Its like you carb up on a cut. That being said, not all BP meds does something to the water retention, like beta blockers. Anyway i would think that your BP is now rising, and when BP is rising you will notice more pump and more veins/vascularity, at least to start with.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
808Labs
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131