over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

is wellbutrin really worth it ?

wondered if anyone who has used wellbutrin in the past or currently has had any issues while taking it? ive seen guys get very aggitated and even say they did not like using it in conjunction with certain otc meds etc...

so i wanted to ask if there might be a natural alternative, or should i just do as the doc has suggested?

little history, ever since i was young, ive never been happy really, always down on my self, etc...well ffwd to now, with a family, usually always angry, no self confidence, have highs where i feel like i can do everything and then crashes of complete crap where i question God, and everything in my life...]

so was refered to a psych, given welbutrin, told them i was sensitive to stuff, so he lowered it to 100 mlg sr (sustained release)

my neighbor had an episode and went off her rocker and now uses welbutrin and she said it turned her normal again and she is herself...

so there it is in a nutshell

anyone got adive, anecdotes or others pertaining to welbutrin usage etc...?

1 extended release pill of Wellbutrin sent me into what felt like a 3 day panic attack, it was terrible. The tough part about depression is it's usually a mixed bag, as in it's not just dopamine or just serotonin etc. Wellbutrin actually can really crank up norepinephrine, which can sharpen you up and be motivating but for those that do not need this you can cause anxiety issues etc.

I've tried literally 8 medications in my life for depression and anxiety, i know how frustrating this is. Check out Viibryd or Brintellix, they are both serotonin modulators and stimulators, this is the newest class of drugs where by they are trying to keep side effects to a minimum.

I'm taking Brintellix (goes by Vintellix in Canada), 5mg which is half the starter dose and it knocked out any depression within the first week. I did find it didn't help with anxiety, it can actually aggravate it in some individuals. Taking mlm pregnenolone along with it has stopped 95% of my anxiety. Look into these two.

If you decide on something in the SSRI class of drugs just stay the hell away from Paxil and Prozac, both are known to be quite side effect heavy, large amounts of weight gain and sexual side effects are common with these two.

1 extended release pill of Wellbutrin sent me into what felt like a 3 day panic attack, it was terrible. The tough part about depression is it's usually a mixed bag, as in it's not just dopamine or just serotonin etc. Wellbutrin actually can really crank up norepinephrine, which can sharpen you up and be motivating but for those that do not need this you can cause anxiety issues etc.

I've tried literally 8 medications in my life for depression and anxiety, i know how frustrating this is. Check out Viibryd or Brintellix, they are both serotonin modulators and stimulators, this is the newest class of drugs where by they are trying to keep side effects to a minimum.

I'm taking Brintellix (goes by Vintellix in Canada), 5mg which is half the starter dose and it knocked out any depression within the first week. I did find it didn't help with anxiety, it can actually aggravate it in some individuals. Taking mlm pregnenolone along with it has stopped 95% of my anxiety. Look into these two.

If you decide on something in the SSRI class of drugs just stay the hell away from Paxil and Prozac, both are known to be quite side effect heavy, large amounts of weight gain and sexual side effects are common with these two.

Oh man haha brintellix is what they first gave me, ive decided against it as its new and to me not enough worldly reviews along with it being so new..... Underlying anxiety is the other issue, i was told that if Wellbutrin aggravates my anxiety or makes me more aggravated to cease usage, its just that i do not want to get to the point where that happens as im afraid i will stroke out or have a vessel explode!

Im currently on preg along w dhea due to adrenal issues, so i dont want any interaction to cause more severe episodes etc....

Is there a way for them to test for dopamine and norepinephrine along with serotonin levels?

I also asked for a very low dose of the butrin as im super sensitive to stuff, so 100 mlg extened release as opposed to 200-250 and they want me worked up to 300 mlgs? I said um na too much!
Sent from my IpP using tapatrash

Last edited:
Have your thyroid checked. I was medicated for add/ depression when the underlying cause was just being hypothyroid.

Already have checked all thyroid stuff only thing that came back was a higher reverse t3.... I got scripted t3, and took it 1 time and it made me dizzy as hell and felt like crap!

Wow so the sexual sides especially if not being able to finish might either make me feel more awesome or more crappy! Damn!

And possibly loosing all sexual desire would be a major blow to ones ego and manlyness id suppose as well

Id rather not be able to finish than to loose all desire, especially if it eventually leads to relationship issues in the long run, i dont need more problems

Im on xanax for anxiety, and wonder if thats bad to combine the wellbutrin with it?

I dont take the xanax often, as it makes me sleepy as hell nowadays, but still wonder

Wow so the sexual sides especially if not being able to finish might either make me feel more awesome or more crappy! Damn!

And possibly loosing all sexual desire would be a major blow to ones ego and manlyness id suppose as well

Id rather not be able to finish than to loose all desire, especially if it eventually leads to relationship issues in the long run, i dont need more problems

I couldn't even get myself of jerking. Wasn't ED issues was orgasm mechanism being effected. All depression meds effected my libido in one way or another. For me what changed most was how I dealt with outside factors stress and such. Therapy worked much better for me but we are all different, have to find what works. I'm almost 34 had the issues when my mom died when I was 12. But I can function keep a professional job, my issue is women lol.

general information, my two cents worth

I will not talk specifically about a certain drug . . . that is for you and a medical professional to discuss.

In my opinion, and I am no expert . . . find a good psychologist, preferably one trained as a psychopharmacologist (Psychopharmacology)
too, but a good psychologist to start. And this may take some time . . . not all are created equal. ~ 90% of all psychoactive drugs are
prescribed by family doctors, GP’s. While they are no doubt trying to help, are doing what their experience suggests, I am not sure they
are the best doctors for treating mental disorders.

So . . . finding the right medication for you will most likely be a trial and error process, tapering into a new medication, staying on it for a
long enough time to evaluate the effectiveness and side effects (if any) and then tapering off and trying something new if it does not
work. This entire process tasks time and no small amount patience which is why many (most?) people never find the correct medication
for them. As the old saying goes, you are unique, just like everybody else. And also . . . it may take a ‘cocktail’ (more than one medication
taken together) of these medications to work best for you. Again, unfortunately this may turn out to be a trial and error process as not
the same medications work the same on everybody. They all will have some effect but whether or not it is the desired effect for you
will remain to be seen. It will be great for you if the first thing you try works beautifully.

One last thing . . . the best results seems to come from a combination of medication(s) used in conjunction cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT).

Hope this helps. I wish you all the best. Please keep us posted.

I've used welbutrin but didn't like the apathetic feeling it gave me. I've settled for occasional use of Stablon, noopept and phenibut. And I try to take breaks every few days. I prefer things that act quickly and have short half lives.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

I've used welbutrin but didn't like the apathetic feeling it gave me. I've settled for occasional use of Stablon, noopept and phenibut. And I try to take breaks every few days. I prefer things that act quickly and have short half lives.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Ive heard of noopept and have pheni, but didnt like pheni, soo maybe ill research noopept,

Thanks

I will not talk specifically about a certain drug . . . that is for you and a medical professional to discuss.

In my opinion, and I am no expert . . . find a good psychologist, preferably one trained as a psychopharmacologist (Psychopharmacology)

too, but a good psychologist to start. And this may take some time . . . not all are created equal. ~ 90% of all psychoactive drugs are

prescribed by family doctors, GP’s. While they are no doubt trying to help, are doing what their experience suggests, I am not sure they

are the best doctors for treating mental disorders.

So . . . finding the right medication for you will most likely be a trial and error process, tapering into a new medication, staying on it for a

long enough time to evaluate the effectiveness and side effects (if any) and then tapering off and trying something new if it does not

work. This entire process tasks time and no small amount patience which is why many (most?) people never find the correct medication

for them. As the old saying goes, you are unique, just like everybody else. And also . . . it may take a ‘cocktail’ (more than one medication

taken together) of these medications to work best for you. Again, unfortunately this may turn out to be a trial and error process as not

the same medications work the same on everybody. They all will have some effect but whether or not it is the desired effect for you

will remain to be seen. It will be great for you if the first thing you try works beautifully.

One last thing . . . the best results seems to come from a combination of medication(s) used in conjunction cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT).

Hope this helps. I wish you all the best. Please keep us posted.

Thanks for all this! Yes everyone is different, and yes i need a therapist either cbt or psychotherapist from what the paych told me, ive always been one to find the cause not put a bandaid (med) over it, but that changed when no one could figure out my low t, it was just that, it happened and no one could say y? Well ill seek out therapy first i think, and perhaps take a very small dosage of butrin, if i can get lower than 100 mlg then i may see how that goes, at least then a lower than way average dose might be easier to gauge sides for me and make it easier to get off if something drastic happens!

I want to thanks all of u that have posted in here today! I doubted id get such great responses on a Saturday and it speaks volumes about people and them actually caring enough to offer opinions advice and help

I greatly appreciate it and this community

The sexual sides that SSRIs induce are weak erections and blue balls.

Thanks for all this! Yes everyone is different, and yes i need a therapist either cbt or psychotherapist from what the paych told me, ive always been one to find the cause not put a bandaid (med) over it, but that changed when no one could figure out my low t, it was just that, it happened and no one could say y? Well ill seek out therapy first i think, and perhaps take a very small dosage of butrin, if i can get lower than 100 mlg then i may see how that goes, at least then a lower than way average dose might be easier to gauge sides for me and make it easier to get off if something drastic happens!

Therapists or counselors are very hit and miss. If you find a good one and put in the work, in most cases, it will be helpful. Unfortunately for me, I've been to many but haven't found the right one yet. Seems like they are all only telling me shit I've already heard or want to hear, lol. :rolleyes:

I went through a rough time 7 years ago and came off a 9 month aas run and moved back east from Vegas all at the same time, plus I had lost my high paying job when the market crashed. So i went from living the life in Vegas to back to NY right when it was getting cold, and i didnt come off the AAS properly.

My Dr gave me wellbutrin as he said it would make me feel better and help me quit smoking.

Took one pill and had an allergic reaction to it, got rushed to the hospital. So it was no good for me. I think that was like a 1 in 1000 reaction, but just my luck of course.

Never took another anti d and im fine, so i guess it was just a tough time, i must not really need it. If it can help you try it out, but it didnt react well with my body.

I took the Welbutrin to quit smoking and after two or three days of taking it I ended up having an allergic reaction to it. I had hives from hell for two days. I wanted to peel my skin off they itched so bad. Good luck.

Thanks guys, im gonna try it and see what happens, ill also see if there is a lower dosage as i got 100 mlg er tablets

I like that it acts on dopamine instead of serotonin. I only took it for a little while a few years back but it helped me not smoke. So I had a great experience with it

I like that it acts on dopamine instead of serotonin. I only took it for a little while a few years back but it helped me not smoke. So I had a great experience with it

Wonder if it will have the same effects on a guy who chews? Hmmm
Might be worth a shot then

I took the Welbutrin to quit smoking and after two or three days of taking it I ended up having an allergic reaction to it. I had hives from hell for two days. I wanted to peel my skin off they itched so bad. Good luck.

It put me into a panic attack, and I felt like I couldnt breath. I was breathing so heavy but felt like I wasnt getting air in my lungs. Obviously I thought I was dying as I had never had a panic attack so I didnt know. I got rushed to the hospital and they gave me something similar to Xanax but they gave it to me IV... Calmed me right down.

Never took it again obviously...

I have taken Wellbutrin (Buproprion) regularly since the late 90's. I've always taken it in conjunction with something else. I'm sorry I missed your thread. If you have any questions about this drug, I could probably provide some insight.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Cptinsomnia
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws