advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

John Keifer: Nicotine the worlds best fat burner??

kscowboy

Kilo Klub Member / Board Supporter
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Board Supporter
I get emails from John Keifer from time to time. The latest one i received has me intrigued, i guess.

He says that nicotine is the worlds best and safest fat burner. Now i get that he is a salesman and wants you to buy his book on the matter, so i wanted to see if anyone else had any information on this. I know when i see smokers that are lean and stop smoking, they get fatter (I get that they eat more blah blah blah) so is there something to the nicotine notion?

Lets start with this.

Great Post Shelby!!!! Your beliefs?

With as much as I dip I should be dropping weight like crazy. LOL!!! I do tend to put a dip in if I am feeling a craving come on.

Great Post Shelby!!!! Your beliefs?

I've used it, years ago. I don't use it anymore and I don't really recommend it to people unless they are REALLY struggling with their diet. It mainly helps with appetite suppression, in my opinion. And not feeling absolutely horrible when you're really pushing things.

It's not a magic bullet... certainly not a "must have".

I don't get why someone would use nicotine when there are so many effective fat burners on the market that are much cheaper and less addictive.

I don't get why someone would use nicotine when there are so many effective fat burners on the market that are much cheaper and less addictive.

I disagree. To me, addiction is dependent on the person. I chewed for almost 20 years but was never addicted to it. Sometimes i would chew a bag of redman in 3 days and sometimes it took me 3 weeks. Stopped cold turkey and never was addicted. So i think addiction is an individual thing.

I have a friend that has smoked since he was 16, a pack a day usually, and is well over 300lbs at 5'7. He quit smoking 3 months ago and is using those e-cigs and weight hasn't changed...he also isn't a crazy water. In fact he hardly eats. Some days he might only eat 1000 calories due to his schedule. And he is fairly active. He doesn't go to the gym but he's always out and about doing something, and his job requires a bit of walking. So it's hard for me to believe nicotine burns fat any better than caffeine does.

The best thing about nicotine gum is the energy and mental focus it seems to give you. I still use it pre workout tbh instead of stimulants. Thought i was getting addicted but realised I just enjoyed chewing gum as I swapped out for standard sugar free and have no cravings for it. Does help with appetite quite well so long as I'm not on tren. Only downside is cost

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

Nicotine is probably a healthier option in a lot of ways than a lot of fat burners.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

a marlboro red=the best pre-workout eva?:p

I have a friend that has smoked since he was 16, a pack a day usually, and is well over 300lbs at 5'7. He quit smoking 3 months ago and is using those e-cigs and weight hasn't changed...he also isn't a crazy water. In fact he hardly eats. Some days he might only eat 1000 calories due to his schedule. And he is fairly active. He doesn't go to the gym but he's always out and about doing something, and his job requires a bit of walking. So it's hard for me to believe nicotine burns fat any better than caffeine does.

That sounds more like a hormonal thing than anything else. The electronic ones still have nicotine though.

This sounds like a severely damaged metabolism, with equally as bad insulin sensitivity as well I would presume.

After reading the article, in hindsight during my contest prep I do seem to dip more, usually when hungry and it curbs the need. Also, when water is lowered I would dip more to keep me from drinking or thinking about being thirsty. Thanks for the post Shelby!

why dont u use meth? i hear that burns alot of fat

nicotine is like the most addicting thing ever lol

a marlboro red=the best pre-workout eva?:p

LOL, reminds me of when I saw a husband and wife both smoking while riding their bicycles to the gym I lifted at!

I used to be addicted to chew for a few years but stopped that.
Now I use the gum when dieting for short periods ( several pieces on low calorie days) but I have seen no addictive potential at all with them.

International Journal of Obesity
Systemic nicotine stimulates human adipose tissue lipolysis through local cholinergic and catecholaminergic receptors

This study suggests nicotine contributes to lypolysis but 2 different mechanisms. The first being the widely accepted view that nicotine causes catecholamine release, an increase in adrenaline and noradrenaline levels. The second, poses adipose tissue has nicotine receptors itself.

I remember being told that in a college physiology class. I think its widely accepted. It could be one of the things that contributes to weight gain when people stop smoking. Eating more to compensate though probably contributes to more. Not too dissimilar to caffeine.

Interesting, but I'll stick to other things before I hop on some nicotine that's super addictive.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws