over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Jordan peters advice

i think beginners should focus on big movements that are boring and getting stronger, very direct basic shit that most dont wana hear.

those look like examples.
there is not one best.
age and recovery would be big factors to success in the one above.

i think the upper/lower together has more to do with sort of training singals to the body. you do a shit load more work like that then days of bicep curls and lat raises.:lightbulb:

He isn’t saying that’s from the ebook, reread his post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I wasn't implying that, I was just pointing out the book he's selling doesn't match what a lot of people he's training are doing.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Also he recommends the upper lower training true? I would not know how its volume will be in this type of routine, I suppose higher than in the fullbody

This is from last year and Justin Harris even said it was too much. I think this was an experiment he tried briefly using Fortitude principles.

https://musclementor.net/upper-body-11918/

These are some workouts from a few years ago

https://www.facebook.com/TrainedByJ...-split-is-so-damn-effective-/488128694606019/

https://www.facebook.com/TrainedByJ...f-us-is-to-look-and-feel-goo/990945797657637/

And he also has an upper and a lower video on YouTube from about 5 years ago you can watch.

He doesn't have a style of training per say. I mean, if you look at his logs in his website for the last few years, and i have, you will see that he have tried a bunch of diferente workouts. If anything, his style his low volume, high to moderate frequency and progressive overload. That is his style of training, that's what all the different workout types he have done have in common.

From the top of my head, he have done upper/lower, fortitude, Push/Pull/Legs, the one on his e-book, now he's doing some "pivotal system" kind of sets/reps, etc. And this is just from the top of my head.

AGREED

But still....you have trained under 1 program for 4 months...why the hell are you thining of switching or even thinking of it. Is Phil's working? The problem is you;re looking for the next best thing...sorry to burst your bubble but THEY ALL WORK DUDE. Lift weights, eat food, rest, recover. It's simple.

Secondly, you constantly refer to this forum being full of "advanced big guys," but those same guys train the same as you. Go ask any big advanced guy and hell tell you the biggest part of the equation is EATING...not the program you are running.

you need to simplify this dude.

ANY and ALL routines work. they really do. as long as its supplying stimulus to the muscle and as long as you recover and EAT it will work. its not a complicated thing at all. workouts are the easiest part of whole equation. most difficult part is diet. 2nd easiest part is the drugs. its kinda like workout routines they all work if you put in the work:lightbulb:
-F2S

I am a member of his site and I highly recommend it. I can’t comment on the E book because I’ve never read it. Most guys on the site now do push/pull/legs. On a push day its

2 chest exercises - 4 sets total
3 shoulder exercises 6-7 sets total
2 tricep exercises 3-4 sets total

So the entire workout is 13-15 sets total. I know a lot of guys who do that just for a chest workout. The volume isn’t high but the intensity is because every set is taken to failure.

He has said many times to do what you can recover from. Some guys do more than what I listed and some do less but find what works for you.

Less sets, more frequency and progressive overload has worked great for me.

sounds ALOT like what Phil Hernon had me do when he was my trainer. we did just 3 working sets per body part.
high intensity with not too much volume is what is ideal i think for anyone but DEF for me as i am/was an ecto/meso kinda body. i dont recover very good and size lil hard to get. Phils way was absolutley best for me and really would be best for everyone imo.
-F2S

He used variations like dc?
sounds ALOT like what Phil Hernon had me do when he was my trainer. we did just 3 working sets per body part.
high intensity with not too much volume is what is ideal i think for anyone but DEF for me as i am/was an ecto/meso kinda body. i dont recover very good and size lil hard to get. Phils way was absolutley best for me and really would be best for everyone imo.
-F2S

I feel that there is too much "science" to look for the perfect training system, but that does not exist and they are only reinventing the wheel again and again, just to sell his books/systems/coach services.

People change their training because you can not always train the same, either by diet, experience, years of training, self-knowledge, by injuries, by objectives ... and at the end of the day. that is the only way that works. Stay constant, variety within certain logic and science, rest, eat, recover and move on.

I used to love the JP website, now he is just a huge sellout, ridiculously overpriced supplements being shoved in your face by the 'athletes' on there. Selling Ebooks with no real new information or training logic.

Just stick to the basics IMO

How is he a sellout he is using the best possible ingredients in his supplements. His "athletes" include ifbb pros.

Even when you get to the home page of his site the 1st thing you read is a quote "bodybuilding is very simple".

Surely that is sticking to the basics lift heavy and lift often

How is he a sellout he is using the best possible ingredients in his supplements. His "athletes" include ifbb pros.

Even when you get to the home page of his site the 1st thing you read is a quote "bodybuilding is very simple".

Surely that is sticking to the basics lift heavy and lift often

£50 for a pre workout with 25 servings? All they do is push the supplements and now the mega expensive health supplements. Its all about money. The bodybuilding is very simple quote has been on there since the beginning, both the site and Jordan are very very different to what it once was.

He brings out his intra workout supplements (yet again ridiculously priced) and a couple weeks later a diet planner is added to the site, telling you to take 5 scoops each of his intra carb and intra EAA. Im sorry but spending hundreds a month on intra supplements is not simple bodybuilding.

-F2S

credit where credit is due.

£50 for a pre workout with 25 servings? All they do is push the supplements and now the mega expensive health supplements. Its all about money. The bodybuilding is very simple quote has been on there since the beginning, both the site and Jordan are very very different to what it once was.

He brings out his intra workout supplements (yet again ridiculously priced) and a couple weeks later a diet planner is added to the site, telling you to take 5 scoops each of his intra carb and intra EAA. Im sorry but spending hundreds a month on intra supplements is not simple bodybuilding.

So your biggest gripe is that he now has supplements (with patented ingredients in clinical doses). Nobody making you buy them. And JP has always been about intra workout nutrition and recovery. Its seems logical to bring out as supplement that he can use himself.

The health supplements for me means instead of having 4 bottles in my press I can now have 1.

Seems that your problem with JP is the fact has been successful and has now turned his handed to supplements. What successful bodybuilder hadn't done that. Phil heath had a supplement company and it failed.

ANY and ALL routines work. they really do. as long as its supplying stimulus to the muscle and as long as you recover and EAT it will work. its not a complicated thing at all. workouts are the easiest part of whole equation. most difficult part is diet. 2nd easiest part is the drugs. its kinda like workout routines they all work if you put in the work:lightbulb:
-F2S

x1000

I could sit here now and write out 10 workout systems. I could make them really complicated so guys think they are getting their money's worth. Many people would be made up with them but it's all bullshit at the end of the day. As long as someone trains hard it will work. Plus that is coming from someone who loves training and puts a lot of effort into the minor details of it all as well.

All the pro's are jumping on this though and most of them have ebooks. Bulking ebooks, shredding ebooks, lean bulking ebooks etc etc. Half the time many probably get someone to ghost write them and they finish it off. They are making a lot of money. The likes of Jeremy Buendia must be making $100k's every year just on ebooks now. I say good on them and if someone is prepared to pay for it then great. But for the most part guys buy them thinking there is some magic sequence of exercises that will unlock special gains. Kai Greene had loads of ebooks and suddenly one day slashed the price by something crazy like 90% which would be annoying to anyone who had bought them before. His are basic though and not expensive but he has that many fans he must have made a killing. I bet he didn't write his out either. Maybe the training itself but not all the text to go with it.

There are also some really good trainers out there doing them as well. Many apply more science into training but it's still all the same. Again if someone who willing to pay for it then great. If someone has a problem with it I can't understand. It's not like the bodybuilder is forcing someone to buy it. Although lot's of people are getting ripped off in the IG era with training especially with the many insta famous female trainers or that terrible term "influencers".

Obviously training can be hugely important so I am not dismissing learning from experienced guys. If someone is going in the gym and doing far too much volume and not recovering their gains will be effected. Some people also need a helping hand and constant support. Others know what they are doing but don't mind paying out as they want to learn as much as possible. Little changes in training can result in quite big changes.

Regarding Jordan Peters training I think it's extermely effective. But to me it isn't his training it's just training. The same stuff gets done over and over with slight modifications. The reason I like Jordan though is he doesn't pretend it to be any other way. But sure his style of training is very effective. On here though you constantly see x style of training or y's movements and I think to myself really. Plus don't get me started on all the guys who change a movement in a tiny way and suddenly it's named something else. They must sit there trying to think of new movements they can name after themselves. But if you have the followers it sticks. Regan Grimes seems to do this a lot for example.

Low volume, high frequency and progressive overload is a winning combination for many. People try it and say it didn't work but did they really try it. The same for other training methods as well. Basically the point of my post is any training method can be effective if you put 100% into it.

Everyone is different and their lifestyles may be suited to a certain type of training. An example a lot of these pro's you see going crazy in the gym 6 days per week and training each bodypart 2-3 times don't actually have a proper job. They are pro's so a lot of their work may be sat on a laptop at home with food by his side. Now someone working in a busy factory which is non stop for 10 hours per day with limited breaks may struggle to keep up with such a system. So sure don't train like your favourite pro's if it doesn't suit you. Other people can make it happen no matter what though but very few are that driven.

Regarding Jordan's latest post about what beginners should do I agree it would be very effective. How can concentrating on the basics not be the best advice. Guys just need to ensure they are doing the basics correctly in regards to execution. If a beginner learns to do all the main compound movements with excellent form and don't ego lift they are on the right track.

Now for JP's supplements they use patented ingredients so they are going to cost more. Guys should want fellow bodybuilders to make money. As long as they aren't ripping anyone off as in scamming then I support all bodybuilders. JP's new line looks good. Obviously he is going to promote it in his posts on his forum as well. What's the point in going through all that hard work to set up the line if you don't actually try and sell the products. They are made for his athletes and if anyone else wants to buy them then great. I am actually planning to order the preworkout myself for my preworkout thread.

Last edited:
Remember JP advocates deload periods to deal with the volume.

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws