advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

JUST FOR THE HELL OF IT...I'VE BEEN DOING SETS OF 25 REPS.

JETHRO TULL

FOUNDING Member / Featured Member / Verified Custo
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
I FIGURED SINCE MY LEG IS INJURED....CAN'T DO CARDIO....[WAS ABLE TO RIDE THE RECOMBANT BIKE A COUPLE TIMES..BUT...] AND I AM SHRINKING LIKE A SUMBIATCH ANYWAY.....

I THOUGHT TO MYSELF WHAT THE HECK..YOUR JOINTS COULD USE A BREAK ANYWAY...I'LL DO SOME OF THOSE 25 REPS SETS GETBIG27 MENTIONED THAT HE'S BEEN DOING.

I AM A SORE BITCH...THAT'S WHAT I AM. PROBABLY FROM THE CHANGE FROM 6-8 REPS SETS....MUSCLE CONFUSION AND ALL THAT....BUT, NO DENYING IT....I AM HITTING THE MUSCLE VERY WELL.

Sets of 25

Over the last 6 months I've had several of my more advanced trainees switching from their regular 6-8 rep sets to the 25's. I get them to choose one exercise (multi-joint preferred) per bodypart and do 6 sets for a total of 150 reps. They cry pretty bad for the first workouts and the following recovery days. But I'll be darned if to a person they don't keep on asking me when it will be time for 6 X 25's again. They seem to grow lots & like the sick pumps and soreness that go with it. Like you said, easy on the joints too.
Hope your leg is better soon.

Good change

JT- for years I trained the same 6-10 reps on everything with low set totals...heavy heavy heavy. All the time. I have changed my training style to incorporate more volume and higher reps over the last 6 months and all joint pain has went away (15-25 reps) and increased my number of sets. My body has responded well to this type of training as well. Give it an honest try for a-while and see what happens. I hope that your leg heals soon brother! Injuries suck.

i was just thinking about posting this.i started as a powerlifter for 10 years then switched to bodybuilding training like dorian.i got extremely strong.this past year i upped my volume and reps.my first set will be around 20-25 then each set will go down in reps till i'am around 12-15.my body has totally changed and the pump is great.thats something i never got from training like the above.also my rest between sets are down to 30-45sec.which is alot different from before.and no sore joints

How are you guys working this setup? Say for chest , do you do only one movement like barbell bench for 6 set of 25 and thats it or do you do other excercises?
Sounds kinda like the way the Dogg Crap style was explained.

I gotta try somthing new , my shoulders and elbows HURT constantly

tornquad2 said:
i was just thinking about posting this.i started as a powerlifter for 10 years then switched to bodybuilding training like dorian.i got extremely strong.this past year i upped my volume and reps.my first set will be around 20-25 then each set will go down in reps till i'am around 12-15.my body has totally changed and the pump is great.thats something i never got from training like the above.also my rest between sets are down to 30-45sec.which is alot different from before.and no sore joints

Same is happening to me with Voctor Munoz routine in 2 1/2 month my body changed dramatically and is changing ed.. but i recomend to periodize so 4 to 6 weeks low volume and 4 to 6 wekks high volume, it depends what your body and your soul tells you, trying to avoid overtraining and injures.

I have always been a fan of high volume training. The pumps are way better, I can feel the mind-muscle connection a lot more, and my joints don't hurt all the time. Seems like it's the best way to train for longevity.

I too am a huge advocate of volume training. At first it's hard to check the ego at the door. I can honestly say that I've made continual gains while being injury free with this training philosophy. Typically I'll start with 30 reps 1st set, 20-25 reps 2nd set, 15-20 reps 3rd, 10-15reps 4th set. That is as low as I'll go. If I can't get 15reps if i really push hard, then I feel that the weight is too heavy for me.
I also train in what I call the "sweet spot". it's that small range within a full range of motion in which the targeted muscle is isolated with complete tension on it through the entire duration of the set. I see too many athletes training with a full range of motion just asking for a lack of results or injury. Why displace the tension from the targeted muscle to the next joint in line. We must remember that we're training out muscular system and not our skeletal system.

roy is absolutely right.. train the muscle over its "range of motion".. not the rangeof motion per the exercise.. it is not powerlifting where ya need a point a and a point b for the lift.. i am going to sound like a broken record since i have a few threads about this already but, the range of motion myth drives me nuts.. :(

Rob Roy said:
I also train in what I call the "sweet spot". it's that small range within a full range of motion in which the targeted muscle is isolated with complete tension on it through the entire duration of the set. .

THIS IS IT!! my fav... especially on shoulders.. my pain in my shoulders i used to get years ago, hasnt come back since!!!

Yes but what about when you train high volume and real heavy short rest btw sets you are training for 45 to 60 min become a high intensity training but more reps,more sets and more days.

You will need to get rest periods and switch to low sets, low reps shorter workouts and less workouts days to avoid overtraining and injures, like HIT rules to periodizise to let you body recover anproduce more muscle, and working differents fibers.

If you're working the sweet spot within the full range of motion for an exercise, can't you get strong in the sweet spot and injure yourself if you try something outside the sweet spot, like lifting something heavy?

LATS said:
roy is absolutely right.. train the muscle over its "range of motion".. not the rangeof motion per the exercise.. it is not powerlifting where ya need a point a and a point b for the lift.. i am going to sound like a broken record since i have a few threads about this already but, the range of motion myth drives me nuts.. :(
Thank you Lats! I preach on this all day long every day. Being a trainer, I cringe anymore when I'm watching this tension being displaced into the joints. Squats are my fav. due to past knee problems that I've had. I can spot the patella screaming in agony from across the gym. Ouch. Train smarter not harder....

Kahn said:
If you're working the sweet spot within the full range of motion for an exercise, can't you get strong in the sweet spot and injure yourself if you try something outside the sweet spot, like lifting something heavy?
You'll actually prevent being injured while lifting outside of the sweet spot because of the simple fact that your conective tissue is not being torn apart through the duration of your exercise. So when you are placed into a situation in which your connective tissue is being challenged it's strong enough to handle the load. Connective tissue isn't like muscle where it grows through breakdown and recovery. Once it's broken down. For the most part, it's broken down. With the grinding that we do to our bodies, we need to protect our joints.

Gunsmith said:
How are you guys working this setup? Say for chest , do you do only one movement like barbell bench for 6 set of 25 and thats it or do you do other excercises?
Sounds kinda like the way the Dogg Crap style was explained.

I gotta try somthing new , my shoulders and elbows HURT constantly

The "shoulders & elbows hurting constantly" were just some of the reason I started doing research on new training methods for my customers. Personally, I'll split chest into an incline press movement & a decline press movement. I switch exercises - dumbells, smith, barbell, hammer strength. For my training clients, I just keep it simple with one movement per bodypart 6 x 25.
My joints don't hurt anywhere near as much. I get absolutely sick pumps and I'm sore a good 3 to 4 days afterwards. The growth has been consistent and appreciable. I love it. Like Heinz said, I rotate 4-6 weeks on 6 x 25 and then another 4-6 weeks on 6-10 reps low volume.

Sorry, I meant BIGHEINZ

Its very hard for me to get that thick full look if I do not go heavy. I do often switch up, but when I need to add mass i go with heavy weights.

Just curious, but do you guys that do the high volume train like that for bulking also?

you know I have been actually considering this for during next AAS cycle to help in really losing weight. Higher reps are more aerobic then lower reps.
and with the gear I will be using, i should still be making some decent size and strength gains.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
calebjmb
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131