over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Just saw this quote and wanted to share it

PainSeeker

Registered
"The doctor of the future will give no medicine, but will interest his patient in the care of the human frame, in diet, and in the cause and prevention of disease."-Thomas Jefferson.

Wow that would be nice if all doctors were like that now. I get so tired of seeing friends and family members taking a dozen pills, and at the same time knowing nothing about healthy living.

seems to me that the majority of Dr's will prescribe things for people even when they don't need it, but give hard time when you do need something...

"The doctor of the future will give no medicine, but will interest his patient in the care of the human frame, in diet, and in the cause and prevention of disease."-Thomas Jefferson.

Wow that would be nice if all doctors were like that now. I get so tired of seeing friends and family members taking a dozen pills, and at the same time knowing nothing about healthy living.

Jefferson was a true visionary. I am a huge fan of his quotes. He had a lot of fantastic quotes that are just as applicable today as when he was alive

My favorite one was "Advertisements contain the only truths to be relied on in a newspaper". LOL, irony

The problem isn't the doctors, its the system. You have to understand that our healthcare system is a business and a political system, not a healthcare system. The doctors are only following with what they are taught and operating within the system they are given. The pharmaceutical companies and insurance companies own the system and have the power to dictate the rules. To step over the boundaries, even when doing whats morally and ethically right, is very risky.

I think the vast majority of people are too lazy to put forth any effort so they want a simple solution aka some sort of medication. Doctors in turn comply with the general public's wants. Not saying any of this is the correct way, it's just how things are.

I think the vast majority of people are too lazy to put forth any effort so they want a simple solution aka some sort of medication. Doctors in turn comply with the general public's wants. Not saying any of this is the correct way, it's just how things are.

I think that the reason people want the,quick and easy way is because we have been taught and programmed to desire instant gratification based lifestyles. If not for all of the fast food and fast cures that are advertised and pushed so hard by multibillion dollar companies I thinkwe would be much less lazy as a society. Jefferson was a true visionary. Just imagine if doctors prescribed gym passes and health food.

I like that. Thanks for bringing it to the boards attention. Never heard that before.

Doctors tell people how to fix their issues all the time, people are too lazy to do it, they don't care enough to do it.

You go into the doctor and find out you have high cholesterol, the doctor tells you how to lower it, 99% of patients won't do shit to help themselves, instead they want a pill. After dealing with thousands of patients that won't do shit, they just start writing the scripts...

I don't blame the doctors for people's pill popping, I blame the people for not educating themselves and for not bothering to address the most basic lifestyle changes before asking for a quick fix.
I would get pretty tired having overweight, fast food eating people coming to me for health care advice and medicine when they can't even bother to have a regular exercise routine or moderately healthy diet.
I am constantly being asked how to be healthier/leaner by average joes, and they are sometimes surprised when I tell them it takes adjustments in lifestyle that must remain constant, not some temporary fad diet or quick run of supplements/drugs.

Jefferson and Ben Franklin had some great things to say.

But yeah, I think people just don't listen and docs eventually feed them scripts just to keep them from dying immediately...delaying the inevitable.

My step-dad is severely diabetic and I've yet to see him eat a meal that doesn't include a shit ton of carbs. Other day on Skype he's in the background holding a fucking doughnut and a coke!! And always talking about how he "feels bad". No shit?

I don't blame the doctors for people's pill popping, I blame the people for not educating themselves and for not bothering to address the most basic lifestyle changes before asking for a quick fix.
I would get pretty tired having overweight, fast food eating people coming to me for health care advice and medicine when they can't even bother to have a regular exercise routine or moderately healthy diet.
I am constantly being asked how to be healthier/leaner by average joes, and they are sometimes surprised when I tell them it takes adjustments in lifestyle that must remain constant, not some temporary fad diet or quick run of supplements/drugs.

It also doesnt help that the pharmaceutical companies strongly suggest($$$$$) they use their meds lol

I work with a guy whos 30, ex cancer patient, weighs about 400lbs. Diabetes, blood pressure, high chol etc.......Anyways he eats like total shit, drinks about 5 pops a day here at the shop who knows what at home. And at every doctors apt they tell him to loose about 30 lbs to start, he of course doesnt, goes back and gets a new pill........Wake up :banghead: already, man it makes me sick.

Well there is no money is free thinking healthy people, only fat sheep waiting to go to slaughter.

Don't blame the doctors, pharmaceutical companies or insurance companies. The patients don't want to change. They want something that they can take (pill) and can continue to do what they're doing, but hoping it will hurt them less. As Kaladryn said, docs get tired of telling people this and give them what they want. There are very few docs that write a scripts as a last resort, but they are out there. I tend to look for alternatives to pills, but not everyone is like that. Don't be mad at pharmaceutical companies, they are in BUSINESS, just like health insurance companies. They are in the industry to MAKE MONEY. Pharm companies have capitalized on peoples laziness, good for them.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
rh8767
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity