over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Ketogenic Help

Achilles-reborn

Registered
I used the search engine but I didn't have any luck. I need to know what is an optimal range of daily fat intake on a true ketogenic diet for someone lifting 5 times a week. I don't want to over do it. What's the sweet spot and how much do the sources of fat matter. Thanks for any feedback.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

True keto is 60% fat, 35% protein and 5% carbs.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk 2

True keto is 60% fat, 35% protein and 5% carbs.

Thanks for the info.

Thanks for the info.

While I'm sure you knew this some may screw this up. It's 60/35/5% caloric split not grams. So a 2000 cal daily diet would be 1200cals from fat. 700cals from protein. 100cals from carbs. Personally I eat a little more % of protein and less % fat but that's after years of getting my body accustomed to the diet.

Once the fat loss slows then up the fat and drop the protein

Last edited:
I used the search engine but I didn't have any luck. I need to know what is an optimal range of daily fat intake on a true ketogenic diet for someone lifting 5 times a week. I don't want to over do it. What's the sweet spot and how much do the sources of fat matter. Thanks for any feedback.

No such thing . That's something you figure out because all of us are different. Personally im anti keto as I've done it all past 30 years of training . Carbs spare cortisol , spare nitrogen . The preferred source of energy . Even when I competed natural my most shredded was on a diet where I cycled my macros . But good luck , just remember every thing in bodybuilding is subject to the individual - we all live and think differently this effects our ability to discipline and focus on training eating and rest . So only you can answer -keep a log

LICSW/MSW/cscs/ USArmyVet

No such thing . That's something you figure out because all of us are different. Personally im anti keto as I've done it all past 30 years of training . Carbs spare cortisol , spare nitrogen . The preferred source of energy . Even when I competed natural my most shredded was on a diet where I cycled my macros . But good luck , just remember every thing in bodybuilding is subject to the individual - we all live and think differently this effects our ability to discipline and focus on training eating and rest . So only you can answer -keep a log

I don't know if I'd recommend a keto diet for a competitive bodybuilder...maybe the first 6 weeks of their pre contest diet then transition into a traditional diet.. I'll go out on a limb and assume that most guys who compete don't do a keto diet. I'd guess 90% of them just do a 12-16 week pre contest diet mostly manipulating carbs not keto style.

I also don't know how it would work the final days before the show. Coming off keto then introducing carbs is a tricky process and could mess someone up on stage.

Personally I fell there is no better diet then a CKD. Produces relatively fast results and minimal cardio is needed. I also find it to be the easiest diet to follow and there's no guessing or worrying about what you can or can't eat.

The weekend carb up is also something to look forward to so mentally it keeps you going.

I don't know if I'd recommend a keto diet for a competitive bodybuilder...maybe the first 6 weeks of their pre contest diet then transition into a traditional diet.. I'll go out on a limb and assume that most guys who compete don't do a keto diet. I'd guess 90% of them just do a 12-16 week pre contest diet mostly manipulating carbs not keto style.

I also don't know how it would work the final days before the show. Coming off keto then introducing carbs is a tricky process and could mess someone up on stage.

Personally I fell there is no better diet then a CKD. Produces relatively fast results and minimal cardio is needed. I also find it to be the easiest diet to follow and there's no guessing or worrying about what you can or can't eat.

The weekend carb up is also something to look forward to so mentally it keeps you going.

You and me both . Many bodybuilders use keto . However I'm with you bro . I train amateur guys on the side and always advocate the macro cycling approach - maybe using a keto for 1-3 days during the cycle then manipulating the metabolism through a varied intake of carbs and macros . However always keep protien intake high. Additionally many pros use insulin along with AAS which is the main reason why today's pros get so freakishly huge even using it to get into keto but it's really tricky and has risks . Either way carbohydrates are imperative . In this day and age with all the fad diets and people looking fir shirt cuts . The keto is to me a quick shirt term fix . Lowering calories and increasing training over the long haul will never be replaced . Varying macros and calories over a cycle going low as 800 day to high as 1500-2500 depending on individual is actually easier to adjust back to normal .

Eating good clean whole foods , refraining from all processed flour and sugars can be tolerated better but that's just my humble ignorant opinion ;)

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner