over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Last few days of prep

RSMainz

Registered
Newbies
This is a question targetting the SHW bodybuilders out there but looking for any and all feedback. How do your last few days of prep look diet wise?

Last 3-4 weeks of prep seemed to have completely ruined my look. Down around 16-17lbs and just look small and soft and stringy.

My coach/mentor has me at roughly 350-400 carbs daily which is way too little for me and we pushed down to 250 yesterday which caused a 5lbs loss in 24 hours.

Either looking for feedback from you guys on where I should go from here or looking to hear about your experiences and how hard you loaded, if you loaded at all etc.

Literally don't have a single one. Pics shouldn't stop people sharing their own experiences though which is what I'm most interested in
I understand

But this is generally a ‘your mileage may vary’ - type of thing

Not a one fits all

Curious that a super heavyweight bodybuilder doesn’t have a single pic of his physique

Have you spoken to your coach about your concerns???? I’m guessing you see him in person, otherwise you would have photos… I have never gotten soft from a lack of carbs, flat yes. All I can say is I 100% rely on my coaches eyes that far into prep because my brain will be playing tricks on me from the dieting and drugs…. Pics would help….

I understand

But this is generally a ‘your mileage may vary’ - type of thing

Not a one fits all

Curious that a super heavyweight bodybuilder doesn’t have a single pic of his physique
Have you spoken to your coach about your concerns???? I’m guessing you see him in person, otherwise you would have photos… I have never gotten soft from a lack of carbs, flat yes. All I can say is I 100% rely on my coaches eyes that far into prep because my brain will be playing tricks on me from the dieting and drugs…. Pics would help….
Yeah of course I have pics but nothing recent. Reason I'm on here is because I feel like I've kind of been put on the back burner. It was my own fault for messing up my food today. Rushing around from once place to another to get tanning/registration done along with 2 appointments...I thought half of it was happening tomorrow not today.

In Australia we have an abundance of smaller bodybuilders. It's rare to have more than 2-3 guys in the SHW category and considering. Even though he's a pro himself he's only a HW and hasn't had too much experience coaching larger guys.

I compare myself in size to someone like martin Fitzwater. I'm around 5'7-5-8 and should be roughly 245 on stage this time around

Anyway again just more so looking for "what did you personally do in the last few days of prep and how did it go" type of thread rather than everyone trying to guess my situation.

Talk to your coach about it , ask why and how

It could be that he want to get you very depleted to that he can add more carbs than normal to fill you out without spilling over.

There are many different ways to peak for a show , some are very extreme , some literally don't change at all , just add a little carbs and cut water Fri night.

Most of it depends on your condition ,if you are not stage ready a week out then he might be trying to do some crazy manipulation or something. If you are stage ready a week out then you shouldn't have to change much

I’m a super but I cut my carbs to damn near zero the last few weeks as it’s the only way I can get that last bit of sticky fat and fluid off. The last 2-4 weeks I look awful. Very flat, no pop, strength dips, but I know it’s all a process and the last few days of carb up i explode and look like I’m supposed too. I am an extreme endomorph..

I know I have to get flat and miserable to achieve the look I want. So much so that the last 4 weeks of pictures I don’t even look at. My wife takes them and emails them for me. If I look at them I will start trying to change stuff up. I just put my head down and stay the course. If you feel like you are on the back burner address it. Coach my have some words of wisdom for you.

Anyway again just more so looking for "what did you personally do in the last few days of prep and how did it go" type of thread rather than everyone trying to guess my situation.
So you'd rather sift through what others have done and see how it can apply to your situation rather than give us pictures and specifics on what you've been doing so we can give you tailored guidance? That makes no sense.

But that's what you want so here goes. I don't compete but I do diet down to 5% every year. I go 0 carbs Monday through Friday and eat pretty much whatever on the weekend - it's a deplete hard / load hard strategy. Being 6' with long arms and legs I get stringy towards the end of a diet and it usually takes a few weeks of eating big to really fill back out. Most guys who compete and diet like this aim to be stage-lean a few weeks out from the show then eat up into it so they come in pretty full.

You're saying 350-400g carbs it too low for you at this point so you're either going on stage at 280+ or you've got some serious PEDs in play. Looking small and soft is part of it - you have to get flat to get shredded.

Again, the experiences of others are going to be of minimal assistance because bodies vary so wildly under extreme conditions like this. There are a few of us here who are lean SHWs who have good eyes for this and could give you better advice if you'd post pictures, PED protocols, diet through the week, cardio, etc.

‘Looking for feedback from you guys on where I should go from here’

Provides zero pics to provide feedback on whether he has prep goggles or what’s going on

Hilarious thread. I don’t know a single bodybuilder who doesn’t take a ton of pics throughout prep as the drugs turn them into narcissistic self-centered humans.

So you'd rather sift through what others have done and see how it can apply to your situation rather than give us pictures and specifics on what you've been doing so we can give you tailored guidance? That makes no sense.

But that's what you want so here goes. I don't compete but I do diet down to 5% every year. I go 0 carbs Monday through Friday and eat pretty much whatever on the weekend - it's a deplete hard / load hard strategy. Being 6' with long arms and legs I get stringy towards the end of a diet and it usually takes a few weeks of eating big to really fill back out. Most guys who compete and diet like this aim to be stage-lean a few weeks out from the show then eat up into it so they come in pretty full.

You're saying 350-400g carbs it too low for you at this point so you're either going on stage at 280+ or you've got some serious PEDs in play. Looking small and soft is part of it - you have to get flat to get shredded.

Again, the experiences of others are going to be of minimal assistance because bodies vary so wildly under extreme conditions like this. There are a few of us here who are lean SHWs who have good eyes for this and could give you better advice if you'd post pictures, PED protocols, diet through the week, cardio, etc.
7g of aas, t3, clen, very high gh, slin fast and slow etc. Appreciate your experience, thanks for sharing!

Provides zero pics to provide feedback on whether he has prep goggles or what’s going on

Hilarious thread. I don’t know a single bodybuilder who doesn’t take a ton of pics throughout prep as the drugs turn them into narcissistic self-centered humans.
I have pretty severe dysmorphia. At the stage where im comparing myself to top level pros and wondering what they are doing that im not. I totally get what you are saying. It sounds stupid. I posted pics this time last year in the pics thread of my prep then, was about 7-8kg lighter. This time around I havent taken a single photo during prep, actually i have taken a couple and deleted them straight away because i thought i looked terrible.

I have pretty severe dysmorphia. At the stage where im comparing myself to top level pros and wondering what they are doing that im not. I totally get what you are saying. It sounds stupid. I posted pics this time last year in the pics thread of my prep then, was about 7-8kg lighter. This time around I havent taken a single photo during prep, actually i have taken a couple and deleted them straight away because i thought i looked terrible.
If the dysmorphia is that bad you have the answer right there

Just shut your brain off and follow the plan. If it doesn’t work and you’ve actually followed completely and given your coach time to figure out your body, find a new coach for next show

Nobody with a brain should be using and admitting to having all the stuff this forum exists for and then posting pics. As I've said 100 times it's BEGGING the pigs to single you out. If you live in England or something and want to post pics that's a different story.

I ALWAYS think I look terrible. Pretty much. If you have a coach at least you have one up on me, I'd try really hard to follow the plan and just do it that way and see what the outcome is. Also, from another endomorph, your carbs are not low. At all.

Nobody with a brain should be using and admitting to having all the stuff this forum exists for and then posting pics. As I've said 100 times it's BEGGING the pigs to single you out. If you live in England or something and want to post pics that's a different story.
Yes, I’ve seen you try to make this point many times. I’m still waiting to hear a story of someone getting busted for (personal use of steroids? I don’t even know) because of forum posts on the internet that they traced back to them solely using pictures. Boards have been around 20+ years and I haven’t heard of any stories like that. I’ve read your paranoid posts. You do you.

But if you want help with your look you need to provide pictures of your look. It’s just that simple.

yup, all those cops that are digging through the internet trying to catch those gym bros running 500 test red-handed. they'll catch em one day.

Literally don't have a single one. Pics shouldn't stop people sharing their own experiences though which is what I'm most interested in
Main reason is you might not look the way you think. Your mind at end plays tricks on you. Who doesn't take progress pictures anyways with a coach?

Main reason is you might not look the way you think. Your mind at end plays tricks on you. Who doesn't take progress pictures anyways with a coach?
Good point, unless it's all in person. I still won't advocate posting them regardless

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear