over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

LBA's effects on drying out for a show?

Gunsmith

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I was wondering if any of you guys or galls use LBA's the last couple days or even the day of the show to keep muscles full?

in my simple mind it seems like the glycerin would allow the muscle to stay full if you dropped your water to much or somthing like that?

I was thinking that taking in a couple ounces LBA's with you little bit of water during the night before a show with your carbs rather than eating fish or chicken would allow you to keep muscles full with protein and carbs yet not get any stomach distention or anything like that??

When I first started competing (back in the ANBC) there were quite a few guys I met that used glycerol the morning of the comp to stay full and dry. I'm pretty sure LBA could be used in a similar manner. I'm thinking maybe use on the morning of the show, after water is dropped the night before.

Last edited:
When I first started competing (back in the ANBC) there were quite a few guys I met that used glycerol the morning of the comp to stay full. I'm pretty sure LBA could be used in a similar manner. Not sure of the protocol though.

I know I certainly feel like my muscles are more full especially if I'm doing a no carb diet , much better pumps and veins.
I'm just not sure how it would affect the drying out of a carb load.
I was thinking that using the LBA's as my protein source with simple carbs would work and keep the volume of food down so their is less stomach bloating.

I'm gonna do a practice show in about 6 weeks and I'll probably start testing differant carb loads for the target show

I used them for my last prep all the way up to the day of the show. I can't really say I noticed any difference in fullness compared to not using them. That being said, I did like using them to diet with.

so even though they have some carbs in them, are they totally ok to have during a contest preparation?

so even though they have some carbs in them, are they totally ok to have during a contest preparation?

the carbs Re from the glycerin and are said to have no moe effect on blood glucose than the actual protein , I'm planning to test that just can't remember to get any more strips for my meter

I used LBAs for both of my shows, morning of... Seemed to work good for fullness/dryness... Although the second show, I fucked up using diuretics and pulled too much off of me... Flattened out by Prejudging.

They're not really carbs, they're glycerol. It's different. They won't effect BG like carbs will, but the FDA require's you list them as such because they don't have there own category. I think they're great to use for dieting.

They're not really carbs, they're glycerol. It's different. They won't effect BG like carbs will, but the FDA require's you list them as such because they don't have there own category. I think they're great to use for dieting.

Hmmm...good to know for future. I use LBAs as my primary protein shake...but I swapped it out for a lower carb protein shake leading up to the show....and a protein bar when I dropped cut out water.

I used LBA's exclusively for my show prep last year, and came out looking far better than I ever have. For me it was a 1-2 punch, because they killed my cravings, but also gave me great fullness, vascularity, as well as kept overall volume in my stomach down, which aided me in my first big NPC win.... Not to mention you can bring a bottle with you EVERYWHERE and just throw down a few gulps instead of playing around with shakers and whatnot. IMO that was huge.

I just started using them this week and I gotta say that I've never had anything that was good for me that tasted this good! I have them in chocolate and it taste just like chocolate syrup.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws