over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

leg abductor/adductor machine

Chuckblonde

Registered
Who uses them? I started doing them at the end of my leg workouts about a month ago and it seems to have helped my squat a bit as well as leg/glute development. My training partners refuse to do them sayin:"my girlfriend does those."

rare occasion i'll use it.....impossible not to get arroused one....can't imagine how many girls are getting wet in a day on it :eek::eek::eek:

DC and Phil both like the machine [have you ever seen Phils' inner thighs.....? just sick]..........I have seen Dante really fill guys legs out with a few trick he uses with that machine......do 1 and halfs a couple hard high reps sets at the end of legs .......progressively get stronger and watch the results......

A big fan of these machines

These are a staple of my leg routine. I always do these first, if anything they loosen me up but I always make them burn.

I do two sets of each at the end of my leg workouts. Seems to have brought out some detail in my legs (specifically my inner thighs and my glutes) that I've never seen until this year.

Thanks for the post

I have a cybex adductor machine in my basement from the gym I used to own. I have read they can really help with your squat, particullarly if your knees move closer together as you come up with the weight.

But I have never used it. Maybe I'll try it out for a few months. Maybe not. But I know I should.

I have a cybex adductor machine in my basement from the gym I used to own. I have read they can really help with your squat, particullarly if your knees move closer together as you come up with the weight.

But I have never used it. Maybe I'll try it out for a few months. Maybe not. But I know I should.

Thats exactly what it did for me, my knees would come closer together as I came up. I think the abduction helped solve that also because I always feel it working my upper glutes as well as the hip flexors/adductors.

Last edited:
I use the one the one that works your inner thighs. It strengthens them so that when you are exploding upwards on squats, your legs don't shake as much. My inner thighs have grown quite a bit since I started training them a year ago. As far as rep ranges go, I'll do anywhere from 6 to 25 reps, using light weight or the entire stack plus a 45 pound plate.

I love doing them at the end.

Unfortunately the gym where I do most of my training at has a garbage Life Fitness machine where even the entire 110kg stack feels light compared to another gym I go to that has a Strive machine where even 1/3rd of the way down at 68kg is pretty difficult.

I remember I used them during my contest prep and got good results on my inner thighs. Haven't done em ever since, ditched them as a girly exercise.
But thinking of what they gave me, I feel like I wanna start incorporating them into my routine starting tomorrow :)

I use them to warm up for squats and leg press workouts. The older I get, the more "diversified" I get in my training.

Love them...definitely helps give the leg a more full and round appearance as well as just giving that illusion that your leg is bigger by filling in the "gap." I have done them both DC style after hams and prior to quad work as well as at the end of my workout on a move volume style approach. I feel that they are certainly a staple exercise.

I use them every other leg training day.

great warmup I use it first with ext as a warm up..250 lbs- 25 reps 2 sets..people look at you funny but we have those muscles too..

gotta give credit where credit is due...
phil put me on to this exercise (abductor... it's the one where you push out, right?) about 3 and a half years ago...
I had no ass to speak of at that time... seriously... very bad combination when you have your main fat deposit area in your lower back and you have no ass whatsoever...
now it's a staple in my leg workout, along with db lunges... hell, now i have a big ass! i'm serious! LOL... wifey loves it :D

gotta give credit where credit is due...
phil put me on to this exercise (abductor... it's the one where you push out, right?) about 3 and a half years ago...
I had no ass to speak of at that time... seriously... very bad combination when you have your main fat deposit area in your lower back and you have no ass whatsoever...
now it's a staple in my leg workout, along with db lunges... hell, now i have a big ass! i'm serious! LOL... wifey loves it :D

Yeah, I think the abductor machine is important and Phil turned me onto that as well. The adductor machine though IMO is not needed and for me would have been a waste of time since my inner thighs were the biggest part of my leg and they got that way from squating fairly wide and deep.

BTW, I was a Latin nerd in high school and had to take a semester in college. I remember that the latin root comes from duco, ducere - to draw. The prefixes are ab- away from, and ad- to. So to abduct is to draw away and to adduct is to draw to the body.

My squat has gone up dramatically ever since I started using these machines... I normally do work on them after my heavy leg work, and sometimes hit them up a little bit on an off day. As long as its not right before or after leg day

rare occasion i'll use it.....impossible not to get arroused one....can't imagine how many girls are getting wet in a day on it :eek::eek::eek:

You and I think alike. OP I also do them but I gotta say I'm the only heterosexual guy in my gym who does.

Staff online

• Bio
  • pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrcivic