over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Leg Training at Home Question

drwost

Registered
Due to life changes, I can't get to a gym so Im training at home. I have started following BigA routine however, all I have is a Power Rack and weights. I am doing squats as my primary, followed by stiff leg deads. but what do you all suggest since I can't do leg presses or extensions? Add a set of lunges? or front Squats?

Due to life changes, I can't get to a gym so Im training at home. I have started following BigA routine however, all I have is a Power Rack and weights. I am doing squats as my primary, followed by stiff leg deads. but what do you all suggest since I can't do leg presses or extensions? Add a set of lunges? or front Squats?
try walking lunges down your driveway!!

You can also vary yuor stance, do partials - both from the pins and off the bottom, do box squats of varying heights and stances, sumo and conventional deadlifts, rack pulls from varying heights, vary the reps/number of sets/weight/speed/time between sets, use chains and/or bands to increase resistance at the top of the movement, do Zercher squats, drag a sled in varying ways...

Just a few ideas...

My neighbors would get a kick seeing me up and down the driveway doing lunges!

Thanks for the input
I do a conventional squat...followed with a lunge and then a wide or narrow stance squat then stiff legs

If you are doing Squats properly thats all u need .

If you are doing Squats properly thats all u need .

Actually, no.

Yuo'll get stale, fail to make progress after a point, and increase the risk of pattern overload (similar to a repetitive stres type problem).

Variety will keep yuo adapting continuously - check out some of the Eastern Bloc and Soviet ideas on Conjugate Training.

If your steps inside your house are wide enough, try going up and down your steps with a bar behind the neck. IF not buy yourself a nice large back pack. Fill it with a set amount of weights. Then starting in the basement walk up the steps, then go up your primary steps of the house until you get to the second floor. Turn around and go back down to the basement.

Pause 40 seconds and repeat for 3 to 4 sets. Your legs will surely be on fire. When you get used to this, add a little more weight inside the bag. I have some clients that have little money for gyms and weights and I do this exact thing with them. Only I use the 5lb bags of sugar or flour and pack their back packs like this. Or start off by using 2 gallons of water, one in each hand, as you do the stairs, BUT now for a great shoulder workout included as you go up the steps press the gallons over your head with every other step.

2 sets up and down and your legs, shoulders and heart will be pounding.(good cardio w/o also) Anything else just pm me bro.

Actually, no.

Yuo'll get stale, fail to make progress after a point, and increase the risk of pattern overload (similar to a repetitive stres type problem).

Variety will keep yuo adapting continuously - check out some of the Eastern Bloc and Soviet ideas on Conjugate Training.

this is what I was afraid of...will look up those other techniques..thanx

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
jd08
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner