Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Never mind. Tried to upload a video. Wouldn’t work

heavyhitter

Featured Member / Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
For those without a tib machine at your gym...this is how I do mine and I love them. Blows up my lower legs

Attachments

• DC5FAC1A-CE63-4B1F-A861-F139A645A31C.jpeg
    DC5FAC1A-CE63-4B1F-A861-F139A645A31C.jpeg
    163.3 KB · Views: 32

doudodat

Newbies
It's genetics.
Raced bicycles, trained the crap out of them for years...Low reps-high reps. Is what it is....Sad story

alfresco

Featured Member / Kilo Klub Member
Featured Member
Registered
Two to three times a week, flat footed, no stretch. 20 to 50 reps, hold at top about 3 sec. Last foto taken 3 months ago on vacation, not trained in 6 weeks. Not much I know but better than nothing . . .

Attachments

• 4E33614F-F09B-4EEB-93F9-558E4521F0BC.jpeg
    4E33614F-F09B-4EEB-93F9-558E4521F0BC.jpeg
    97.2 KB · Views: 23
  • 17F1D1B3-C208-4F0F-95C6-81B1E54AAB68.jpeg
    17F1D1B3-C208-4F0F-95C6-81B1E54AAB68.jpeg
    127.8 KB · Views: 24

maldorf

Featured Member
Registered
Two to three times a week, flat footed, no stretch. 20 to 50 reps, hold at top about 3 sec. Last foto taken 3 months ago on vacation, not trained in 6 weeks. Not much I know but better than nothing . . .
Man, is the rest of you that lean? Looks great.

Dens228

Verified Customer / Kilo Klub
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
One set?
I do calves first on leg day, one workout is seated, the other is on the leg press. What I do depends entirely on my mood.
It may be DC style rest pause, it may be DC style hold the stretch, it may be one set of 50 or so reps........
My calves aren't huge but they've come a long way from being skin stretched over bone.

bornonthebayou

Registered
Newbies
dc had a great calf protocol..the biggest thing for me, i do calves multiple times a week and 3-4 lifts per session.. One day it clicked in my head that i would never expect my arms to grow from only one movement a week.So, i cant expect my calves to grow with that same formula.

buck

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
It is so rare to see someone doing any calf training correctly IMO. Standing calf raises are rarely done in my gyms. Seated with a little to a lot of weight with a stretch and a little 1inch or so bounce is the norm, when they are not on their phone. I trained calves like most any other body part. Low -high reps with as much weight as i could. Granted in my younger days i was a dumbass training them like many are. But i tightened things up and made sure to get up on my toes/balls of my feet to actually get a full contraction. Getting a stretch is good, a full contraction is better. I am an old man now and my calves are down to 17.5 inches, but at 5' 6" they look OK. I pretty much have given up on seated calf raises. As after using them a lot over the decades i don't think they ever did much for me. Some of the new donkey calf raise machines are cool along with the hammer strength. I have mostly used the leg press and standing raises over the years

alfresco

Featured Member / Kilo Klub Member
Featured Member
Registered
One set?
I do calves first on leg day, one workout is seated, the other is on the leg press. What I do depends entirely on my mood.
It may be DC style rest pause, it may be DC style hold the stretch, it may be one set of 50 or so reps........
My calves aren't huge but they've come a long way from being skin stretched over bone.
Thanks for the likes.

It’s all camera angle, trust me.

I do them on a Smith machine, flat footed or on a leg press machine or sometimes seated (rare).

My option is that the ‘stretch’ is highly overrated. My calves have improved more since I started doing them flat footed and holding the contracted position as high as I can, on my ‘tippy toes‘.

I usually train them two to three times a week, after legs and part of a full body routine. I do 2 - 3 sets of 20 - 50 reps.

heavyhitter

Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
dc had a great calf protocol..the biggest thing for me, i do calves multiple times a week and 3-4 lifts per session.. One day it clicked in my head that i would never expect my arms to grow from only one movement a week.So, i cant expect my calves to grow with that same formula.
I do claves 3-4 times weekly. I do 3 sets of 20 with a 5 second hold in the stretch position and I work towards progressive resistance on these. They hurt like absolute hell. And I superset each set with a set of 20 band tibia raises

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Scorpyd