over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Lifting belt during all lifts?

I only use it during heavy back and squats to help protect an umbilical hernia.

This is the boat im in... Minor umbilical hernia so i started wearing it to keep from pushing out and i hafta say, its helped me become alot more aware of tightening my core even wen i take it back off. Lower back strain is feeling much Better too.

During prep I use it every workout to keep my core warm and to keep me in some sort of vacuum. I also measure my progress by how many belt holes I can tighten. I go from 2 off season to 5 in shape. It's fun.

I use mine only when going over 315 on squats or if I am doing squat 225 x 30 and when doing Over head Press above 135 nothing else ....

This is the boat im in... Minor umbilical hernia so i started wearing it to keep from pushing out and i hafta say, its helped me become alot more aware of tightening my core even wen i take it back off. Lower back strain is feeling much Better too.

I'm having my hernia repaired next week :( I figured no one wore it as a waist trimmer. I'm in the same boat- I use it only for super heavy squats and deadlifts.

The only people I see doing this are over weight gym rats who use them to hold In their big ass guts. Zero need for it.

Yea well guess im one of those guys, I'm 295lbs with a 33' waist.. And i could still have 4-5more inches to lose on my waist if I was contest ready.

I wear my belt the entire time on every workout everyday. I have big secrets behind it and if anyone says im wrong then I guess Joe Wieder was wrong to.. But there are some trainings and exercises that I do not wear a belt for purposely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yea well guess im one of those guys, I'm 295lbs with a 33' waist.. And i could still have 4-5more inches to lose on my waist if I was contest ready.

I wear my belt the entire time on every workout everyday. I have big secrets behind it and if anyone says im wrong then I guess Joe Wieder was wrong to.. But there are some trainings and exercises that I do not wear a belt for purposely.

And these secrets are...?

And these secrets are...?

It's common sense in a way, anyone ever seen how a girl wears a corset all the time and trains her waist into the shape of how the corset is.. Same thing a belt does.. Every workout you do you are building core muscle over time that in term makes your permanent waist size very large, by constructing a certain area of your waist from expanding during these workouts your causing your waist to be trained to match the size that you have the belt on. Joe Wieder said this to Ronnie Coleman an Jay cutler but only Ronnie actually did it exactly and look how small his waist was from his upper belly, almost looked fake.. That's cause he trained that area not to grow by constricting its expansion when it contracted

It's common sense in a way, anyone ever seen how a girl wears a corset all the time and trains her waist into the shape of how the corset is.. Same thing a belt does.. Every workout you do you are building core muscle over time that in term makes your permanent waist size very large, by constructing a certain area of your waist from expanding during these workouts your causing your waist to be trained to match the size that you have the belt on. Joe Wieder said this to Ronnie Coleman an Jay cutler but only Ronnie actually did it exactly and look how small his waist was from his upper belly, almost looked fake.. That's cause he trained that area not to grow by constricting its expansion when it contracted

U beat me to it big man . I came to this thread thinking to post same Ronnie- weider example lol.

I read this good many years ago. I think it was when Ronnie had 2 'O' wins and he started noticing his waist expending & he got worried and called up weider and asked for his advice and he told him two thing don't overeat to the point your stretching your stomach. I don't care if u have to eat every hour to get big, u better do that but don't overeat leading to stretched stomach.

second weider tip was to wear tight nice belt on ALL lifts . that's why you see Ronnie wearing belt even doing unilateral dumbell movements or anything for that matter. Joe's idea was just do not stretch that damn stomach lol. don't force visceral organs to push against stomach wall stretching and what not .

Now some people might call it bro science but then this reminds of another thing which Aceto said and I qoute...

''If I had an option to sit and talk bb with 3 phds exercise physiologist and nutrition PhD like Layne Norton or to sit and talk shop with weider or sameer bannout , I would love to pick to chat and listen for hours with weider and bannout !!lol

So having said all that ....

I am going to go and listen to who aceto would prefer to listen to :cool:;)

I have been following Joe's advice since the day I read it . my trusted shiek 2004 model stays with me always. Little loose little tighter but from start to finish on me . with nice big flap in front trimmed at sides and tapered at the back supporting the natural lumbar spine extension does me great. Keep stomach nicely pulled in. I always feel the proprioception to keep stomach (TVA) pulled it because of it and not let it loose . I am 5'8'' so 2004 model does me fine taller people mostly need model 2006.

My 0.2 gents .

Last edited:
U beat me to it big man . I came to this thread thinking to post same Ronnie- weider example lol.

I read this good many years ago. I think it was when Ronnie had 2 'O' wins and he started noticing his waist expending & he got worried and called up weider and asked for his advice and he told him two thing don't overeat to the point your stretching your stomach. I don't care if u have to eat every hour to get big, u better do that but don't overeat leading to stretched stomach.

second weider tip was to wear tight nice belt on ALL lifts . that's why you see Ronnie wearing belt even doing unilateral dumbell movements or anything for that matter. Joe's idea was just do not stretch that damn stomach lol. don't force visceral organs to push against stomach wall stretching and what not .

Now some people might call it bro science but then this reminds of another thing which Aceto said and I qoute...

''If I had an option to sit and talk bb with 3 phds exercise physiologist and nutrition PhD like Layne Norton or to sit and talk shop with weider or sameer bannout , I would love to pick to chat and listen for hours with weider and bannout !!lol

So having said all that ....

I am going to go and listen to who aceto would prefer to listen to :cool:;)

I have been following Joe's advice since the day I read it . my trusted shiek 2004 model stays with me always. Little loose little tighter but from start to finish on me . with nice big flap in front trimmed at sides and tapered at the back supporting the natural lumbar spine extension does me great. Keep stomach nicely pulled in. I always feel the proprioception to keep stomach (TVA) pulled it because of it and not let it loose . I am 5'8'' so 2004 model does me fine taller people mostly need model 2006.

My 0.2 gents .

Shiek is good, however the Velcro breaks apart Brett easily, but it's perfect cause it doesn't become so tight you can't functioning like if you were maxing on a squat how you would have your belt and because it doesn't do that it doesn't really weaken the core or anything.. I like my good ol 70s belt I got from a monster when I was a kid, he told me he thought id be mr o one day and gave me his belt and said "your gonna need this on your journey" it's and old nice leather belt from 70s ... But I have a shiek too but my Velcro ripped off from using the shit out of it lol

Shiek is good, however the Velcro breaks apart Brett easily, but it's perfect cause it doesn't become so tight you can't functioning like if you were maxing on a squat how you would have your belt and because it doesn't do that it doesn't really weaken the core or anything.. I like my good ol 70s belt I got from a monster when I was a kid, he told me he thought id be mr o one day and gave me his belt and said "your gonna need this on your journey" it's and old nice leather belt from 70s ... But I have a shiek too but my Velcro ripped off from using the shit out of it lol

Shit I used a golds gym Walmart belt from the time I was 17 to 22.

I bought my first inzer a few years back and I love it. It's super thick feels like the Incredible Hulk is just grabbing my midsection keeping it tight.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    117.2 KB · Views: 156

I bought my first inzer a few years back and I love it. It's super thick feels like the Incredible Hulk is just grabbing my midsection keeping it tight.

Hell yea, im a grab my belt and take s pic to show yall, it's my pride and joy!

Wear My Belt 24/7 Every workout every lift. Keeps My waist tiny. Mitch Staats the 212 bodybuilder says he does the same thing. He said he wont even train if he cant wear a belt on all lifts.

Belts help keep the waist small.

Intra-abdominal pressure is a significant risk factor in training-induced waist expansion, as it causes the transverse abdominis to stretch out and eventually lose its natural contours. The end result in distension. Wearing a belt prevents this.

Any bodybuilder who wants to keep his waist as small as possible (which should be every bodybuilder) should wear a belt on every exercise that increases intra-abdominal pressure, which is most.

Last edited:
Great info everyone. I knew this years ago but still never bothered. As a result I have quite a lot of distension. It's from over eating in one sitting and abdominal pressure whilst training. Although this can still be fixed so I will be getting a belt, changing the way I eat and including some vacuum poses etc.

Interesting feedback. I've been an advocate of belt use since I started training and started watching the big guys at my gym. They generally followed the rule if the set will go to failure below 10 reps than a best is needed. I can see the idea behind it though, less stress means less necessity to develop the abdominal walls, hence a smaller waist.

To anyone who wears their belts continuously in the gym, do you also make use of doing vacuums? I really feel that it has helped me maintain a smaller waist even with the fact I do not have a strict diet.

I want a Cardillo. They're comfortable enough to keep on
I have a big ass sheik one like pictured. Double prong. Couldn't endure it for a full workout. Plus. Looks odd. Lol

I only use it during heavier sqauts, lunges, dead lifts, or good mornings... Again, when I'm going heavy. Not during warm up and all that.

Good morning might be the only thing that if you haven't done before id use it even during the warm up.

Some people wear a belt during leg press and idk how they can even fucking breath

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Great info everyone. I knew this years ago but still never bothered. As a result I have quite a lot of distension. It's from over eating in one sitting and abdominal pressure whilst training. Although this can still be fixed so I will be getting a belt, changing the way I eat and including some vacuum poses etc.

Mate get schiek 2006 model not 2004 ya. Because your lumbo-sacral region is bigger then someone like me at 5'8'' as you r taller . so you need bigger at the back and little larger flap compare to my 2004 model in front to push stomach in. Dont worry its slim tapered not at the sides which is brilliant you feel support where u need it and at the side/ ribs its minimal. Best product John schiek ever invented. Most tall guys wear 2006 model eg like Simon panda

I never user a belt at all now and my back feels better than ever. Shrugged 572lb today no belt and back feels great. The belt at gym has gone missing and I havnt got around to buying a new one yet. Don't think I'm going to bother either

I wear a belt everyday. I started weight training in the 70's everyone wore a belt. I.stopped wearing a belt for a couple years and I swear my waist got wider, obliques got thicker. I compete and I don't desire any oblique activation.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
mvdds
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws