advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Live your dreams, but dont forget the ones that love you !!!

chris250

Featured Member/ Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
I've noticed as of late alot of younger guys, saying they want to grow big as possiable and turn pro...Well, that is great and all, I say live your dream...But dont forget about the one's that love you and need you each day...Bodybuilding is a selffish sport, it really is...At one time the only thing I did care about was trying to get huge, and have the size to compete in a national stage...It overtook everything, I had and it was hard to see anything else out there...But, as you get older and your maybe not where you thought you where you should be...Then maybe, just maybe you need to take a step back and relook at things...What have you done in your life, who have you lost, how many good paying jobs you turned down so you could focus on training...

All Im really saying is take a look around...As each year passes by, take a look at the past year, and see where your at, bodybuilding wise, family wise, and job/school wise...If you are putting family and work/school in second and thrid ...Then maybe you should rethink how you focus on life and think for a moment who is really suffering...

Just something for the younger guys to think about, and maybe even some of the vets...You guys know im still going for that pro card, and maybe, just maybe one day I might get it (probably at Master 50 and over Nationals..LOL) But you know what ? I have everything in life I ever really need...A beutiful wife, and daughter...and good paying job (again) !!! A great family, and real friends, who would do anything to see me be sucessful...(real true friends, not ones that act like there your friends and talk crap behind your back)...

Life is about living your dreams !!! But please dont forget about living your life and remember the ones that help you live your dreams...Becasue when its all said and done with....What do you really have left ???

chris

couldnt agree more

Chris, great post. Did a few shows when I was young but after my 1st child was born I put BBing on the back burner till they got old enough to understand the sport...I'm back into it, bigger and stronger now and have no regrets waiting.

I've noticed as of late alot of younger guys, saying they want to grow big as possiable and turn pro...Well, that is great and all, I say live your dream...But dont forget about the one's that love you and need you each day...Bodybuilding is a selffish sport, it really is...At one time the only thing I did care about was trying to get huge, and have the size to compete in a national stage...It overtook everything, I had and it was hard to see anything else out there...But, as you get older and your maybe not where you thought you where you should be...Then maybe, just maybe you need to take a step back and relook at things...What have you done in your life, who have you lost, how many good paying jobs you turned down so you could focus on training...

All Im really saying is take a look around...As each year passes by, take a look at the past year, and see where your at, bodybuilding wise, family wise, and job/school wise...If you are putting family and work/school in second and thrid ...Then maybe you should rethink how you focus on life and think for a moment who is really suffering...

Just something for the younger guys to think about, and maybe even some of the vets...You guys know im still going for that pro card, and maybe, just maybe one day I might get it (probably at Master 50 and over Nationals..LOL) But you know what ? I have everything in life I ever really need...A beutiful wife, and daughter...and good paying job (again) !!! A great family, and real friends, who would do anything to see me be sucessful...(real true friends, not ones that act like there your friends and talk crap behind your back)...

Life is about living your dreams !!! But please dont forget about living your life and remember the ones that help you live your dreams...Becasue when its all said and done with....What do you really have left ???

chris

Great Post Bro

That goes for lots of individual aspiring to do certain things., not only bodybuilding. I know people who think they are going to be the next UFC super star and been training over 5-7 years without a pro fight. I have one real year MMA training and could kick their ass, granted I wrestled for 10 years had something to do with it . I have friends who been producing music for 15 years and think they will be the next big hip hop star or rapper, with nothing on the radio even locally. People I know who been playing in these local amateur football and basketball leagues since they left college and now in early 30’s who still think they will make the pros.

nice post Chris, very true. I luckily figured this out at a young age. I wasted a few years when I shouldve been out partying and being a kid without responsibilities. I love lifting weights, and I still pursue gaining weight. But relationships and living a full fun life have my top priority these days. To each his own

I agree

It is sad to see all these guys that are severly genetically inferior taking all of these drugs and looking for "secrets" and carb cut off times and protein grams per hour and differnt angle exercises........it ( their muscle mass) it their sole life persuit...............some would rather die then be "small". It is a sickness......an insecurity....a need to fit into society and be "somebody"......why cant we just be happy with how we were born? Wouldnt that be NICE? All would just be HAPPY and ACCEPT THE WAY WE ARE? We waste so much of our lives trying to CHANGE OURSELVES with drugs, surgeries, etc............who here on this site can REALLY say that they NEVER TOOK A DRUG.........and have their job, family and training goals in perspective........STAND UP , lets hear your story for inspiration.

Chris, so very true. I am proud to say I have gotten to know you on a couple of boards. And to see someone as dedicated as you, and your family to lifestyle of bodybuilding/fitness, that is so well grounded, you make us proud. Common sense, and being an honest a good person is all we can strive for, and you got that down. Now, its just time to stay focused for your show. Bring your best, and you will do very well. Wishing you continued health, happiness, and success on the tournament trail, and in your professional life. Best regards.

Big JC

Chris...thank you for posting...and it is so true. Great follow up post by Phil.

Those who've been around long enough or are mature are enough will embrace the message and nod with affirmation...others will argue the point and defend their position, as I've read in countless posts when the experts have told them they should lower their expectations.

But as you said...live your dream baby!

The older I get the more I appreciate the simple cliche:

"Everything in moderation".

Yes, true glory, mega riches, world records, and yes, Sandows are found at the extreme ends of the curve, three to five standard deviations away from the "average". However, exteme failure is the flip side to that "risk it all" mentality and occurs with greater frequency.

I feel in many ways top level bodybuilding should appeal to the same people who play scratch off lottery tickets, those with poor math skills. Luckily many of us live in a bodybuilding "Lake Woebegone" where all the children are "above average". :)

some would rather die then be "small". It is a sickness...

It really is.

That was a good post, Chris.

BUT for all those among us aware of the negative impact of BB in their lives, how many are really ABLE to act and change their way of life for a more balanced/richer existence?

To acknowledge one's failure is one thing, to remedy it is a whole different story... lots of mental strenght it takes.

BB is a worse than heroin in terms of addiction. And yes, I fully realize what I just wrote... :cool:

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131