advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

How much of a difference did you see when you ate 6-8 smaller meals per day vs 4 or so large ones but same macros/calories/etc?

Attention, personal amusement, boredom, loneliness.

They exert traits of psychopathy, machiavellianism, narcissism and sadism.

They need to get out more.
Spot on. It's classic attention seeking behavior. The goal is to gain attention. The best way to deal with these people in real life is to ignore them, then they will spend their efforts accessing attention else where. Think gym, the chatty dudes, give them no attention they eventually leave you alone. Evan a hello opens the door and they view you as someone who will give them what they want

Assuming that your daily food consumption isn't crazy high, less meals may be better both for anabolism and health. Intermittent bolus feeding has been associated as a more physiological release pattern of gastrointestinal tract hormones and enhances protein accretion .
Contrary to common practice, the provision of protein/amino acids as a continuous administrationi significantly limits protein synthesis whereas intermittent feeding maximally stimulates skeletal muscle synthesis. In addition to its adverse effects on skeletal muscle synthesis, continuous feeding is unphysiological and has adverse effects on glucose and lipid metabolism and gastrointestinal function.
Muscles are receptive to the anabolic effects of dietary protein, and in particular the EAA leucine, for only a short period (i.e. about 2–3 h) in the rested state. Thereafter, MPS exhibits tachyphylaxis despite continued EAA availability. Muscles are receptive to the anabolic effects of dietary protein, and in particular the EAA leucine, for only a short period (i.e. about 2–3 h). Thereafter, MPS exhibits tachyphylaxis despite continued EAA availability and sustained mechanistic target of rapamycin complex 1 signalling. The most notable characteristic of this ‘muscle full’ phenomenon is that it cannot be overcome by proximal intake of additional nutrient signals/substrates regulating MPS; meaning a refractory period exists before a next stimulation is possible.
Interesting, this is the opposite of what I've always read, that more frequent meals are more ideal for building or maintaining muscle. Example I eat 2 meals on off days 6 and 10 pm, always thought it would be more ideal if I split them up aka not use if.

I don't know why would you go around public forums telling your story and personal info to people you don't know and never met before. And what does that story have to do with your meal frequency lol
I recently received a medical MMJ card and was was hitting my vape pen when I posted that. Normally I would have ignored it.

While giving the digestive system time off has benefits. I am not sure if that applies when it is taking longer to digest bigger meals. I am just guessing but i would think everything being the same the amount of time and work would be the same. From a personal standpoint if feel better eating smeller meals as being very full sucks for me. Staying full all the time to grow is not fun.

Bigger and fewer meals works better for me. Even with 6+ meals i would get hungry in between the meals because they were small. Also eating fewer just makes life easier... less stress .. better :)

Wait, we have a search bar?!?!

Nobody wants to search for shit. Everyone wants spoon fed confirmation bias doodoo or they actually subconsciously get off on the analysis paralysis.

Maybe I’ve just been in this game for a while but so much of this comes down to trial and error and most things are so specific to the individual.
I am screaming😂😂

While giving the digestive system time off has benefits. I am not sure if that applies when it is taking longer to digest bigger meals. I am just guessing but i would think everything being the same the amount of time and work would be the same. From a personal standpoint if feel better eating smeller meals as being very full sucks for me. Staying full all the time to grow is not fun.
As with many biological reactions, peaks and valleys actually work better. Even insulin release is blunted by constant feeding. Once again, this is obviously pretty much mere utopy when you eat 7K cals a day, but for a more rasonable intake it should be preferred.

As with many biological reactions, peaks and valleys actually work better. Even insulin release is blunted by constant feeding. Once again, this is obviously pretty much mere utopy when you eat 7K cals a day, but for a more rasonable intake it should be preferred.
Well even 4 1000 cal meals vs 6 660 cal meals i am not sure if there is a lot more relief over a 12+ hour period, on the digestive tract as the 4 meals are about 50% larger and would take longer and would still require more work per meal. And 1 meal every 3 hours vs every 2 hours is not a lot of time difference i don't think. Without some data it would just be my opinion. I ate 5 meals a day and 1 protein drink about 4000+ cal a day year round for over 25 years and i felt OK. These days is is 3-4 times a day (2800 cal) and 1 bigger meal in that group shoots my ambition level down for the rest of the day. But i am older and that plays a big factor.

Op try and experiment. If you eat half the amount of protein, and your stomach is satiated then why volumize it further?

eat a smaller amount of protein, an hour later, or when you're hungry again.

Do you see a coupon code anywhere on my profile? What am I pimping?

I have had many opportunities in the fitness industry to sell snake oil over the years to get free gear, supplements, bodybuilding clothing etc but as you can see I’m not into that.

I'm still waiting to hear the secret to all of these "perks". What is this snake oil you speak you?

I'd love to get a bunch of free Zubaz and T. Michael big tops.

Op try and experiment. If you eat half the amount of protein, and your stomach is satiated then why volumize it further?

eat a smaller amount of protein, an hour later, or when you're hungry again.
this is stupid - first of all, you need at least 20g of protein to provide the right amount of leucine secondly, protein also increases insulin levels and frequent insulin spikes are the last thing you want

this is stupid - first of all, you need at least 20g of protein to provide the right amount of leucine secondly, protein also increases insulin levels and frequent insulin spikes are the last thing you want

In some study young people needed 20 grams of protein to max out protein synthesis but older individuals needed 40 grams for the same effect, twice the amount. They call this age related "anabolic resistance." Then there was some study that suggested taking 70 grams at once increased MPS even further. Don't remember the details. But like they say, acute MPS can be pretty meaningless in the big picture.

I think the longer between meals the higher the protein synthesis once you do eat, it all balances out. I bet 4 feedings probably maxes out everything and will work. I remember way back Craig Titus said 4 meals max, "how tiny are their meals if they eat 6-8 times" Lol.

In some study young people needed 20 grams of protein to max out protein synthesis but older individuals needed 40 grams for the same effect, twice the amount. They call this age related "anabolic resistance." Then there was some study that suggested taking 70 grams at once increased MPS even further. Don't remember the details. But like they say, acute MPS can be pretty meaningless in the big picture.

I think the longer between meals the higher the protein synthesis once you do eat, it all balances out. I bet 4 feedings probably maxes out everything and will work. I remember way back Craig Titus said 4 meals max, "how tiny are their meals if they eat 6-8 times" Lol.
I'm wondering how much any of this is relevant when we are talking about BBers that work out intensely 5 days a week on a gram of gear and 3-4 iu GH. We aren't talking about old men of 60+ with diminished hormone levels and irritable bowel syndrome.

I'm wondering how much any of this is relevant when we are talking about BBers that work out intensely 5 days a week on a gram of gear and 3-4 iu GH. We aren't talking about old men of 60+ with diminished hormone levels and irritable bowel syndrome.
Ronnie and many bodybuilders at the turn of the 90's and 00's ate 100g of protein or more per meal and I'm more than sure nothing was wasted.

Ronnie and many bodybuilders at the turn of the 90's and 00's ate 100g of protein or more per meal and I'm more than sure nothing was wasted.
Absolutely. But their body chemistry was literally working at will. Nothing was left doing its natural course.

Absolutely

When I was young and wanted to be as massive as possible, I was doing 8 meals a day, 2 or 3 would be shakes.

Now I have 4 solid meals and 1 or 2 shakes, but I weigh a lot less.

So, if you can eat thousands of calories in 4, 6 or 8 meals, it doesn't matter, but bodybuilders have always eaten a lot of meals every 2 hours, because it's the only way to eat that much.
Straight up..if I have 8 meals are in front of me I’m eating 4 of them right there and just doing shakes the rest of the day..my will power and desire to eat every 2-3 hours is shit

I can definitely see that affecting things, absolutely. But let's say it's a lifelong juicer, already on juice at 20 and still on juice at 60 - the response to anything at 60 will probably be worse. This is probably why the juice "used to be better." It probably wasn't, your body was better.

I can definitely see that affecting things, absolutely. But let's say it's a lifelong juicer, already on juice at 20 and still on juice at 60 - the response to anything at 60 will probably be worse. This is probably why the juice "used to be better." It probably wasn't, your body was better.
Things surely change with age - especially after 50. At 59 I still stay around 15%Bf and my diets has changed drastically. Smaller meals - no more than 5 is what I find to be good for me. Staying under 3,000k calories a day is optimal. Heaviest meal is breakfast. Can’t do the large consumption of protein or carbs I did when I was young. Body feels lethargic and all around a feeling of malaise. Keeping my diet very clean. It seems that a dirty diet affect me greatly. As to lifting, I do one on one off. My lifts are considerably less. I concentrate on the squeeze more than anything. As to a cycle, I stay on TRT doses. Anything more than that my body just does not feel right.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws