over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Looking for a NEW tricep exercise?

B~RAD

Registered
Reverse grip Dumbell floor press. If you haven't tried it out yet, give it a go. Its a nice change up from the traditional barbell reverse grip bench and close grip bench press. My tri's felt TORN up after trying it!

Bruno over at IM has been doing these for a while and likes them. He has some videos of them too if memory serves.

I havent tried them yet but they look interesting for overloading your triceps.

Any links to vids that demonstrate how to do this movement correctly?

Thanks.

Reverse grip Dumbell floor press. If you haven't tried it out yet, give it a go. Its a nice change up from the traditional barbell reverse grip bench and close grip bench press. My tri's felt TORN up after trying it!

Ive done something similar before,,,really works the TRI's hard. Good idea to change up the movements for new growth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtoQRC2HrT4 here is the aforementioned Bruno doing this movement.

Thats the movement. The only suggestion is if you have stronger tri's (im using 70's) you wont be able to just sit them on your lap and lay back like that.

1. put the db's standing up on a bench
2.Put your feet under the bench (the bench is going to be over your pelvis)
3. Reach up and grab the db's to start your set.

Another good tricep exercise i recently added and im liking is dead skulls.. Another DC favorite.. You just do skullcrushers but lay on the floor... I only use 25lb plates or else you stop too high on the movement.. Make sure you rest the weight on the floor for a second, then explode up and control on the way down.. I feel no stress on the elbows and that rest at the bottom feels like i activate different muscle fibers when i try to explode up... I would use a relatively light weight at first to get the feel and groove of the movement, and then progress up in weight...

I love JM Presses. It's a cross between lying tricep extensions and close grip benches. I think there a youtube video on it. I've seen JM work up to 545 for triples on this exercise. Guys at Westside Barbell do it on Max Effort Bench day as well.

Another good tricep exercise i recently added and im liking is dead skulls.. Another DC favorite.. You just do skullcrushers but lay on the floor... I only use 25lb plates or else you stop too high on the movement.. Make sure you rest the weight on the floor for a second, then explode up and control on the way down.. I feel no stress on the elbows and that rest at the bottom feels like i activate different muscle fibers when i try to explode up... I would use a relatively light weight at first to get the feel and groove of the movement, and then progress up in weight...

i'm a fan of these. you're right about not hurting the elbows too

great ideas guys, thanks. I needed another one or two tri exercises. To be honest I feel ZERO tricep in skullcrushers. Close grip and reverse presses are the total opposite. Figures lol

gonna give it a go next workout. Thank you!

I love weighted dips without leaning forward so much where the focus is on the triceps. I can really feel myself finish of each rep by squeezing the contraction hard at the top then the slow negative down.

I rotate in the DC skull crushers as well but I never let the weight come to a complete stop...it's more of a slight touch and go. These I can work up on pretty well but I eventually work up to a point where it puts too much stress on my shoulders and elbows which is when I switch it out....same thing for the JM presses.

I would love to continue hearing other uncommon exercises for triceps that gets into moving some heavy slag because that seems to be one exercise that I run out of rotation options with. I like the standard and reverse grip bench press but my shoulders still seem to get into the equation which I do not like no matter how much I pull my shoulder blades together. Keep it coming!

VT have you tried the bent arm dumbbell pullovers the guys at IM call "PJR Pullovers"?

You can search on youtube that title and see a pretty good example as the first result.

VT have you tried the bent arm dumbbell pullovers the guys at IM call "PJR Pullovers"?

You can search on youtube that title and see a pretty good example as the first result.

I just checked those out, thanks for that. Seems to be a lying version of the french press? However this version seems much more easy on the shoulders as they are supported on the bench.

Scott, have you tried them out? If so were you able to make decent progress with them?

I really wish my gym had one of the Hammer Strengh seated pushdowns for triceps. I tried those at a Golds in Florida once and those really get a burn going and allow you to stay mechanically safe.

I like them a lot, I see them more as a "cheated" triceps extension that won't wreck your elbows. You get a little help from the lats/chest to get going and then it's almost all triceps. The first couple times you will need to get the groove down but once you've got it locked in the weights should climb.

Are you still DC training? If so I would do these 20-30RP at least to start and going down to 15-20(maybe) after a few months with them as the weight increases.

Ive been doing some new things with tris and seems to be working pretty well, ive added weighted dips in and reverse grip bench on smith machine , and im pretty damn sore afterward , and totally feels like my tris are being isolated much better.:D

I like them a lot, I see them more as a "cheated" triceps extension that won't wreck your elbows. You get a little help from the lats/chest to get going and then it's almost all triceps. The first couple times you will need to get the groove down but once you've got it locked in the weights should climb.

Are you still DC training? If so I would do these 20-30RP at least to start and going down to 15-20(maybe) after a few months with them as the weight increases.

Thanks Scott. I will be DC training again in the offseason and just getting some ideas. Right now using some different methods prepping for my first show.

Thanks Scott. I will be DC training again in the offseason and just getting some ideas. Right now using some different methods prepping for my first show. Still using some heavy slag tho ;)

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Spinaltap88
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131