over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Lost a ton of muscle after layoff

anabolicdragon

FOUNDING Member
Registered
Well I resigned from my job as a manager at new york sports club back toward the end of Nov. and i have been working out about twice a at best snce then until the start of this week.
Around mid Dec. I got real sick with a cold and ran into money problems cause they tried to fuck me on unemployment (which now I am finally getting). So between the lay off and barely scraping by on food and shit I lost a TON of strength and msucle. I was so weak yesterday on chest. 225 felt like 315 I BARELY got a 10 I was like WTF? Usually I can roll out of bed a crank out 405 for one or two reps, while off cycle.
So I come home and do my measurements (last time I did them was in Nov).
I lost a inch on my arms and 3 inches on my chest while putting a inch on my wasit.
I am hurting so bad now but I know I can fight through i. Any suggestions on getting back as fast as possible besides the you know what?

Thanks guys

I do think you lost a ton of muscle just that the brain forgot how to recruit the muscle fibers needed (ie muscle memory). I believe you need at least a good 4 months of no training to start any real atrophy (unless your above n beyond natural limit and come off AAs use as well).

I was off for 2 years after serious head injury and I lost about 20 pounds of LBM.

Thanks alot. But damn I don't think the tape measure lies. A inch off my arms? 3 off my chest while adding a inch on the wasit. LOL Thats pretty bad IMO. Maybe it is just me. I am 5'9 25 right now. I should be sitting around 225 when I am clean and not cutting or bulking

Muscle memory is a great thing. You'll gain it back, just be patient and consistent.

It will be easier than you think...

Due to extended travel in Europe a couple of times a year I have two month layoffs periodically. Get to the gym maybe once or twice a week. I definately lose 1. Strength 2. Size 3. Put on fat.

Starting back sucks. The weakness plays on you mentally cause you remember how long it took to build the first time. However my experiences show that although the first two weeks back seem like I'm starting over, at about the third full week it is like a turbo kicked in. Make gains back like I was juicing when I'm not. I have always gotten totally back within 6 weeks with no juice. I am also 43, not a young pup.

To put it another way I think the training curve for the first two weeks back seemed as steep as someone who has never been there but where their training curve stays steep, mine flattens out and becomes easier.

Good Luck
PekkerWood

One more thing.

Usually when you are not training hard your diet goes with it. It is kind of a negative synergy, just like when you are training hard you are eager to eat enough and the right things.

Pekker

Thanks alot guys again. Usually when something like this happens it takes me about a month to get back into form, but man when I was having trouble getting 225 for 10 on bench I almost shit myself.

dont worry bro, i been in the same sirtuation,but i didnt train for 7 months,i lost a lot of weight and size,power,just about everything.but after 1 month i was pushing the close to same weights,and i gane weight back too.its just takes time to get back,you not first you not last to have that problem.
eat rest train and grow.and you'll be on your way;)

One time I took 4-5 months off. Didn't train, ate junk and drank alot of booze. I finally got the motivation to get back into the gym. About 1-2 months the strength and muscle mass came back, and the fat decreased considerably. Muscle memory is a great thing!

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131