over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Low Weight, High Volume on the National News

oldfella

Board Supporter / Featured Member/Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Board Supporter
LOL an interesting, er long read. But this study is done wit young men, so what if the subjects all had about ten years of training under their belts?? What conclusions would the study have come up with then? Would the amount of years training have made a difference to the study? Would the same protocols produce the same results? Personally, I think not! But I am no scientist, I only know from experience how my body responds to heavier workloads and volume, and low volume just does not produce the results!

Cosmicdrifter

Registered
LOL an interesting, er long read. But this study is done wit young men, so what if the subjects all had about ten years of training under their belts?? What conclusions would the study have come up with then? Would the amount of years training have made a difference to the study? Would the same protocols produce the same results? Personally, I think not! But I am no scientist, I only know from experience how my body responds to heavier workloads and volume, and low volume just does not produce the results!
You've hit on some key questions - the ones that may invalidate the findings for seasoned bodybuilders. They seldom used experienced bodybuilders for studies like this - a flaw in methodology that makes the information useless except to a very limited number of people.

I wonder if anyone on the board has seen a similar study using more experienced people?

sexyboy

Registered
so how many reps we talking about here at 30%1rm?

i do belive you can grow muscle with high reps maybe there is some truth to it. Flex wheeler used to use alot of reps like 15-20 of course he was a gentic freak.

SB

airspirit

Registered
Ditto on the level on training complaint. If you take an untrained person and throw them into a powerlifting routine their body can't adjust properly to the stress so naturally there will be problems. Further, an untrained person will be more accustomed to lifting lighter weights without going to failure as a consequence of everyday life. Just like an endurance runner's muscle profile will differ from a powerlifter which will differ from a bodybuilder, the body tends to want to specialize in what is being thrown at it day to day. This factor could possibly explain the results.

An untrained person will grow somewhat on even the lousiest of programs, so this kind of study is worthless.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
james5211