over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Lower Volume Coaches

No.

. I probably don't even really need a coach given the progress I've made and have been told as much from a few good ones.

================================================

My point in a lower volume coach overseeing what I'm doing is to have them to be able to pick up on anything that I'm missing in training or make suggestions and so on. As well as nutrition and different strategies they might use that I haven't.

these statements are contradicting each other
not sure good coaches tell people they dont need a coach?
you do need a coach so you dont confuse too may ideas together. use yours and theirs- that is your plan

these statements are contradicting each other

not sure good coaches tell people they dont need a coach?

you do need a coach so you dont confuse too may ideas together. use yours and theirs- that is your plan

I've had two who have told me what I've been doing is working great from a progress standpoint and I would be just fine continuing that route. They did say they could help with bringing up certain body parts probably and I could see what their methods were in doing so.

If I were to not hire a coach, I would just keep doing what I'm doing which isn't complicated or confusing at all.

My point is, I can continue to progress on my own but, getting new ideas is never a bad thing.

I just think that training has proven to be so damn relative and based on the individual and THAT'S exactly why most top coaches don't chime in on training routines. No one is going to know where you need to add 1 more work set on Pull day or whether the overall leg volume throughout the week is too much...other than you.

Yes diet is individual but they are tinkering and doing weekly changes to get you a certain look. A training issue likely won't suddenly present itself in a week's time.

My vote is to not waste your money on having someone "look over your shoulder" on training. If you do hire one just for that you, you're giving your money away.

I'm only saying this as I used to think this way when I hired my first two coaches. I thought they NEEDED to be in the same training realm that I was in order to make the best progress....and I was wrong. As long as I was lifting and lifting hard, neither cared what program I was doing. The only comment I ever got training related was, "take a rest day tomorrow."

I just think that training has proven to be so damn relative and based on the individual and THAT'S exactly why most top coaches don't chime in on training routines. No one is going to know where you need to add 1 more work set on Pull day or whether the overall leg volume throughout the week is too much...other than you.

Yes diet is individual but they are tinkering and doing weekly changes to get you a certain look. A training issue likely won't suddenly present itself in a week's time.

My vote is to not waste your money on having someone "look over your shoulder" on training. If you do hire one just for that you, you're giving your money away.

I'm only saying this as I used to think this way when I hired my first two coaches. I thought they NEEDED to be in the same training realm that I was in order to make the best progress....and I was wrong. As long as I was lifting and lifting hard, neither cared what program I was doing. The only comment I ever got training related was, "take a rest day tomorrow."

Totally agree.

Chris Aceto was talking about this on Heavy Muscle Radio this week. He said he never once advised Jay Cutler, Shawn Rhoden, Eduardo Correa, etc., on training.

Well.

Just sent first progress pics over to Dusty Hanshaw.

Let's see what happens [emoji16]

that’s what I worry about choosing a coach. many coaches have so many clients; i don’t want to be on the back burner.

If I would go with a coach; Andrew Vu , he learned a lot of Chris aceto

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Update.

Have been working with Dusty for about three weeks now.

So far, so good. Updates come as expected and feedback on what needs to change is thoroughly explained.

I don't ask many questions because I don't have many but, when I do I typically get a response on a day or so.

Happy so far.

Also, I laid out my training to him and he said it looked good, Fortitude Training, so I could stick with that or he could design a DC program for me. I decided to stick with FT for the time being since it's worked so well.

Last edited:
Update.

Have been working with Dusty for about three weeks now.

So far, so good. Updates come as expected and feedback on what needs to change is thoroughly explained.

I don't ask many questions because I don't have many but, when I do I typically get a response on a day or so.

Happy so far.

Also, I laid out my training to him and he said it looked good, Fortitude Training, so I could stick with that or he could design a DC program for me. I decided to stick with FT for the time being since it's worked so well.
Good luck brother!

What do you guys consider low vs moderate vs high volume? How many sets per week total, or per bodypart, is considered low?

Wanted to update here on the experience so far with Dusty.

Very very happy with things. We're continuing to push up calories in a way that's manageable and steady. No huge changes but, slight adjustments here and there as they should be.

He's been very attentive although I don't have many questions usually but, when I do he's on the ball with a response.

Work has been brutal in terms of my schedule. Im on call 24/7 and work nights, days, afternoons with no knowing when so, some days I'm only up a few hours before I have to go back to sleep for a shift the next morning or night. Due to that I was missing meals even though I was eating every 2 hours so, we set a plan for days like that. It also messed up my check ins since I would only get a couple hours sleep after eating before I woke up to take pics. In these instances he's had me take extra update pics and check ins to see what is really going on instead of just a snap shot of that week.

We're making very good progress on such a short amount of time so, I can't wait to see what happens after a year.

Love me some Dusty. Always following his YouTube videos on training and cooking. Seems like a genuinely good dude. Best of luck!

damn dude you in the medical field or what?

Wanted to update here on the experience so far with Dusty.

Very very happy with things. We're continuing to push up calories in a way that's manageable and steady. No huge changes but, slight adjustments here and there as they should be.

He's been very attentive although I don't have many questions usually but, when I do he's on the ball with a response.

Work has been brutal in terms of my schedule. Im on call 24/7 and work nights, days, afternoons with no knowing when so, some days I'm only up a few hours before I have to go back to sleep for a shift the next morning or night. Due to that I was missing meals even though I was eating every 2 hours so, we set a plan for days like that. It also messed up my check ins since I would only get a couple hours sleep after eating before I woke up to take pics. In these instances he's had me take extra update pics and check ins to see what is really going on instead of just a snap shot of that week.

We're making very good progress on such a short amount of time so, I can't wait to see what happens after a year.

man I feel you same here on the quality of life thing years back. Took a good paycut to have a normal life and lose my night differential. One thing that cant be undervalued is quality of life. Day shift opened up and I got off nights so quick I didn't even think about the money honestly because I struggled that much with over sleep/quality of life.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
808Labs
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws