over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Lumps in armpits

Big Bapper

Moderator - R.I.P.
I have a lump under each armpit for the past couple of weeks and have a doctors appointment on Monday. They are under the skin with no pain or redness. But are visible when I do a abs and thigh pose, I am fairly lean. Both lumps are hard with a soft feel. It that makes any sense and move around very easily.

One thing I think it could be is that I done two shows in the past couple of months and never shave under my arms but because of the shows I had to shave, so after a little reading up on Google i thought this could be the cause on the other side of the coin I remember having bad night sweats after the first show but they have long gone. All blood work normal.

What you guys think ??

lymph nodes (sp?)

these are a sign that your immune system is working hard against something. i think they are usually a little warm to the touch though...

lymph nodes (sp?)

these are a sign that your immune system is working hard against something. i think they are usually a little warm to the touch though...

That was my first thought too. Let us know what the Doc says Bapper.

I have these same lumps that start under my armpit and go to my chest.

I have these same lumps that start under my armpit and go to my chest.

Do you know what they are ??

Yes there is no redness and are not warn to touch.

It could be some allergic reaction, if you just shave your armpits recently, maybe too you deoderant. I leave my hair under my armpits, mostly because I got rashes, but never lumps. Hard too say, without a professional opinion from a doctor.

Not a clue, but they showed up on my first pin cycle years ago and have been there ever since. They shrink a little, then come back. More on the left side then the right.
No redness or warmth. Kinda feel like fatty tumors.

I get them from time to time. Sometimes on the back of my neck too. They usually arn't sore but sometimes they can be a bit tender. They are swollen lyph nodes. It usually happens with infections or viruses. I know guys who get them after their injections though. Body tries to fight the depot I guess.

Are they bilateral? Most likely lymph nodes. You're body is fighting something off even if you don't feel sick. Could be a sign of overtrained condition too. It's good you're going to the doctor though.

It could be some allergic reaction, if you just shave your armpits recently, maybe too you deoderant. I leave my hair under my armpits, mostly because I got rashes, but never lumps. Hard too say, without a professional opinion from a doctor.

I leave the hair there too, but had to shave due to competition. So I was thinking that could be the cause.

Are they bilateral? Most likely lymph nodes. You're body is fighting something off even if you don't feel sick. Could be a sign of overtrained condition too. It's good you're going to the doctor though.

Yes they are on both sides. So that kind of takes the worrying away and that is the only reason I have not been to the doctors yet. I was hoping they would clear up. But made a appointment yesterday for Monday morning.

Over training, interesting I have just done two shows and Wednesday was the first proper day I took off work since my gym opened. I slept for 10 hours, the longest I have had to sleep since my gym opened. Since I opened my gym and with preping for shows, I was lucky to get 5 hours a night and that is a year ago in 3 weeks.:eek:

I have a small one right underneath my armpit and a HUGE one over my serratus. The way you described yours are exactly what mine are too. I'm too cheap to go to the doc for something that doesnt hurt, so let me know what he says :D

lymph nodes

lymph nodes (sp?)

I agree... +1

Swollen lymph nodes combined with other signs and symptoms are a common reason people visit their doctors. Most often, lymph nodes swell and become inflamed as a result of an infection. However, there are many possible causes of swollen lymph nodes, including autoimmune diseases, such as rheumatoid arthritis, noncancerous (benign) tumors and cancer.

Your lymph nodes, also called glands, play a vital role in your body's ability to fight off viruses, bacteria and other causes of illnesses. Some 600 lymph nodes are situated throughout your body, with the majority in your head and neck. The lymph nodes that most frequently swell are in your neck, under your chin, in your armpits and in your groin. The site of the swollen lymph nodes may help identify the underlying cause.

Treatment for inflamed, swollen lymph nodes, also known as lymphadenitis, depends on the cause. In some cases, over-the-counter (OTC) pain relievers and warm compresses may be all you need. For more serious cases, treatment of swollen lymph nodes involves treating the underlying cause.

Some swollen lymph nodes return to normal when the underlying condition, such as a cold, resolves. However, see your doctor if you're concerned or if your swollen lymph nodes:

-Have appeared for no apparent reason
-Continue to enlarge
-Feel hard or fixed
-Are accompanied by fever, night sweats or unexplained weight loss
-Are red, warm and tender

those are glands..ive had em forever..check in between your thighs as well..closest to the growing.you should feel some balls there as well..it occurs under the lower abdoman as well..check that out.the doc might prescribe you something..could be your catching sometype of sickness

A buddy of mine has/had the same issue as you drape; not to freak you out, his was fungal, that's a little more serious as compared to the issues you have mentioned above.

His was "warm" to the touch

Chip

I really think those are just lymph nodes, and the combination of becoming leaner and shaving is making them more visible. I can see mine in the area between my pcs and lats when my bodyfat reaches a certian level. Nothing to worry about at all IMO since they are not sore.

I get them under my arm pits from time to time...No pain or anything?! I don't shave so that wouldn't be the reason for mine?! Have never gone to doctor from them and it usually goes away in a week or two?! Let us know what the doctor tells you, I'm intersted in knowing what they may be also.....

I agree... +1

Swollen lymph nodes combined with other signs and symptoms are a common reason people visit their doctors. Most often, lymph nodes swell and become inflamed as a result of an infection. However, there are many possible causes of swollen lymph nodes, including autoimmune diseases, such as rheumatoid arthritis, noncancerous (benign) tumors and cancer.

Your lymph nodes, also called glands, play a vital role in your body's ability to fight off viruses, bacteria and other causes of illnesses. Some 600 lymph nodes are situated throughout your body, with the majority in your head and neck. The lymph nodes that most frequently swell are in your neck, under your chin, in your armpits and in your groin. The site of the swollen lymph nodes may help identify the underlying cause.

Treatment for inflamed, swollen lymph nodes, also known as lymphadenitis, depends on the cause. In some cases, over-the-counter (OTC) pain relievers and warm compresses may be all you need. For more serious cases, treatment of swollen lymph nodes involves treating the underlying cause.

Some swollen lymph nodes return to normal when the underlying condition, such as a cold, resolves. However, see your doctor if you're concerned or if your swollen lymph nodes:

-Have appeared for no apparent reason
-Continue to enlarge
-Feel hard or fixed
-Are accompanied by fever, night sweats or unexplained weight loss
-Are red, warm and tender

Thanks for the reply Bro,
-They did appear for no apparent reason.
-Continue to enlarge on one side go back down, then the other side flairs up.:confused:
-Feel hard but not fixed
-Had a fever and night sweats after my first show, but did not appear till months after.
-They are not warm, red or tender.

Staff online

• A50#
    Old School Moderator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
calebjmb
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner