over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Macro Nutrient Ratios

PumpinIron

Registered
Just curious what people like to run for their macro nutrient ratios? I realize it depends on a lot of factors and can be different from person-to-person so I'm more or less wondering what you've found works best for you?

Currently I am using a 40/30/30 (Carbs/Protein/Fat) macro nutrient ratio and consuming 4000 calories per day over the course of 6 meals. I've been sticking with this for months now and haven't noticed much (if any) results so I'm thinking it might be time to reevaluate.

Anyhow, just curious to know what you guys like to run.

my current ratio is 75g-Protein , 50g-Carbs , 25g-Fat per meal eating when I get hungry although I skip carbs in breakfast most of the time. Generaly I'll eat 6 times a day sometimes only 5 other like the day after a big leg or back day I'll eat 7.
not getting any shakes at the moment.

Damn, 75g of protein is a lot of protein for each meal. Sounds like you must be eating a crap ton of meat. Each one of my meals usually has 6oz of lean meat and even that is no more than 50g of protein at the very most.

Damn, 75g of protein is a lot of protein for each meal. Sounds like you must be eating a crap ton of meat. Each one of my meals usually has 6oz of lean meat and even that is no more than 50g of protein at the very most.

Generaly between 8-12 oz of meat depending on what it is and I eat alot of whole eggs typically a dozen a day.
but right now I'm pushing 280lbs and steadly creeping up till maybe late January.

Generaly between 8-12 oz of meat depending on what it is and I eat alot of whole eggs typically a dozen a day.
but right now I'm pushing 280lbs and steadly creeping up till maybe late January.

Gotcha, you're a lot bigger than me so I guess that would make sense. And I thought I spent a lot of money on groceries... I'll bet your bill puts mine to shame.

So you've got it backwards then, more protein than carbs. Usually a lot of the macro nutrient ratios I see always have more carbs than protein. Does it work better for you with more protein as oppose to carbs?

Last edited:
I don't need alot of carbs , 200-300g a day is a good bit for me , I feel fine on a no carb diet.

all of my eggs are free and most of my red meat is either from deer or a steer we slaughter once a year so the meat cost is drastically cut their , and alot of my fish is caught by us so that helps. I'm very fortunate to be able to have access to this great food and not have to buy so much.

I think that everybody is differant and needs to figure out what works for them as far as not only macros goes but the exact kind of food!!

some people don't digest beef well and other do , I don't digest oats and grains well so my carbs come from fruit and yams , that's what works for me

I usually get my carbs from fruit, oats, sweet potatoes, and other things. I wish I had access to that kind of meat, you're making my mouth water.

Every once in a while I'll get some lean ground beef from Trade Joes (the 96/4 kind) and use a whole wheat / whole grain bun (30 carbs) and make a damn good tasting LEAN burger with it. That does the trick every time!

I was supposed to be at 50/50/15 since aug but realized I had been at 65/50/15.

Just started getting my carbs from oats.

no ratios for me, doing IF and eating 4 meals: 240g protein (whole eggs, whey, chicken/fish and salmon/beef) 50-100g fats (yolks, nuts, olive oil, avocado) and 125-75-50-0 g carbs per meal when trying to lose weight or 200-100-75-75 g carbs per meal if trying to gain weight. Fasted training and all macros are consumed in 8 hours pwo, this allowed me to lose fat without any muscle loss and now I'm gaining without any fat gain at all better than any other diet I've done in the past (only at 150mg test/150mg npp and 2iu hgh now).

50/50/15 is 115%. That doesn't make sense, it's supposed to all add up to be 100%.

Am I missing something?

He might mean grams for each number not a pecent , that's why I made sure to put a g after the numbers I post in the begining.

no ratios for me, doing IF and eating 4 meals: 240g protein (whole eggs, whey, chicken/fish and salmon/beef) 50-100g fats (yolks, nuts, olive oil, avocado) and 125-75-50-0 g carbs per meal when trying to lose weight or 200-100-75-75 g carbs per meal if trying to gain weight. Fasted training and all macros are consumed in 8 hours pwo, this allowed me to lose fat without any muscle loss and now I'm gaining without any fat gain at all better than any other diet I've done in the past (only at 150mg test/150mg npp and 2iu hgh now).

Have you been using progress pics to track the diet? The IF diet has always interested me but I have yet to try it.

my current ratio is 75g-Protein , 50g-Carbs , 25g-Fat per meal eating when I get hungry although I skip carbs in breakfast most of the time. Generaly I'll eat 6 times a day sometimes only 5 other like the day after a big leg or back day I'll eat 7.
not getting any shakes at the moment.
725 CALS' PER MEAL X 6 OR 4350 PER DAY...NOT BAD

SORRY DOESN'T SOUND RIGHT FOR SOMEONE TRYING TO LOSE WEIGHT.
125 x 4 = 500
75 x 4 = 300
50 x 9 = 450

Total 1250 cals per meal x 4 meals a day or 5000 calories. I don't think anyone here is going to lose weight taking in 5000 calories a day. JMO

Last edited:
725 CALS' PER MEAL X 6 OR 4350 PER DAY...NOT BAD

most days 6 meals , some 5 others 7 and the total cals a we bit lower cause breakfast doesn't always have carbs.
The days I eat 7 meals it's just over 5000 cals and thats typically the day after a bad ass leg or back workout and it's still not super easy.

I'm 6'2" bout 280 right now and I can't imagine eating 6000-7000 cals a day , I don't know how guys need that much to grow

Do you guys feel it is better to eat like say a set gram of protein/fat/carb amount each meal?

or prioritize more food pre/post workout

SORRY DOESN'T SOUND RIGHT FOR SOMEONE TRYING TO LOSE WEIGHT.
125 x 4 = 500
75 x 4 = 300
50 x 9 = 450

Total 1250 cals per meal x 4 meals a day or 5000 calories. I don't think anyone here is going to lose weight taking in 5000 calories a day. JMO

that's 125g of carbs in meal1 (pwo), 75g carbs in meal2 and 50g carbs in meal 3, no carbs in meal 4 (4 meals a day total) = 250g carbs per day with 240g protein a day and 50-100g fats = 2410-2860 kcals, got my leanest and hardest with this diet very easy with no cardio.

most days 6 meals , some 5 others 7 and the total cals a we bit lower cause breakfast doesn't always have carbs.
The days I eat 7 meals it's just over 5000 cals and thats typically the day after a bad ass leg or back workout and it's still not super easy.

I'm 6'2" bout 280 right now and I can't imagine eating 6000-7000 cals a day , I don't know how guys need that much to grow

I'm with you on that one. I currently eat about 4000kcals a day and I can't imagine eating more. I am literally stuffing my face!

Staff online

• K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws