over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Magnum question for you

cac3071

Registered
Magnum,

I read your post about going to a more vegan like diet and was hoping you would be willing to expand on that and maybe provide an example of what your diet looks like.

Thanks

Well keep in mind I am doing this for my health and not for BBing, but I am putting back on some size but not too concerned with it. OK so I eat any kind of potato yams whole wheat pasta when I do eat it which is not often brown rice some white on occasion and oats. I don't eat too much processed foods but I do like the vegan Boca burgers. I eat lots of greens like spinach and kale and fruit like any kind of berries and bananas too. I add flax seed to my drink once a day. I don't use oil and I have not been eating meat or fish. On rare occasion I will eat some raw salmon and twice I have eaten some organic beef. I like to add different kinds of mustard and vinegar to some of my dishes and Mrs Dash too. Oh and I like hummis too kinda goes good with some Mary's crackers as a snack. Hope that helps some.

Is it straight vegan, or do you eat eggs, yogurt, cheese, etc.?

Thanks Magnum. So what are the primary differences that you have noticed health wise?

Well keep in mind I am doing this for my health and not for BBing, but I am putting back on some size but not too concerned with it. OK so I eat any kind of potato yams whole wheat pasta when I do eat it which is not often brown rice some white on occasion and oats. I don't eat too much processed foods but I do like the vegan Boca burgers. I eat lots of greens like spinach and kale and fruit like any kind of berries and bananas too. I add flax seed to my drink once a day. I don't use oil and I have not been eating meat or fish. On rare occasion I will eat some raw salmon and twice I have eaten some organic beef. I like to add different kinds of mustard and vinegar to some of my dishes and Mrs Dash too. Oh and I like hummis too kinda goes good with some Mary's crackers as a snack. Hope that helps some.
Sorry Mag but that sounds awful boring to me. Bet it is healthy but if that's the difference between living to be 90 vs 80, I'll take 80.. Life can be boring enough without food messing it up even worst.

Thanks Magnum. So what are the primary differences that you have noticed health wise?

Pretty much everything. Lower BP higher blood oxygen lower blood sugar more energy less aches and pains lost about 25 pounds so far endurance is up sleeping much better. Yesterday was the first time in my life that I did not eat turkey and to be honest I didn't even think about it.

Sorry Mag but that sounds awful boring to me. Bet it is healthy but if that's the difference between living to be 90 vs 80, I'll take 80.. Life can be boring enough without food messing it up even worst.

I don't think it's about living to 80 or 90 it's about how a person feels while living. Lets face it most people will never see 80. The way most people over eat and take drugs I doubt they will come even close. I personally don't feel that I am missing out at all. In fact my food choces went up from say around 10 to prob around 30.

The fact is that most people would never eat like this like you said, even if it would extend their life. That actually boggles my mind. I know someone who is 55 and just had a heart attack and she said that they would rather die than give up her favorite foods which is basically McDonald's and other fast foods. Of course this was said AFTER the Drs got her under control with meds. While laying in the hospital she was saying that she would do anything to live. People think that they can just take a pill and this will cure all their ailments.

Last edited:
I don't think it's about living to 80 or 90 it's about how a person feels while living. Lets face it most people will never see 80. The way most people over eat and take drugs I doubt they will come even close. I personally don't feel that I am missing out at all. In fact my food choces went up from say around 10 to prob around 30.

The fact is that most people would never eat like this like you said, even if it would extend their life. That actually boggles my mind. I know someone who is 55 and just had a heart attack and she said that they would rather die than give up her favorite foods which is basically McDonald's and other fast foods. Of course this was said AFTER the Drs got her under control with meds. While laying in the hospital she was saying that she would do anything to live. People think that they can just take a pill and this will cure all their ailments.
I know what your saying but since i'm 70, i wouldn't change a thing on how i eat. To me eating is fun as long as you don't over eat and feel misable. Give me a big juicy Hamburger steak anytime with ketchup. Some Beer, Hookers, Ice Cream and a Mr Goodbar here and there and man I'm king of the hill. Hope you and yours had a nice thanksgiving..

T.O.M

I know what your saying but since i'm 70, i wouldn't change a thing on how i eat. To me eating is fun as long as you don't over eat and feel misable. Give me a big juicy Hamburger steak anytime with ketchup. Some Beer, Hookers, Ice Cream and a Mr Goodbar here and there and man I'm king of the hill. Hope you and yours had a nice thanksgiving..

T.O.M

I can't argue with that. :D I'm sure that I will have a ribeye again sometime down the road. Hope you had a good one too.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear