over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Major new fish oil study

i'd never waste money on fish oil. when they get tested most dont have the amounts stated on the label, alot dont have anywhere near the amount, many have been oxidized, yr actually hurting yrself taking them....
but they're unregulated supplements, most have the same issues no matter what they are.
u can get prescribed fish oil supps, those would be the only ones i'd take. IF i had to.

What is the main reason most on here take fish oil supplements? Lower triglycerides?

Beyond Heart Health More Reasons to Take Fish Oil - Life Extension

As for not trusting the quality, consumerlab.com is a good site that tests everything. Labdoor.com as well. If all else fails, go with Life Extension since their stuff always tests 100%. Problem with the old studies that say fish oils are useless is they never disclose the brands (as far as I know), which I assume just means they use the cheap crap at Walgreens

Some of you guys are talking crazy.:banghead: You'd never use fish oil....all brands are toxic/rancid/oxidized blah blah blah. :rolleyes: Sure, I would never use a brand off the shelves of walmart or the grocery store or any other obvious place not to buy your supplements, but get yourself some Carlson's, Nordic Naturals, Life Extension, Jarrow, or True Nutrition fish oil and you will be consuming top quality products that will make you healthier.

PipingRock failed a bunch of tests on the consumerlabs.com web site so I wouldn't touch that cheap ass brand
No wonder it was so cheap. Looks like its back to Carlsons or Jarrows. Always had good results with their stuff. Actually had just finished up a huge bottle of Carlsons before buying this.

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

If using fish oil currently, don't change anything (diet, training, rest, etc), get bloods, drop them, get bloods again, add fish oil back in, get bloods again, and compare. Obviously for lipids. Fish oil has been shown to help with joint issues so can't really "test" for that but go off of feel.

i'd never waste money on fish oil. when they get tested most dont have the amounts stated on the label, alot dont have anywhere near the amount, many have been oxidized, yr actually hurting yrself taking them....
but they're unregulated supplements, most have the same issues no matter what they are.
u can get prescribed fish oil supps, those would be the only ones i'd take. IF i had to.

They are regulated by the FDA. BUT they are not enforced.

I've been using this brand from Piping Rock for awhile with no complaints although it's probably not the best thing out there. But 40 servings for $7.99....I figured I would give it a shot. Label listed below.

Item #1021

Multi Omega 3-6-9 Fish, Flax & Borage, 120 Softgels

1200mg Omega-3 Fish Oil
Typical Fatty Acid Profile: Omega-3 EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid) 16-22% Omega-3 DHA (docosahexaenoic acid)10-14%

1,200 mg Flaxseed Oil
Typical Fatty Acid Profile: Omega-3 Alpha-Linolenic Acid40-60% Omega-6 Linoleic Acid 12-18% Omega-9 Oleic Acid 12-18%

1,200 mg Borage Oil
Typical Fatty Acid Profile: Omega-6 Linoleic Acid 30-40% Omega-6 Gamma-Linolenic Acid19-26% Omega-9 Oleic Acid 12-18%

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk
This looks like a mix of healthy fats. I like the Omega-6 content. Some don't get that Evening Primrose/Borage oil are essential

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws