over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Making a comeback

bignick97477

Registered
I troll more than I post, but just had my first powerlifting meet since I was 19yrs old smashed a 800lb dead and the open 275-308 wabdl record just thought I would share the video. I have always relied on PM for all the best advice! best board on the net in my opinion!

27yrs old 276lbs Nick Heppner

800lb deadlift - YouTube

WOW! Nice lift brother.

Sweet Lord, you made that look EASY!!!!

I haven't felt like a little girl all day...thank you for fixing that!:headbang:

Thanks for the kind words bros, The plan is to chase the 900lb mark now from what I can find there has only been 10-15 people to ever pull over 900. Excited to see how far I can really push myself.

Will do bro, I was planing on starting a training log on the site pretty soon get some of my deadlift training theory's out there and hopefully getting some advice from other bro's.

Will do bro, I was planing on starting a training log on the site pretty soon get some of my deadlift training theory's out there and hopefully getting some advice from other bro's.

WOW:eek:

I take it the dead is your strongest lift!? What are your squat and bench like? Just the other day we were talking about how some people's bodies are better suited for deadlifting since they have long and short torsos. I was always much better at squats myself and I have short arms in comparison to my torso length.

Damn man you made that look stupidly easy lol

Dead is my best lift, its always felt more natural to me. Squat is around 700ish raw with only knee wraps nice and deep though. I hit 500 on bench the other day raw took it down nice and slow but was more a touch and go than a pause. Planing on doing a 3 lift raw meet this winter with some buddys. The game plan is to really get after my squats and bench in the coming months. I have always been a fan of lifting raw. The meet was the first time I put on a deadlift suit in years. I forgot my singlet and a buddy had a dead suit that fit. I figured it couldn't hurt and I didn't have to spend cash on buying a 2nd singlet.

Don't want to sound rude, but stop wasting your time, lol. The way that 800 went up you're already at the 900 pound mark. Excellent pull man.

Thanks bro, I always seem to under estimate myself and leave a little on the table. Watching the video I wish I would have went for a 4th attempt around 840ish but 800 was a big milestone for me and took more out of me mentally than physically.

Thanks bro, I always seem to under estimate myself and leave a little on the table. Watching the video I wish I would have went for a 4th attempt around 840ish but 800 was a big milestone for me and took more out of me mentally than physically.

Way I look at it is youre so damn young now and you have a lot of time ahead of you. There is no doubt those lifts are all going to go up and I would rather see you play it safe now then push yourself to the edge and end up with a bad injury. How common are serious injuries during competitions? Assuming most guys are pushing it to the limit the probability of injuries must be much higher.

Injury's are pretty regular in the powerlifting world thats forsure bro. Seems as if most lifters I know have a injury that holds back one of there three lifts in some way. My little brother who also competes hasn't been able to deadlift for 6 months due to a back injury in training. 27yrs old is young in the powerlifting game so I'm defiantly not trying to rush things. One injury can set you back pretty substantially. My last 8-10 weeks before the meet I only deadlifted 2 times once off 4 inch blocks and once pulling my opener of 700lbs 2 weeks out just to get a feel for the weight. The rest of the time was spent working on weak spots in my dead lift. I kind of attack it backwards pull a near maximal lift record it on video. Than based off how it felt and where it looked like I struggled the most I pick my weak spots and really hammer on those areas with lifts other than deadlift. Before the meet I was doing alot of hip work and mid back work I felt those where my weak spots. I attribute this style of training to helping me avoid injury it gives the cns a rest and builds a better over all balance of muscles.

Injury's are pretty regular in the powerlifting world thats forsure bro. Seems as if most lifters I know have a injury that holds back one of there three lifts in some way. My little brother who also competes hasn't been able to deadlift for 6 months due to a back injury in training. 27yrs old is young in the powerlifting game so I'm defiantly not trying to rush things. One injury can set you back pretty substantially. My last 8-10 weeks before the meet I only deadlifted 2 times once off 4 inch blocks and once pulling my opener of 700lbs 2 weeks out just to get a feel for the weight. The rest of the time was spent working on weak spots in my dead lift. I kind of attack it backwards pull a near maximal lift record it on video. Than based off how it felt and where it looked like I struggled the most I pick my weak spots and really hammer on those areas with lifts other than deadlift. Before the meet I was doing alot of hip work and mid back work I felt those where my weak spots. I attribute this style of training to helping me avoid injury it gives the cns a rest and builds a better over all balance of muscles.

Sounds like you either have a great trainer/mentor or have learned a lot on your own. That training sounds great.

I used to train at a gym where John Parillo would bring in a powerlifter of his and I would train legs with them. Steve, the guy he was training, was like you young and strong. He competed in the 242 class and was quite short and compact with legs that looked like tree stumps. His big lift was the squat and he was putting up about 750 with a suit in competition. Last time I saw Steve he had a falling out with Parillo and was going to go into Pharmaceutical sales so I dont think he continued to compete. He talked like he was getting burned out on it and there was some hint there of him not wanting to take all of the performance enhancements necessary to compete at a higher level.

I can say from training legs with him that training for powerlifting is a whole different thing than bodybuilding. Those leg sessions were freakin brutal! Lots of respect for the powerlifters..

Way too attack the weight! Good job! :headbang:

Are you the professional bodybuilder Ernie Taylor? Just had to ask since this is a bodybuilding board.

Sounds like you either have a great trainer/mentor or have learned a lot on your own. That training sounds great.

I used to train at a gym where John Parillo would bring in a powerlifter of his and I would train legs with them. Steve, the guy he was training, was like you young and strong. He competed in the 242 class and was quite short and compact with legs that looked like tree stumps. His big lift was the squat and he was putting up about 750 with a suit in competition. Last time I saw Steve he had a falling out with Parillo and was going to go into Pharmaceutical sales so I dont think he continued to compete. He talked like he was getting burned out on it and there was some hint there of him not wanting to take all of the performance enhancements necessary to compete at a higher level.

I can say from training legs with him that training for powerlifting is a whole different thing than bodybuilding. Those leg sessions were freakin brutal! Lots of respect for the powerlifters..

Thanks bro, been around pretty elite powerlifters since i was around 14yrs old so always had good trainers. The training is just like bodybuilding ever evolving and trying to find what works for your body type. I did a 700lb dead at 19 in competition and had been competing pretty regularly since I was 15 to that point. Took sometime off trained more like a bodybuilder the last few years, but getting back to my powerlifting roots now. Powerlifting is just like bodybuilding in the sense the performance enhancements and diets get more extreme with the level of competition that's forsure. I have seen the cycles of top level powerlifters and they will rival national level bodybuilders just a little different compounds.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws