over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Massive issues with my right arm - opinions needed

M@NU

Registered
Hello guys,
i have some massive issues with my right arm since around 7-8 weeks.
Before that, i had slight issues with elbow pain here and there.
Since 7-8 weeks, i can not do any puhsing movements but not due to my elbow, but due to immense pain in my forearm.
The pain is more or less located here:
1698844879235.png

it is so severe i can not even press an empty smith machine bar.
I can work back without any pain. Also Bizceps when my arm is fully rotated.
Hammer curls induce some pain but nothing compared to pressing movements.
Also, apart from training, the pain is worst at night when the arm rests. If i wake up i can only "curl up" with severe pain.
does anything had something similar or ideas what it might be?
I will probably try to get a ortho appointment in the next days
thanks guys!

Hello guys,
Since 7-8 weeks, i can not do any puhsing movements but not due to my elbow, but due to immense pain in my forearm.
View attachment 184883

Also, apart from training, the pain is worst at night when the arm rests. If i wake up i can only "curl up" with severe pain.
thanks guys!
Def get imaging done with your ortho.

But I would see if you can find a solid Chiro who does full extremity work and get the shoulder re-aligned along with the bicep tendon.

In addition do some deep tissue work in the shoulder and down through the arm.

If things are out of place and there is scar tissue unfortunately the more you train on it the more you will aggregate it.

I've had this in the past but I'm having trouble remembering how I resolved it.

Graston therapy, ART therapy, those are the kinds of things I usually go for with something like this. Even cupping, or one of those massage guns (be careful not to get the gun on solid bone). That capsacin based cream for pain.

thanks for your opinions guys.
@360:
was your pain also more located at the forearm extensor intead of the elbow itself?

To me, this sounds like a bad case of tennis elbow. The Smith machine was the direct cause of my tennis elbow. I had to experiment with different exercises as it healed. It took about two months to heal.
If this is what it is the theraband Tyler twist healed mine. Definitely may want to considering a physical therapist

Reactions: LFG
Def get imaging done with your ortho.

But I would see if you can find a solid Chiro who does full extremity work and get the shoulder re-aligned along with the bicep tendon.

In addition do some deep tissue work in the shoulder and down through the arm.

If things are out of place and there is scar tissue unfortunately the more you train on it the more you will aggregate it.
Good process / recommendations.

Agree will all except Chiropractic. (My bad experiences; not rooted in rumors, half truths or outright lies.)

Alternatively a good sports medicine therapist would be my choice.

Good process / recommendations.

Agree will all except Chiropractic. (My bad experiences; not rooted in rumors, half truths or outright lies.)

Alternatively a good sports medicine therapist would be my choice.
I hate that chiropractors have given themselves such a bad reputation. In my company I work with and sell to thousands of them. I can count on one hand how many I will let touch me.

A truly good chiropractor who is trained in full extremities and rehab techniques can be a life saver for bodybuilders. But they are so hard to find and not hanging around “The Joint” or “$20 chiropractic”.

What are your rep sets like?

4-6
6-10
10-15

When is was doing 6-10 reps per set, I had similar pain. Took some time off due to that and other obligations. Pain went away. When I started up again at 10-15 reps, pain was gone and never did return. I’m curious if you’re going heavy or not because that could be the culprit, it was for me.

Definitely get imaging done and insist on seeing an ortho. My ortho saved me from a hip replacement down the line for something I thought was just a strain or tear.

Looks like a bad case of tennis elbow and I currently have it. You won't be able to lift jntil it heals a little. I took off a week so far. Everyday it is getting slightly better. Massage, ice and ibuprofen.

thanks for your opinions guys.
@360:
was your pain also more located at the forearm extensor intead of the elbow itself?

My pain was more in the forearm extensor muscle/tendon than the elbow itself. I took 3 weeks off from all lifting and then started back with safe exercises. When the pain was at its peak I could not hold or grasp a 10 pound dumbbell and it hurt when twisting a door knob open.

thanks all for your support!
@qbkilla i will look into this, thanks for your recommendation.
@pesty4077 Yeah, i can not even hold 4kg dumbbells to do side laterals due to the pain. I already took a week off but it didnt change a thing (maybe very slight improvement in daily pain)
@360 thanks alot! sounds like my case. I always tried to do pressing movements with light weight but even that hurts. So from now on, no pressing movements at all and only movements that induce zero pain!
@Hyperemia I guess i got this bad case of tennis elbow due to trying the "top set; back off set principle". I guess all my nagging injuries (also left knee) are due to forcing progressive overload on my body. I always had pain due to that, switched back to volume, all was fine and somehow i went back at top set/backoff set and got hurt again. This was the last time, my body is simply not built for that

I had almost the exact same issue (but it sounds like the pain with yours is more severe) for 3-4 months. For me, I was doing heavy hammer curls and I think I strained/pulled something in or near the brachioradialis area in my left arm. I think the activation of that muscle in that movement is what started mine. I pivoted to only doing narrower-grip EZ bar curls and started BPC-157 and TB-500 simultaneously. Eventually after about a couple of months the pain subsided. I am back to doing heavy hammer curls and all other movements without issue. Oh, and I also started stretching those muscles (and all other muscles) at least twice a week on my rest days.

I had almost the exact same issue (but it sounds like the pain with yours is more severe) for 3-4 months. For me, I was doing heavy hammer curls and I think I strained/pulled something in or near the brachioradialis area in my left arm. I think the activation of that muscle in that movement is what started mine. I pivoted to only doing narrower-grip EZ bar curls and started BPC-157 and TB-500 simultaneously. Eventually after about a couple of months the pain subsided. I am back to doing heavy hammer curls and all other movements without issue. Oh, and I also started stretching those muscles (and all other muscles) at least twice a week on my rest days.

Hammer curls were bad for me as well. I have started stretching the forearms and wrists much more.

I suffered with it for months . Doc said he had it too awhile back and concurred it’s painful, but did PROMISE it would eventually settle down and it did. He shot me up with cortisone once . He did also say it would not cause any more damage to “workout through the pain”. Good luck my friend . Mine settled down after about 3 months

see a doc and get an MRI on it ASAP, no amount of dicking around with online protocols is going to resolve "serious pain and immobility"

pfizer depomedrol (cortisone) one vial a week inside the tendon with a 27 needle. two weeks and you will be out

thanks guys.
I had an Ortho appointment this morning. She did no MRI yet but is 100% sure it is a pretty bad case of tennis elbow (she had another fancy name for it, but after asking she told me tennis elbow is the more common known name).
She showed me some stretches i should do, i should use heat (I was wondering because i always thought cold but cold is only useful for acute injuries according to her) and she told me to buy a tennis elbow brace which i did and i wear it most of the day now.
Also, i should avoid anything that causes pain thats more severe than a 2-3 on a pain scale (thats not exactly what she said, she said no training for 6 weeks, but this would mentally kill me, so i interpreted it in my favor xD)
also told me to use 3x ibuprofen 600-800 daily but this is not something i will do. I will take one 600mg ibu at nighttime.
3x600-800 seems excessive..

i now do that, stop all pressing movements (not even the lightest weight) and free/cable side laterals + butterfly reverse because those excersises cause the most pain.
Also, 1mg BPC157 twice a day into the forearm muscle next to the elbow and 2mg tb500 e2d same spot

if it doesnt get noticeable better within 4 weeks i should come back for MRI
thanks all for your help!

Hello guys,
View attachment 184883

thanks guys!
15g Collagen Protein daily , mix it with anything. If you drink a whey shake then add it to that. It’s the building block of collagen since collagen is different aminos than whey and muscle protein. Collagen has more l-glycine among other things.

Use 800-1100 mg vitamin C 3x daily to help the aminos get deposited where they need to go.

I know lots of experienced guys who do this preventatively.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131