over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Me at 245lbs.

hellas23000

Registered
I have Good size but need a lot more detail.

Still working on it...

Attachments

• me 007.jpg
    me 007.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 791
  • me 008.jpg
    me 008.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 606
  • me 009.jpg
    me 009.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 548
You should go to the beginners forum and read Alex's thread about looks not scale. YOuould look sooo much better at around 215 bro. But even at that it is just a number. Go for a look rather than a weight. You have some fat to drop but what is underneath should have you looking damn good once you get it off. Work your chest a lot harder to balance out your shoulders. what about legs? Throw up some legs shots as well.

i agree with oldfella, i think you have some nice size and when the fat drops your gonna be lights out!

dude, im the same friggen way... i have nice size but my bf is a little high.. i put on weight like nothing... its dropping it i have have a hard time with. it can be done though

u at 220-225 would be crazy!

Unless you are a powerlifter, I would suggest adding some cardio to your weekly routine and dropping the BF% a few notches. You would get a much better idea of what muscle groups you need to prioritize in your training as you can see much better.
good luck.

Agree with those above...if would behove you to take 6,8,10 weeks to cut the BF%. It will be the best decision you ever made. I read some great research on the correlation to BF% and muscle mass...

it is an inverse relationship, those with higher BF tend to gain more fat and less muscle, something like a 2:1 ratio so for every 3 lbs you gain only 1 is muscle and 2 is fat

conversely if the BF is lower its the opposit. I "bulked" for years and the best decision I ever made was to cut-up

I went from 250 down to 220, I currently walk around at 235 and look 10x better than I ever did, and Bigger too!

Thank you all

Great advice.

I really appreciate the feedback.

What's the "best" diet to follow to cut up nicely?

It's really hard for me to drop BF% without loosing muscle mass.

Advice on diet would be appreciated.

All you folks on this forum are awsome. It's nice to know you get honest feedback to a post.

Great advice.

All you folks on this forum are awsome. It's nice to know you get honest feedback to a post.

Keto diet works formost,take your LBM(which imo is 180-190lbs.)-and use this formula:0.25P(protein)xLBM.+0.085F(fats)xLBM. EATEN EVERY 2.5-3 HOURS.once a week have a cheat meal(last meal of the day).do cardio at low intensity(120BPM. no more).for at least 45min. but no more than an hour-fist thing in the am on an empty stomach. GOOD LUCK!

Great advice.

WHY is it hard? I think you are probably mistaking weight for muscle mass. You have a considerable amount of fat to lose. Daily cardio and proper diet will most certainly not cause you to lose muscle.
Try a simple high protein, moderate carb, low fat diet. Protein sources from Chicken, fish, lean steak (top sirloin) and a quality low carb protein powder. Carb sources from white/brown rice, sweet potato, potato, and veggies.
Keep it simple. 1.5 grams or protein per lb of BW.
Carbs under 150 daily, with maybe one high day(which would be cheat meal day)
daily cardio of a minimum or 45 minutes, low intensity.

You should go to the beginners forum and read Alex's thread about looks not scale. YOuould look sooo much better at around 215 bro. But even at that it is just a number. Go for a look rather than a weight. You have some fat to drop but what is underneath should have you looking damn good once you get it off. Work your chest a lot harder to balance out your shoulders. what about legs? Throw up some legs shots as well.

Thanks Oldfella, i totally agree that at a much lower weight he probably would even look bigger. Legs are such a big part of indication of condition, its important to not hide them( not that they being hidden purposely)

Thanks Oldfella, i totally agree that at a much lower weight he probably would even look bigger. Legs are such a big part of indication of condition, its important to not hide them( not that they being hidden purposely)

not to highjack, but Alex, can you expound on this statement? My legs always look flat and unconditioned when I cut up...never could understand this

Great advice.

Man, dude, you've got to figure out diet yourself - see what works for you. It is just so damn individual. I can tell you that you and I have a similar build (you're a little bigger) and I'm responding well to Cyclical Keto. I do very, very well on fats - all the energy in the world. Some people don't and you might be one of them.

I'm not a pro or vet or anything like that. I can tell you though as an amature competitor (natural orgs until now), I've used low carb diets. I can also say that you might be better off, if you can hit your goals doing so, to eat a more balanced healthful diet.

The best diet advice I can give you is to be meticulously consistent with your eating. I cook all meals on Sunday. I weight everything and individually wrap and freeze the meals. On Sunday night, I can tell you every single thing I will eat for the rest of the week; not only what it is, but why I am eating it.

The point is that after 2 weeks, if things aren't going as I want them to, I know exactly where I am and can control very small dietary changes.

The moral is this: pick something, stick to it and be consistent enough to recognize value added changes.

Just my two cents

QUOTE]

Its individual, here is part of an article from a PhD on the matter, great info and all backed with research (not pulling anything out of his ass):

Individual Differences - Are You Sensitive?

The factors governing your response to different nutritional intakes are pretty diverse, but one major factor I've been focusing on lately is insulin and glucose tolerance. In my mind, insulin sensitivity seems to be the most important factor dictating how the body will handle carbs. For those who have high insulin sensitivity, the body responds to carb intake with small insulin surges. Although the insulin surges are small, the cells are very responsive to that little amount of insulin and do a great job of becoming anabolic. Since lots of insulin can inhibit fat loss, the ideal scenario is to become very insulin sensitive so that only small amounts of insulin are required for anabolism and so that those small amounts of insulin don't prevent fat loss.

In my experience, individuals who have high insulin sensitivity maximize their muscle to fat ratio on diets that are high in carbs and lower in fat (50% carbs, 35% protein, 15% fat). Those with moderate insulin sensitivity tend to do best on diets that are more isocaloric (30% carbs, 40% protein, 30% fat). And those with poor insulin sensitivity do best on diets that are low in carbs (50% protein, 35% fat, 15% carbs).

Insulin Sensitivity -

So the next question is how do you know if you're sensitive or not?
The easiest thing to do is just think about what types of diets you respond to best. If low carb diets work great for you, then you're probably insulin insensitive. If you can eat a lot of carbs and not get fat then you're probably insulin sensitive. If you'd like something more concrete than that, read on.

Some experts use very simplistic recommendations for testing insulin sensitivity, methods I disagree with. For example, I've heard the statement that if you have an apple-shaped physique or if you get sleepy after a carb meal then you're insulin resistant (insensitive). In my opinion, these are way too non-specific and tell you very little about your nutrient needs or if you're making progress.

Instead, I prefer methods that, although more time consuming, are objective. The first is an oral glucose tolerance test. For this you need to go to your local pharmacy and purchase a glucometer, some glucose test strips, and a standard glucose beverage (ask your pharmacist about this because it has to be a specific kind. Pepsi won't work). Once you've got the goods, you'll plan your test.

After going at least 24 hours without exercise (do this test after a day off from training), you'll wake up in the morning (fasted at least 12 hours) and you'll take a blood sample from your finger tip. Write down this number. Then drink your glucose beverage and continue to take blood samples at 15, 30, 60, 90, and 120 minutes. Record all the numbers at each time point. Here's a little chart of what you should expect:

Normal Insulin Sensitivity and Glucose Tolerance Excellent Insulin Sensitivity and Glucose Tolerance
Fasted Blood Glucose <100mg/dl <70mg/dl
Peak Blood Glucose <180mg/dl at peak <130mg/dl
Time to Maximum Blood Glucose Level 30-60 minutes 15-30 minutes
Time Back to Fasted Glucose Level 30-60 minutes 60-90 minutes

The second test that I like to recommend for assessing insulin sensitivity is a fasted glucose and insulin test. For this you need to see your doctor. This test is simply a blood draw in the fasted state. It's easy to do. Just schedule an appointment, the nurse will do a single blood draw, and then the lab will measure the levels of insulin and glucose in your blood at this time. Using one of the following equations, you'll have both an insulin sensitivity score and a pancreatic responsiveness score:

Insulin Sensitivity =

Fasted Insulin (mU/L) / 22.5 x E to the X e-ln(Fasted Glucose (mmol/L))

OR

Fasted Insulin (pmol/L) x (Fasted Glucose (mmol/L) / 135)

Pancreatic Beta Cell Function =

(20 x Fasted Insulin (mU/L)) / (Fasted Glucose (mmol/L)-3.5)

OR

(3.33 x Fasted Insulin (pmol/L) / (Fasted Glucose (mmol/L)-3.5)

If you're not a math whiz or don't own a calculator, have your doctor do the math for you. Remember, you have to go to his office to get the test done in the first place. Once you have these values, compare your numbers to the following to see how sensitive you are:

Insulin Sensitivity

Lower score = more sensitive
Normal insulin sensitivity: score should be below 2
Excellent insulin sensitivity: score will be around 0.5

Pancreatic Beta Cell Function

Higher = better pancreatic function and insulin release
Normal pancreatic function: score should be about 100
Excellent pancreatic function: score will be above 200

Once you've collected these measures, you'll have a better indication of what type of diet you need to consume. I recommend doing these tests at least once every few months to see how your diet and training is impacting your insulin sensitivity.

Let's Get Sensitive!

So let's assume that you've done the tests mentioned above and you weren't happy with the results. You're insulin insensitive and, dammit, you don't like it! Well, instead of resigning yourself to a flabby midsection for the remainder of your days there are some things you can do to increase insulin sensitivity.

Both aerobic and resistance training greatly increase insulin sensitivity through a variety of mechanisms. So include both in your program. I've seen tremendous increases in insulin sensitivity with three to four intense weight training sessions per week lasting 1 to 1.5 hours per session. These sessions should be coupled with at least three or four aerobic sessions lasting 30 minutes per session. To really target insulin sensitivity, you'd want to perform weight training and cardio separately.

In addition, supplements like omega 3 fatty acids, fish oils, alpha-lipoic acid, and chromium can increase insulin sensitivity. I typically recommend starting out with 600 mg of alpha-lipoic acid (ALA) and concentrated fish oils containing a total of six to ten grams of DHA and EPA (the most active omega 3 fats in fish oils).

On the flip side, stimulants like ephedrine and caffeine can decrease insulin sensitivity due to their effects on metabolism. Furthermore, the low carb, high-fat diets that have become popular can also lead to decreased insulin sensitivity. That's why my trainees don't take stimulants or go on no-carb diets (unless they're dieting down for a show and then they'll do occasional no-carb diets every few months for a maximum of three weeks at a time).

So if your insulin sensitivity isn't ideal the first time you measure it, try the approaches I listed above. Then go back after a month or two and re-test. You'll see that the numbers look much better.

Individual Differences - Experimentation

Even though the last section will help you better define where you stand with the insulin issue, probably the most productive way of determining which eating program is best for you is to experiment on yourself. So for eight weeks, I encourage you to follow a 50% carb, 25% protein, and 15% fat diet that exceeds your energy needs (as determined in Part I of this article). During this time, record your gains in terms of muscle mass and fat mass. This will give you a muscle:fat ratio.

Then go back to your normal eating for eight weeks. After those eight weeks, try a new diet of 30% carbs, 40% protein, and 30% fat for eight more weeks. Again record the muscle:fat ratio.

After these 24 weeks you should know which type of diet is more effective for your body type. I know it seems like quite a bit of time to devote to figuring out your eating needs, but assuming that you've been training for years or plan to be training for years to come, 24 weeks is only a small period of time. In addition, the results of your efforts will be applicable for the rest of your life.

Remember, however, that when constructing your eating plan you must realize that just because you're following a diet with 50% carbs, 25% protein, and 15% fat or a diet 30% carbs, 40% protein, and 30% fat, that doesn't mean that each meal is made up of these proportions. In fact, the meals should not all be of these proportions because this will mean undesirable blood levels of fat, carbs, and insulin. So using the techniques I taught you during the meal combination section, design a plan that has different proportions of macronutrients during different meal times but that achieves the optimal proportions of (40-30-30 or 50-25-15) by the end of the day.

Taken from:
**broken link removed**

Great advice.

All you fviss on this forum are awsome. It's nice to know you get honest feedback to a post.

My advice is, there is a guy on this post, Alex A, that will help you. Look him up and ask him about his programs.

not to highjack, but Alex, can you expound on this statement? My legs always look flat and unconditioned when I cut up...never could understand this

I'm no alex but I can tell you that when I work my legs hard I temporarily loose detail. This is why I don't do legs within 4 or 5 days of a show - just some light stuff. Posing bring up more detail than anything in my personal experience. Your mileage may vary.

Just my two cents.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity