advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Metformin article. Seems it is terrible for muscle.

I feel like the thread title should be changed. It's misleading.

I just did 250 mgs of Met SR yesterday morning with breakfast and it kicked my stomach acid up for the first couple meals and appretite was pretty much knocked down all day. I don't know how you guys start on 500 twice daily. Lol.

Lol. Day #2
How the hell do you guys take so much of this stuff? I took 250mgs today with about 90 grams of carbs(prob 25 simple) and 2 hrs later got short of breath, then couldn't even drink water and started shaking horrible. Got out my Omron and BP was 140/85 and pulse of 115. Literally are about 10 TBSP's of natural honey and 30'mins I'm back down to normal. WTF? Sound like a false hypo bc my blood sugar is used to being higher and then it just got lowered? I'm getting a blood sugar testing kit.

Lol. Day #2
How the hell do you guys take so much of this stuff? I took 250mgs today with about 90 grams of carbs(prob 25 simple) and 2 hrs later got short of breath, then couldn't even drink water and started shaking horrible. Got out my Omron and BP was 140/85 and pulse of 115. Literally are about 10 TBSP's of natural honey and 30'mins I'm back down to normal. WTF? Sound like a false hypo bc my blood sugar is used to being higher and then it just got lowered? I'm getting a blood sugar testing kit.

Where did you get your Met? This sounds really strange. I haven't heard of anyone having this happen. I don't feel anything when I take it, other than acid reflux.

Where did you get your Met? This sounds really strange. I haven't heard of anyone having this happen. I don't feel anything when I take it, other than acid reflux.

U.S. Fusion Supply. Is it possible since I just came off a long cycle and was just now feeling norma? Anxiety has been kicked up something fierce after coming off Tren and caber, etc. I've heard that Met blocks B-Vitamins as well?

Metformin DEPLETES coenzyme Q10, an important nutrient for muscle, heart and brain function. AVOID the following herbs: cocoa, kola, rosemary, black tea (can cause hyperglycemia). Use caution with nutrients or herbs that help lower blood sugar, as these can necessitate that your dose of this drug be changed in order to prevent hypoglycemia. These nutrients include: alpha lipoic acid, chromium, biotin, berberine, vanadium, dandelion, ginseng and gymnema sylvestre. You may wish to use natural means to help control your blood sugar and desire to take some of the items listed here: please inform your doctor so that your dosage of your medication can be adjusted as needed!

I take all of these supps on a daily basis in some form. A lot are in my kidney cleanser and didn't know it. Also, still running 250 Test E a week but only been on enth for 2 weeks switching from prop and taking 12.5 aromasin everyday. Possible my E2 is crushed and that's what I was experiencing plus low blood sugar?

Also, WAS taking 10 mg of GW 501516 with it and the above supplements in the morning.

Now looking at it all together it seems like I took about 4 supplements at the same time that are known to drop/regulate blood sugar. Not good

Last edited:
Metformin DEPLETES coenzyme Q10, an important nutrient for muscle, heart and brain function. AVOID the following herbs: cocoa, kola, rosemary, black tea (can cause hyperglycemia). Use caution with nutrients or herbs that help lower blood sugar, as these can necessitate that your dose of this drug be changed in order to prevent hypoglycemia. These nutrients include: alpha lipoic acid, chromium, biotin, berberine, vanadium, dandelion, ginseng and gymnema sylvestre. You may wish to use natural means to help control your blood sugar and desire to take some of the items listed here: please inform your doctor so that your dosage of your medication can be adjusted as needed!

I take all of these supps on a daily basis in some form. A lot are in my kidney cleanser and didn't know it. Also, still running 250 Test E a week but only been on enth for 2 weeks switching from prop and taking 12.5 aromasin everyday. Possible my E2 is crushed and that's what I was experiencing plus low blood sugar?

Also, WAS taking 10 mg of GW 501516 with it and the above supplements in the morning.

Now looking at it all together it seems like I took about 4 supplements at the same time that are known to drop/regulate blood sugar. Not good

Yeah, metformin has inhibitory effects of the mitochondrial respiratory complex I (one) that can lead to insufficient levels of coQ10. Be kind to your mitochondria :)

You're also taking berberine that has inhibitory effects on exemestane. Potentially making your exemestane less effective.

U.S. Fusion Supply. Is it possible since I just came off a long cycle and was just now feeling norma? Anxiety has been kicked up something fierce after coming off Tren and caber, etc. I've heard that Met blocks B-Vitamins as well?

metformin does not usually cause low blood sugar/hypoglycemia. read through the post again as this has all been said a hundred times over. i know. i've posted in some of the threads:

http://www.professionalmuscle.com/f...-experienced-users-metformin-berberine-2.html

http://www.professionalmuscle.com/f...forum/130541-metformin-vs-metformin-sr-2.html

http://www.professionalmuscle.com/forums/2298010-post11.html

last paragraph:
http://www.professionalmuscle.com/forums/hi/2373441-post29.html

Yeah, metformin has inhibitory effects of the mitochondrial respiratory complex I (one) that can lead to insufficient levels of coQ10. Be kind to your mitochondria :)

You're also taking berberine that has inhibitory effects on exemestane. Potentially making your exemestane less effective.

Thx Stewie. Anyway to combat this? I take 200mg of ubiniquil in the morning and I did do HIIT cardio fasted prior to taking MET with my breakfast.

So you think my E2 levels maybe to high? Been emotional, anxious as hell, and mind won't shut down?

I have read everything written on metformin on here over the years but still haven't tried it. That will change soon though as I have some on the way :)

Same for me mate but just read you finally using it ? I don't like the "decrease igf1 and protein synthesis". Then we read that it increase it ?
" Metformin did significantly increase the fractional synthetic rate of muscle protein which increased even further with insulin administration. Both metformin and insulin separately increased the rate of muscle protein synthesis as calculated using three compartment modeling. "

Don't understand.
For John meadows, its a myth like nolva lower the igf1. Yes you guys gonna say me "you're on hgh you increases your igf1 and with aas you increase protein synthesis" YES ok but what about this when I'll stop hgh ?

So many mixed informations.

metformin does not usually cause low blood sugar/hypoglycemia. read through the post again as this has all been said a hundred times over. i know. i've posted in some of the threads:

http://www.professionalmuscle.com/f...-experienced-users-metformin-berberine-2.html

http://www.professionalmuscle.com/f...forum/130541-metformin-vs-metformin-sr-2.html

http://www.professionalmuscle.com/forums/2298010-post11.html

last paragraph:
http://www.professionalmuscle.com/forums/hi/2373441-post29.html

Yeah bro, I've read it a 100 times but when you go into shaking and almost pass out from drinking water bc your exygen feels cut off for too long. reading doesn't help. If you don't think met lowered my blood sugar with the supps I was taking then please by all means explain what happened. That's why I'm asking.

Yeah bro, I've read it a 100 times but when you go into shaking and almost pass out from drinking water bc your exygen feels cut off for too long. reading doesn't help. If you don't think met lowered my blood sugar with the supps I was taking then please by all means explain what happened. That's why I'm asking.

You very well could have went hypo from the list of supplementats you're taking with the Met.

Back off a few of them, or use them very sparingly.

If you're going to use berberine in the mix (which I see no need to if you're taking Met) separate the exemestane from the berberine by 6-7 hours. Or switch to arimidex.

You very well could have went hypo from the list of supplementats you're taking with the Met.

Back off a few of them, or use them very sparingly.

If you're going to use berberine in the mix (which I see no need to if you're taking Met) separate the exemestane from the berberine by 6-7 hours. Or switch to arimidex.

Ok will do. I'm going to drop a few but give it some time before trying MET again. Scratch the berberine I thought it was in the mix but it wasn't. No MET today and feel much better. I'm getting blood work to see where my Test and E2 is. At this point I don't know if it up or down

Rome1, I've heard of those hypo like episodes with GW.[/QUOT

I didn't even think to look at that but now that I've done some research I can see what I did wrong. Wish I would of had a blood glucose monitor. (I will get one) Still going to get rid of some of these supps first before trying again

Rome1, I've heard of those hypo like episodes with GW.

I was just going post about the GW in his mix . I get a lil hypo with GW and a little short of breath while on it although it suppose to increase cardio capacity.

guys I read the whole topic and for those who are well experienced on met, did you notice slower muscle gain while on it ?

I don't understand, since the begening of the topic we read it lower protein synthetis and igf1 and now we read "Metformin did significantly increase the fractional synthetic rate of muscle protein which increased even further with insulin administration. Both metformin and insulin separately increased the rate of muscle protein synthesis as calculated using three compartment modeling. "

So whats the point ? Can we use it and dont take care about this ? I know john meadows use it and dont care about this but maybe john is not interesting to put mass anymore and just improve body comp so...

thanks you ;)

I take 100mg ubiniquil with shilajit fulvic acid and on 500mg Metformin my coQ10 blood test was on the high end.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear