over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Mike VanWyck Back training

juggy38

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
I got down a rabbit hole a couple days ago on youtube and this guys channel. I like him, kinda strong personality, but quite entertaining. BUT, i watched a lot of his back videos, and implemented some of his cues and methods. My back has never been so sore with literally 2/3s of the weight i was using. If you struggle to connect with your back, he does a good job on explaining how to make the back move the weight. My inner back between my scapula is actually sore, which usually only happens when i go full retard on rack pulls.

Go check him out, if you get bored of watching cute cat videos.

He's funny on Fouad's cast. And also has a few good tips here and there.

I’ve actually been watching his training videos recently myself. I guess Google’s algorithms picked up on something and I’ve been fed a daily diet of his videos. I’m a fan of how he goes about his business.

Cage

Anytime I’ve turned on one of his videos he seems to be ragging on someone else’s shit

I like his intentions but his execution and having to slander everyone else in an attempt to drive his point is super childish and exhausting.

This is why John Meadows was the GOAT. His ability to teach without putting others down was unparalleled.

I have seen vids of where Mike talks about his personality and style and knows that he can be more then a little harsh. And talks of how that tends to draw people in. So i am sure some is him and some is theatrics. I find him knowledgeable enough and entertaining, although i tend to fast often forward through his trash talk.

I have NO idea what he's trying to say most of the time. Do viewers really understand most of what he's saying or is more like they think he is guru-like with hidden information? I base this on his IG clips, and some of it I can understand, but not most of it. His pro clients surely weren't aware of all these nuances, but grew anyway. Everyone can get better at execution though, I agree with that. I'd like to see Mike critique Charles Glass' training as Charles uses the machines "wrong" which Mike has said is utterly stupid.

I have NO idea what he's trying to say most of the time. Do viewers really understand most of what he's saying or is more like they think he is guru-like with hidden information? I base this on his IG clips, and some of it I can understand, but not most of it. His pro clients surely weren't aware of all these nuances, but grew anyway. Everyone can get better at execution though, I agree with that. I'd like to see Mike critique Charles Glass' training as Charles uses the machines "wrong" which Mike has said is utterly stupid.

Id imagine its hard understanding based on an IG clip. I don't understand until I've heard and then seen it done. It's made a massive difference for me for both back and chest training.

Id imagine its hard understanding based on an IG clip. I don't understand until I've heard and then seen it done. It's made a massive difference for me for both back and chest training.

Sometimes he explains his views on something like cadence, the importance of NOT straining, how the movement should flow a certain way, and I can't wrap my head arround his reason for it. Then he illustrates how people do something wrong and then how it should done, and sometimes I haven't really seen a difference between the two LOL. I think if Mike critiqued peoples training he would find fault with everything, even, or particularly, the top bodybuilders' training Lol. I see a clip of his and I have 20 questions.

The shortcut channel. That’s how I blew my back up, bulging lats, tyrannosaurus traps, get lats like Yates with half the work and half the genetics. Know how to not work hard and get big. (His intro)

The past few weeks I’ve been doing his F.A.R.T. training - Full Active Range of Tension. Like R.O.M. but felling the tension. Definitely feeling it.

I like his intentions but his execution and having to slander everyone else in an attempt to drive his point is super childish and exhausting.

This is why John Meadows was the GOAT. His ability to teach without putting others down was unparalleled.
this.
I do admit that I can handle him a bit better after he joined Fouad’s group. But I also find his cues and explanations super difficult to understand, especially if you aren’t there. “now rock back, but like this” and shit like that. IMO, the best coaches can put difficult to understand stuff into layman terms. Something easy to understand. And Mike can’t really do that. Even his “training x pro” in person videos, it takes them like 4 sets to even get it or understand wtf Mike is telling them to do. I do think he would be great to work with if someone lived in Canada, but it’s so tough to translate his shit thru video.

Man, his interview with Dave tate is one of my favorites..he’s just a bit of a dick..I can relate to that

Man, his interview with Dave tate is one of my favorites..he’s just a bit of a dick..I can relate to that
I tell people I am a ‘recovering asshole’; am not there yet but trying 😉

Staff online

• pesty4077
    Moderator/ Featured Member / Kilo Klub
  • A50#
    Old School Moderator
  • K1
    Blue-Eyed Devil

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members