over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Milos Sarcev: Phil Heath Is Doing The 2024 Arnold Classic

Phil heath has always been arrogant..that’s nothing new
Without knowing him . . . I think it is in his DNA. I don’t think he is really that way but that is how he unavoidable comes across 🙁

The more fascinating question since we are just dealing in hypotheticals no anyway. Who out there that was always a bridesmaid because their competition was an all-time great, but would still beat everyone now?

mid-90s Flex Wheeler, Levrone? Kai and Bracnh were always dealing with Phil and Jay (though Kai did have some AC wins)

We never got see a non weight capped Flex Lewis, so it is hard to say "peak flex Lewis" would beat X, Y, Z. But I personally think peak Lfex Lewis would have won the '23 Olympia.

I feel like 2018 Rhoden gets forgotten, even though he did dethrone Phile, but because he was never able to compete after then, and then sadly passed away, he is just an "oh yeah Shawn" thing. That physique was one of my all time favorites. Massive ups to Brandon, he deserved the win 2019 as he was the best tht day, but he did get a bit lucky that Shawn had to sit out. All my personal opinion.
I my imagination I believe, like you, a
“peak flex Lewis” would have won the last Mr. O . . . and more. But I am very partial to Flex, think he is one of the most underrated bodybuilders. Pity he is not still competing.

Anybody know why he bailed?

Why? He has nothing left to prove and will probably get beaten by the younger, healthier guys. He could keep doing what he is doing with social media and keep making great money. Same with Chris Bumstead. There really is no reason to risk their health at this point.

I remember when Hadi competed against flex I can’t remember the show but Hadi beat flex hands down although they somehow gave the win to flex. This is when Hadi was first really coming on the scene. It was some show overseas. So no I don’t think prime flex would have won last year. I am sure you could make the argument flex was not in prime physical condition in the show I am referencing but Hadi also wasn’t the same bodybuilder back then.

It was a show in Korea, in 2017

flex was close to untouchable early in his career (1993 arnold and olympia) before he started putting oil in his arms and delts. I don't know why he did it because he already had the best arms back then. His main weakness was glutes and hams but everything else was phenomenal

I think Flex didn't want to train harder, eat more, or take more gear, so his logical conclusion to getting bigger was SEO. He didn't get bigger or better.

The more fascinating question since we are just dealing in hypotheticals no anyway. Who out there that was always a bridesmaid because their competition was an all-time great, but would still beat everyone now?

mid-90s Flex Wheeler, Levrone? Kai and Bracnh were always dealing with Phil and Jay (though Kai did have some AC wins)

We never got see a non weight capped Flex Lewis, so it is hard to say "peak flex Lewis" would beat X, Y, Z. But I personally think peak Lfex Lewis would have won the '23 Olympia.

I feel like 2018 Rhoden gets forgotten, even though he did dethrone Phile, but because he was never able to compete after then, and then sadly passed away, he is just an "oh yeah Shawn" thing. That physique was one of my all time favorites. Massive ups to Brandon, he deserved the win 2019 as he was the best tht day, but he did get a bit lucky that Shawn had to sit out. All my personal opinion.
Wheeler and Levrone are great standouts two of my all time favorites. I'd still rather have Wheelers physique over anyone on the planet and always have, even though he seemed about 20lbs down on the competition I dont care.

I think Flex didn't want to train harder, eat more, or take more gear, so his logical conclusion to getting bigger was SEO. He didn't get bigger or better.

People used to say Paul Dillett was more lazier in the gym compared to the soccer moms who came in just to socialize. Imagine those genetics with Ronnie’s work ethic 😱

I my imagination I believe, like you, a
“peak flex Lewis” would have won the last Mr. O . . . and more. But I am very partial to Flex, think he is one of the most underrated bodybuilders. Pity he is not still competing.

Anybody know why he bailed?
As I am very close to Flex and he spoke about this publically, he knew it was time to pull the plug and focus on family and business. Which his business circles and opportunities outside of BB is TREMENDOUS, which he does not post much about. His gut health became an issue, non stop dealt with nausea, puking etc. He could barely eat (and thats on no gear). He worked with god knows how many doctors, functional medicine guys etc and no one could figure out a damn thing. Bloods were immaculate too. He exhausted every option possible literally. I believe it was God saying for him to move on. I laugh when people accuse him of being on gear if he posts pics of how he looks now, he literally takes nothing lol No doubt in my mind if the stomach was good to go, he would have been Open MR O has he previous beat derek and hadi.

As I am very close to Flex and he spoke about this publically, he knew it was time to pull the plug and focus on family and business. Which his business circles and opportunities outside of BB is TREMENDOUS, which he does not post much about. His gut health became an issue, non stop dealt with nausea, puking etc. He could barely eat (and thats on no gear). He worked with god knows how many doctors, functional medicine guys etc and no one could figure out a damn thing. Bloods were immaculate too. He exhausted every option possible literally. I believe it was God saying for him to move on. I laugh when people accuse him of being on gear if he posts pics of how he looks now, he literally takes nothing lol No doubt in my mind if the stomach was good to go, he would have been Open MR O has he previous beat derek and hadi.
Thank you for the insight. I had literally no idea. I really don’t follow the behind the scenes stuff, interviews, gossip, etc., just look at the fotos.

I hope he is well now.

I did notice that he has an podcast. I listened to his podcast but I found it not to my liking 🙁 (I am a CutlerCast fan. Can’t watch it but I do listen to his podcast.)

And yes, I too believe he could have been Mr. O. He was a (great) freak among freaks.

I have no doubt that Flex Lewis would have battled for the O and either won or finished in the top few guys. That guy was unbelievable. It's sucks we never got to see him battle it out in the open class, but it seems he may have made the smart decision. I had no idea about his digestive issues (I don't know him personally), but remember hearing/reading about his shoulder problems. He was another guy who had to suck down and lose a lot on his look to make the 220's, but still dominated. Guy was something special for us to all watch.

Flex didn't move to the open because he didn't see a chance to beat Phil, Kai, Wolf, Ramy and other guys. But Bonac, who was previously a 212, decided to move to the open and little by little he reached the top, although he stayed in second place.

And Derek and Hadi are going to change the perspective of the 212 guys, as well as other guys like Clarida and Calderon who have won shows in the open.

Big Ramy from 2013-2018 would destroy today's lineup easily and he barely made it to second in 2017, that shows you how competitive it was back then with guys like Phil, Jay, Kai, Dennis, Branch, Dex, Shawn Rhoden, Vic Martinez and others were around who at their prime could easily win the Olympia now.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131