over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Minimum caloric surplus for growth.

Thebigone

Kilo Klub Member
I know a lot of this will depend on genetics and how you train and how much gearGH you use but I'm wondering what the minimum caloric surplus is needed for a "true" lean bulk. In the past three months I have been dieting and went from 260 pounds 17% body fat to 240 pounds 12-13% body fat. i'm pretty happy where I am at now and I'd like to do a small 6 to 8 week blast to add some muscle but every time I do this in the past I end up going overboard and pack on so much water I don't really know what's water or fat, etc. i've been maintaining at around 2800 cal so I'm thinking adding another 500 to 1000 cal and increasing gear a little bit would be sufficient but I'm wondering from your personal experience what is the minimum calorie surplus you have found can add lean muscle without body fat?

If you are in a surplus you will have extra calories that can be used for muscle growth. So if your concern is gaining body fat, then i'd start on the low end at 500 and evaluate at the end of each week. If your weight doesn't change increase slightly (around 250 cal or so I'd say). I have found that you will always gain some body fat when bulking, unless you are a true ectomorph possibly, but you can certainly keep it in check keeping the calories in check.

Well as you probably know, with added muscle, is going to come added fat.

What bf% are you wanting to stay in roughly? I'd suggest just keeping intake at 2800kcal + add additional protein and go from there to start.

I'd go with adding the 250 calories a week from maintenance and see how that works out for you...Good job on the cut bf% by the way brother...

Well as you probably know, with added muscle, is going to come added fat.

What bf% are you wanting to stay in roughly? I'd suggest just keeping intake at 2800kcal + add additional protein and go from there to start.

I would like to stay where I am at now. I think I may add just 50 g of protein and 50g more carbs and go from there.

You don't have to have a caloric surplus, I've always grown my best in prep hands down

There's no one best answer to this question IMO...too many factors come into play...what your macro breakdown been like? How insulin sensitive are you? do you increase Pro, fat, or carbs first or at what ratio??? I'd say a decent generic starting place would be an exxtra 3-500 cals/ day....focused mostly around the training window...In my experience to stay lean while you bulk, unless you're rebounding...is to proportionately increase your AAS to your diet...For instance along with your 500 cals/day maybe increase your anabolics or test by 100-200 mgs....at some point we have to progressively increase things to keep making progress...when depends on how advanced you are

I can eat 4-500 cals above surplus before I notice bloating and water retention. I don't put on fat easily, but I do notice some fat when I eat more than like 500 cals above matinenance.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonyfits
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131