over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

More Innacurate & Irresponsible News Coverage

Coopie

Registered
Okay Guys and Girls - Get ready...

This is Front Page New York Times and it's riddled with half-truths, complete falsehoods, shoddy reporting, innuendo, and lacks any fact checking. Not suprisingly, this type of reporting has become the norm with respect to America's new obsession: Blaming steroids for all of society's ills.

There is a one sentence quote from Rick Colling burried deep within the article that is supposed to provide "balance" to this otherwise heavily slanted story. Does anyone really feel that one sentence offsets three colums of contrary opinion?

Seriously folks - it's enough to make your head explode! Read with caution...

March 10, 2005
BEYOND BALCO
After a Young Athlete's Suicide, Steroids Are Called the Culprit
By DUFF WILSON

ACAVILLE, Calif. - Brenda Marrero came upon her son Efrain surfing the Internet one day last October. When Efrain hid what was on the screen, she asked what he had been looking at. He turned and said he wanted to tell her something: He was using steroids.

She called her husband, Frank, and they told Efrain he needed to stop, because steroids are dangerous.

"But Barry Bonds does it," his parents remember Efrain saying.

"That doesn't make it right," his father responded.

To please his parents, Efrain retrieved a dozen pink pills, a vial of liquid and two syringes. His mother flushed the pills and kept the vial. Efrain, who played football, promised to stop using steroids. It was a promise that no one doubts he kept.

Three and a half weeks later, Mrs. Marrero found Efrain in a bedroom at home, a bullet in his head, a .22-caliber pistol in his hand. He left no explanation for his suicide. He had no history of depression or mental illness. He was 19.

"We didn't see it coming," Mrs. Marrero said, crying. "We were absolutely devastated."

Not until weeks later did the Marreros learn that their son had been surrounded by steroids; his sister's boyfriend, co-workers at the mall and other weight lifters at his gym used steroids. And when Efrain went off to the College of the Siskiyous, he joined a football team in which a number of players were using steroids, three former teammates said.

And not until they learned what steroid withdrawal can do to a teenager's hormones did the Marreros find a plausible explanation for Efrain's suicide: the family, their doctor and their friends think that Efrain fell into an abyss from having suddenly stopped using steroids.

Two previous suicides had been attributed by parents to steroid use by young athletes: Rob Garibaldi, 24, of Petaluma, Calif., in 2002, and Taylor Hooton, 17, of Plano, Tex., in 2003. The athletes, both baseball players, died shortly after they stopped using steroids.

At a time of increasing concern about the use of steroids by young athletes and the long-term health risks associated with the drugs, the three suicides, while extreme, have underscored for many medical experts the short-term risks linked to withdrawal from steroids.

Donald Hooton Sr., Taylor's father, is scheduled to be among the witnesses discussing steroid use by teenagers at a hearing today of Congressional health and consumer protection subcommittees. Mr. Hooton and Mr. Garibaldi's parents have also been invited to testify on baseball's steroids policy before the House Committee on Government Reform on March 17, and the Marreros said they planned to attend.

Many medical experts suspect that other teenage suicides have been connected to the cessation of steroid use, because adolescents are especially vulnerable to hormonal swings. But the link has not been proved. For ethical reasons, researchers cannot design a medical study that would try to induce depression in someone using a steroid by taking him off the drug.

Medical experts said, however, that there is persuasive anecdotal evidence and a reasonable biological explanation for a connection. When someone takes steroids, the body suppresses its natural production of testosterone. After a person stops, it takes weeks or months to produce normal levels again, leaving some but not all people vulnerable to profound mood changes.

"Efrain stopped, just like we asked him to," Mrs. Marrero said. "And I believe he spiraled into a severe depression. We didn't know this at the time, but we're finding out the thing to do is not go off them cold turkey like that. And I believe that is what happened: steroids killed my son."

Mr. Marrero's suicide occurred in a region where the steroids scandal involving the Bay Area Laboratory Co-Operative has dominated news coverage for more than a year. In San Francisco, about 50 miles southwest of Vacaville, federal prosecutors are preparing to go to trial in the Balco case, in which four men, including Barry Bonds's personal trainer, have been charged with conspiracy to distribute steroids.

And in Sacramento, 35 miles east of Vacaville, Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger has admitted that he used steroids during his long career as a bodybuilder. Mr. Schwarzengger says young people should never take steroids, but he has been fighting with the Legislature over whether high schools should be encouraged to ban the use of legal substances like creatine that are suspected of having performance-enhancing effects.

'That Stuff Is Everywhere'

The Marreros moved to this clean, friendly town when Efrain was 10 years old. Frank Marrero is a pilot for United Airlines based in San Francisco and a colonel in the Air Force Reserve. The family picked Vacaville for the quality of life and the schools. "Everything we ever did," he said, "we did for our kids."

Efrain Marrero lived with his father, mother, a younger sister and baby brother in a four-bedroom house with vaulted ceilings. Together, they ate meals, played in the backyard near the pool, attended church and took vacations.

He turned 14 the year Mark McGwire hit 70 home runs, and pretty soon he asked his parents if he could use creatine, an amino acid that helps build muscle mass. Creatine, he observed, was sold in health food stores. And a lot of teenagers used it. But his parents said no.

Mr. Marrero, who was always one of the biggest boys in his class, grew to be 6 feet 1 inch and 270 pounds. He played offensive line for four years at Vacaville High School.

Daniel Shirar, a friend and fellow lineman on the high school team, said he thought Mr. Marrero had tried creatine. "But he wasn't on it constantly, like I was," Mr. Shirar said.

Mr. Marrero also talked to his friends about androstenedione, a steroid precursor used by McGwire. "He said it's a legal steroid you can buy, and you rub it on and it makes your fat go away," said Rob Cullinan, Mr. Marrero's best friend. "He was always big and fast, but he always wanted an edge."

Mr. Marrero also talked about steroids with Erik Svendsen, the boyfriend of his sister, Erika. Mr. Svendsen said in an interview that he had injected himself with steroids to bulk up for football his senior year at Vacaville High School.

Mr. Svendsen said that he had sold some veterinary steroids from Mexico to Mr. Marrero about two years ago, but that he thought Mr. Marrero had sold them to someone else.

Mr. Svendsen talked about this, he said, to help the grieving Marrero family understand what had happened. "I could say I didn't, but anything I can do to help them, I will," he said. "They are a wonderful, wonderful family. Big-hearted people."

Shown a picture of the vial of liquid that Mr. Marrero had given to his parents, Mr. Svendsen said it contained about 8 milliliters, or about two weeks of usage. The Olympic Analytical Laboratory at U.C.L.A. tested the contents of the vial for The New York Times; it contained methandienone, a powerful steroid that is also known as dianabol.

"That stuff is everywhere here," Mr. Svendsen said. "It's pretty easy to get if you know the right people at the gym and stuff. You can pretty much look at people and know who to talk to."

Dan Garcia, a bodybuilder, sold steroids for about two years to a network of people at Gold's Gym, Solano Community College and other places in the Vacaville area. He was arrested in 2001 for selling drugs, pleaded guilty and served about six months in jail. Mr. Garcia said in interviews that he had not known Mr. Marrero, but that Mr. Marrero would have had no trouble finding steroids in Vacaville.

Mr. Svendsen said that despite having sold steroids to Mr. Marrero, he had not known that Mr. Marrero was using the drugs until Mr. Marrero died. And he said he had never seen an unlabeled vial like the one Mr. Marrero gave to his parents.

"They're all labeled," Mr. Svendsen said. "Anyone who would buy a bottle like that wouldn't know what they were getting."

After Mr. Marrero's death, his sister, who is captain of the cheerleading squad at Vacaville High, broke up with Mr. Svendsen, her boyfriend of two years.

"I couldn't forgive him, because I thought he had some contribution to it," Erika Marrero said. Four months after her brother's suicide, she wipes tears from her eyes. "It's hard. You start to realize he's really gone."

Plenty of Company

"I don't think we have a problem here," said Ed Santopadre, the football coach at Vacaville High, "but you know, I'd be the last to know. They'd try to keep it from me."

Mr. Santopadre said he was perplexed by Mr. Marrero's use of steroids, describing him as a nice young man and a talented player.

"He was quick, big, strong and hit like a truck," Mr. Santopadre said. "Why? That's what I don't understand. Why? He didn't need them."

Mr. Marrero was recruited to play football in 2002 at the College of the Siskiyous, a two-year college in a small town 250 miles north of Vacaville. He joined a family friend, Casey Lee, who was a receiver and co-captain of the Siskiyous Eagles. Casey is the son of Mike Lee, who had coached Mr. Marrero in Pop Warner football, and Cathy Lee, who is Brenda Marrero's best friend.

The Siskiyous football program was awash in steroids, former players said.

"I don't want to badmouth my school, but there were at least a dozen people I know of who were on steroids," Casey Lee said.

Mr. Marrero hurt his knee and did not play his freshman year, but he stayed on the roster and attended practices.

Mr. Lee said at least 10 players had been injecting steroids and were open about it. "To the point where they were driving all the way from Northern California to Mexico to get it and then sell it," he said. "It was in-your-face. It was easy to get. It was not looked on as a big deal. Coaches didn't see it. I don't know if they wanted to or not."

Matt Ledbetter, another co-captain, said: "I personally knew of seven or eight people that were doing it. At a drop of the hat, you could get it from any of them."

The players said athletes at junior colleges, like those in high schools, are well aware that they will not be tested for steroids. Henry Ochs, a lineman at Siskiyous, said some players had taken steroids during the summer to bulk up. "I wouldn't say a lot," Mr. Ochs said. "I'd probably say 8 or 9 people in a 70-person team used them."

Dennis Roberts, the athletic director at Siskiyous who was the head football coach when Mr. Marrero was there, said he was "really, really surprised" to hear what former players had to say about steroids.

"It seems like somehow the coaching staff would have known about it," he said. Mr. Roberts said the college tests athletes for recreational drugs, but not for steroids, because of the additional cost. "If we suspected something, we would not let it go," he said, adding that Mr. Lee and Mr. Ledbetter, the former co-captains, were extremely credible. "They wouldn't make up anything that didn't really happen," he said.

Clues Begin to Emerge

Mr. Marrero left the college after one year, telling friends it was too remote. He lived with his family, worked at several local stores and enrolled at Solano Community College, near home.

He could not play football because of poor grades, but he hit the gym and planned to play the following year. He talked about his competition being bigger than ever. By then, his friends were certain he was taking steroids.

"He showed me what he was taking, and it was a lot more than anybody else," Kenny Groen, a friend from Vacaville, said.

When he confessed to his parents, Mr. Marrero said he had been taking steroids for six months, but his parents and friends think it was longer than that, perhaps years. They had seen a change in his physique - less fat, more muscle - and he had started wearing tighter clothes. His parents noticed mood swings, too, but they chalked it up to adolescence.

At one point, Mrs. Marrero confronted her son. "I said, 'Are you on steroids?' " she said. "He said, 'No, Mom.' Then he looked at me and said, 'Mom, why would you even ask me that?' I said, 'You're getting so big.' He said, 'That's what happens when you go to the gym every day. You get big when you work out.' "

Early last fall, Mr. Marrero told his mother he was feeling a little paranoid; he thought people were staring at him, laughing at him.

"I told him he was just looking really good," Mrs. Marrero said. "But like I told Frank, now I think I was just feeding the addiction to steroids."

Help Proves Elusive

Experienced users sometimes take fertility drugs at the end of their cycles of steroids to jumpstart their natural production of testosterone and avoid the psychological crash that can accompany the cessation of steroid use.

"You're left with very low testosterone levels, which can affect the chemicals in the brain, which control mood, and these people can very often become very depressed and suicidal," said Dr. Edward L. Klaiber of Worcester, Mass., a leading researcher and endocrinologist. "I've had a number of steroid-using adolescents who have expressed suicidal thoughts."

Dr. Kurt J. Brower, a steroids expert with the Department of Psychiatry and the Addiction Research Center at the University of Michigan, said, "The time of highest risk is 3 to 12 weeks after withdrawal."

Rick Collins of Carle Place, N.Y., a lawyer who defends people accused of selling or using steroids, said he had known hundreds of users and that none had committed suicide. "It's certainly not the typical result of steroid use, and to present it as such is disingenuous," he said.

Frank Marrero had consulted the family's longtime physician, Dr. Robert A. Varady, about Efrain. Dr. Varady assured him that the steroids would gradually leave Efrain's system, and he recommended counseling.

"So I thought, O.K., we talked to the doctor," Mrs. Marrero said. "We tried to do everything right."

Dr. Varady said in an interview that he had not known what dose Mr. Marrero had been taking. He said he knew that stopping a high dose of steroids could result in deep depression. "But I'm definitely not on the cutting edge of bodybuilding abuse of steroids," Dr. Varady added.

Mrs. Marrero responded, "If you don't know, say you don't know and you will find out, because you're a doctor."

Mr. Marrero had set up a counseling session at his parents' urging. He never made it. He shot himself the day before.

"It's really such a shocker," Cathy Lee, Mrs. Marrero's friend, said. "Knowing Efrain, he was so caring, that's why I know something in his mind was altered. He just wouldn't have done that to his family, caused that kind of pain."

"Efrain stopped, just like we asked him to," Mrs. Marrero said. "And I believe he spiraled into a severe depression. We didn't know this at the time, but we're finding out the thing to do is not go off them cold turkey like that. And I believe that is what happened: steroids killed my son."

Statements don't get much dumber than that.

USMuscle9403 said:

Statements don't get much dumber than that.

i dont know why i am still alive.
i use nothing right now for a past 5 months and i am not deprest.its so dum to state something like that.steroids killed my son.
why it doesnt kills us :confused:
why we are not depressed when we off.
its so many WHY's
and its is a easy to blame something like this.

As I get older, I can see more of the game the Government plays...

As I have gotten older.. Im more and more pissed off at our inept form of government. It is more big brother and mind control .... These stories get the thumbs up from the government. ...(those who dont think that the government controls the press is SADLY mistaken) All this press about steroids and baseball,, Michael Jackson, Martha Stewart.. is a facade.. its to get your mind off the war! Thats it! Some of you may think Im a nut.. but the hypocrasy of the democracy is basically all you have.

Me and you on this board.. if we got busted for steroids.. we would be taken full extent of the law.. have all kinds of news stories about us.. making us look like we prey on society..etc. But if Barry Bonds happens to fail a steroid test.. he would be suspended 10 games.. no jail.. no indictment from the law....Hypocrasy

Last year... we had over 18,000 murders in this country!
Last year... we had over 60,000 cars stolen in this country!
Last year... we had over 30,000 reported cases of rape in this country!
Last year... we had over 10,000 reported cases of child abuse
Last year... we had over 20,000 armed robberies in this country...

So.. our government drew the line.. and got tough on crime!!! And the press was allowed to make whatever they wanted of it.. They took that lying woman Martha Stewart and sentenced her for 5 months in a minimum security prison. WOW! again the hypocrasy of your democracy!

It isnt any better with Democrats or Republicans.. or Conservatives or Liberals.. its our crooked government! It oppresses the whole world. Mostly its own citizens.. So.. these steroid stories will be coming out of the woodwork like crazy.. and these so-called "responsible" parents will blame drugs for their inept and their inability to rear a child! And most of the public will suck it up because they cannot comprehend that oppression is a bad thing.. and oppressing people by "saving" them is bad no matter what.. like "saving them from the evil steroids" But cigarettes and alcohol which is the real culprits of millions of deaths and sicknesses and misery.. remains legal. But they have to tell us to drink responsibly.. but for some reason we are incapable of using pot, or steroids responsibly... hmmmm is it that the government makes money from this?

Just my rant!

Taz

i like hard evidence they presented: 'two previous suicides had been attributed by parents to steroid use'

i also like how the kid that sold it to him looked at the bottle, 8mls with no label on it, and said 'oh, thats about 2 weeks worth'. that fucker is either dumb as hell, or knew exactly what was in that bottle cause he sold it to him.

big_byrd52 said:
i like hard evidence they presented: 'two previous suicides had been attributed by parents to steroid use'

i also like how the kid that sold it to him looked at the bottle, 8mls with no label on it, and said 'oh, thats about 2 weeks worth'. that fucker is either dumb as hell, or knew exactly what was in that bottle cause he sold it to him.

no, they sent it to the lab and it came back as dbol.. that's how he arrived at that conclusion

this kid obviously had mental and emotional problems, cuz you don't get to the point of suicide if your completely sane to begin with

so this probably would've happened anyway, even if he hadn't used those "evil" roids

alpha-longhorn said:
no, they sent it to the lab and it came back as dbol.. that's how he arrived at that conclusion

well every bottle I've seen of reforvit b has been 25mg/ml, so how is 8ml of that 2 weeks worth?

alpha-longhorn said:

he was shown a pic, made that claim. i read it as he made that assertion, then the test results came back it was dbol

I would never expect a kid with no job and no lady that just flunked out of school and is living with his parents to shoot himself. What a shocker!

u have to understand though....

that many people in this world have no experience, no credible knowledge base, and no vicarious experience with others either. Im sure many if not most knows or at least has talked to somebody that has tried pot. Not to say that I am but most of society has no knowledge but what ESPN and the news puke out, and if people put much credibility in these news programs what do u think they r going to believe. People need to find causality, we all do especially when there is a sudden outcome that we cannot explain why. Instead of acknowlegding the fact their son could have had previous depression or signs of suicide, they automatically blame the first thing they can because is it easier to do. Not to look at possible external issues (look it up pyschology theories of attribution). In this time there is going to be statements and the bandwagon will continue but u have to understand that people go with what they know, thats how we make decisions, if u dont know u assume sometimes. And now is the perfect time to bring this out and add to this nice bonfire of material, cause its popular and u know people are going to read it. Media gives u what u want and trys to make a statement and if it aggravates u theyve done there job. There will more statments and blames and causes but that is this day and age will it stop who knows but until then be educated "knowledge is power"
gooey

if you kill yourself because you can't handle the way you look off of AAS then you aren't exactly playing with a full deck to start. I mean damn, if you look at your life a little closer there are much better reasons to kill yourself.

Hey where were the parents on this one? Its sounds like the kid was really depressed and they acted to late and need someone to blame. Basically it sounds like they let there son slowly slip away until he killed himself. Bottom line, Hey we didn't fail our son, its the steriods that killed him. Please wake up. Sounds like the media's biast(sp?) slant is all over this one!!

Last edited:
Tazzy1 said:
All this press about steroids and baseball,, Michael Jackson, Martha Stewart.. is a facade.. its to get your mind off the war! Thats it! Some of you may think Im a nut.. but the hypocrasy of the democracy is basically all you have.

Me and you on this board.. if we got busted for steroids.. we would be taken full extent of the law.. have all kinds of news stories about us.. making us look like we prey on society..etc. But if Barry Bonds happens to fail a steroid test.. he would be suspended 10 games.. no jail.. no indictment from the law....Hypocrasy

I have to disagree here. Iraq is still getting a lot of coverage. It's the bad
news mostly as most of the good news over there is ignored. As far as the
drug laws are concerned it's not just Congress. I hear from people all the
time about how steroids are dangerous because that's what they hear
on cBS, and the other big networks. Even Bill O'Reilly was ranting about
steroids and creatine (?) on his show last month, claiming that Mark
Mcgwire's body "fell apart" because of steroids. Millions of people saw
that show and naturally some of them will petition Congress to do something
about the perceived problem. This is democracy in action. The problem is
that in order for a democracy to function the voters must have a clue
on what the hell they are talking about. Too many voters are too damn
lazy to find out what the facts are and because of this stupid and unjust
laws get passed. You're better off blaming your neighbors for the drug laws
and not Congress. Members of Congress are most interested in pleasing
the unwashed masses rather than making good legislation.

billbomb -

Close, but no cigar! Congress, legislatures in general, are interested in one and ONLY one thing: POLITICAL EXPEDIENCE. It takes years to really solve a problem, but the symptoms of a deeper problem can easily be masked seemingly overnight. That's what our political system rewards.

If you live long enough, you see it all. The present administration has spent hundreds of millions of dollars planting "news" stories as well as having paid legitimate news-persons to take a specific side on a sotry and report it from that angle. This is unprecedented in our nation's history. But, it is not unprecedented in terms of world history, i.e. Mao, Hitler, Castro, an countless other leaders have used the media to supress opposition and to distract from the core issues at play.

In our society, with a modern-day Vietnam occuring right before our eyes, the highest personal bankruptcy levels in history, unprecedented government debt (the interest on our nations' debt is $3 billion PER DAY - that's just the interest), and near record unemployment ask yourself why any politician would care about Major League Baseball. It's distraction my friends.

Our country is on the verge of implosion. We're losing 22 soldiers per day on average and people seem to have forgotten why we're in Iraq in the first place - anyone remember WMD's??? We're not even looking anymore - there never were any, the White House admitted that in the Washington Post (2/27/05).

Political expedience - it's easier to convey Congress to talk about the "steroid problem" in baseball than it is to get our troops back to the USA, or to bring Kenneth Lay to trial, or to provide food and shelter for all citizens, or to rein in government spending...

Im sticking to my guns.. I dont think that the war is getting the coverage that it once was.. this war is going on longer and longer and its going to lose its backing by the American public.. so they need to put out other "villians". Look at CNN.. last week the whole day was spent on Michael Jackson showing up to court late and in his pajamas.. they talked about it all day showed the coverage over and over and over.. analyzed it to death.. then the next day it was the guy in the Atlanta courtroom having a meltdown and shooting the people.. then over the weekend he was caught.. and all day on Sunday.. CNN reporters were looking at the live scene analyzing.. and all I heard is..."what are they doing now"? Riveting... unfortuneatly the same people that can sit and watch this hype are the same people that get off watching paint dry or houseflies f*ck..

You mean there is nothing else in this world happening besides these two idiots??

As for the congress sticking their asshole noses in this baseball steroid thing.. its just PR and trying to get into the favor of the ignorant American public.. Trying to "save our children" from the evils of steroids..

You have to be a complete moron to not know that steroids has been involved in Professional baseball and football for a long time now. Now that turncoat Jose Conseco writes this book.. the ignorant american public now knows and we are all frightened by these dangerous drugs.. where were these asshole congressmen 10 years ago?

I can go to my local liqour store or convenience store and go to the trashcans and pick out 10-15 empy cigarette packs from teens.. and hundreds of butts.. but.. I wont find any syringes.. or foil tabs from pills... hmmm.. where is the real evil? I wonder when some of the State governors will start speaking out against the evils of steroids.. Bet it wont start in California..

I like Arnold too.. but here is a chance for someone that can really speak out against the ignorance.. and we all know that he knows what is fact and what is fiction.. and he wont do it..

Many medical experts

I'm not sure agree that article is full of lies. After all, most of the text is quotes and the article cites the person's name who said what they said. I agree the whole thing is pretty foolish. I just don't agree the story is reported falsely.

The most troubling statement to me is this one:

"Many medical experts suspect that other teenage suicides have been connected to the cessation of steroid use, because adolescents are especially vulnerable to hormonal swings. But the link has not been proved. For ethical reasons, researchers cannot design a medical study that would try to induce depression in someone using a steroid by taking him off the drug."

A decent article would cite the experts instead of just invoking their existence. Also, it seems contradictory to state that there is such dramatic steroid usage among kids and then to find only three suicides. T

The statement that its not ethical to induce depression is true. However, that doesn't mean this topic couldn't be studied. We seem to have done a nice job identifying many causes of birth defects without inducing them in an unethical controlled study.

Tazzy1 said:
Im sticking to my guns.. I dont think that the war is getting the coverage that it once was.. this war is going on longer and longer and its going to lose its backing by the American public.. so they need to put out other "villians".

There are a lot of good things now happening in Iraq and the media
usually only reports the negative events. There is still plenty of coverage.

Tazzy1 said:
Look at CNN.. last week the whole day was spent on Michael Jackson showing up to court late and in his pajamas.. they talked about it all day showed the coverage over and over and over.. analyzed it to death.. then the next day it was the guy in the Atlanta courtroom having a meltdown and shooting the people.. then over the weekend he was caught.. and all day on Sunday.. CNN reporters were looking at the live scene analyzing.. and all I heard is..."what are they doing now"? Riveting... unfortuneatly the same people that can sit and watch this hype are the same people that get off watching paint dry or houseflies f*ck..

You mean there is nothing else in this world happening besides these two idiots??

You make it sound like this is unusual. The media has always played up
stories to this degree but now because of CNN, FOX and other cable
networks you will now see it 24 hours a day. Remember when the OJ
Simpson story got non-stop coverage for over 6 months? Even
"respectable" journalist were spending most of their time covering that
story.

Tazzy1 said:
As for the congress sticking their asshole noses in this baseball steroid thing.. its just PR and trying to get into the favor of the ignorant American public.. Trying to "save our children" from the evils of steroids..

I agree that Congress should not be involved in the baseball steriod issue
since that's the domain of the DEA. The DEA already has the power
to investigate baseball players under current laws. I don't think this
issue was created by Congress. Congress is overreacting to what they
think their voters want. I've never hear a parent say that they wanted their
kids to take steroids or other drugs so I don't think anyone can say that
steroids are a nonissue to the public. The issue has been overblown
by the lastest news with BALCO and now apeman's book.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
commonplaceconsulting
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131