over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

More sad news...

Max32

Registered
Sorry if this has already been posted, but Dan Puckett, 22 yr old up and coming bbuilder, winner of the 2006 National Teenage and Collegiate Championships heavyweight division, died Wednesday morning. Here is a link to the story:
http://insidebodybuilding.blogspot.com/

Shit that's a shame, so young and looked to have a bright future ahead of him! RIP BRO!

i agree it is always sad when a young person passes premature

Damn he was young. RIP

This friggen sux. Hate to hear about things like this. So young.. younger than me. I really hope this doesnt turn out to be bodybuilding drug related...

a friend of his on another board said that he had a large tear in his groin.. if you remember he told his roomate that he had injuried himself.. apparently sometime in the next 24 hours he passed a clot..
when i tore my quad many years ago, i went straight to the hospital and the main concern of the sports doc was the potential of clots forming.. i also remember coming out of the surgery and the doc telling me that it took much longer than expected because of the amount of clots he felt needed to be removed.. i am sure we will hear more soon..

i also remember coming out of the surgery and the doc telling me that it took much longer than expected because of the amount of clots he felt needed to be removed..

You have to remember in addition to risking clots from an injury, anyone who uses gear that their chances increase greatly of getting one, especially with an injury. Anyone choosing gear should be taking aspirin daily and donating blood every other month IMO. Not saying this would not happen with a none gear user either. I had a few women on my cas eload recently have to go to the hospital for blood clots in legs.after a minor injury. There are many factors that increase it. For these women they both smoked and took birth control, which increased their chances in addition to the injury.

RIP, to this young man.

Last edited:
You have to remember in addition to risking clots from an injury, anyone who uses gear that their chances increase greatly of getting one, especially with an injury. Anyone choosing gear should be taking aspirin daily and donating blood every other month IMO. Not saying this would not happen with a none gear user either.

This is excellent advice. I have been an advocate of an aspirin a day for gear users for a long time and this is why I am not a fan of greatly elevated RBCs. Elevated RBC only increase the possibility of this happening.

A life lost much too young. RIP.

While I wouldn't advocate taking asprin on a daily basis, donating blood is a great idea. Very sad news, and may he rest in peace.

Last edited:

Now you've opened up a can of worms, LOL! Personally, I just feel that we are putting enough stress on our body and adding one more drug that taxes the liver is the last thing we need.

People in general take painkillers, specifically NSAIDS, like they are candy. In fact I believe that there is a huge portion of the population which abuse them, and I think that in general people are ignorant to the potential side effects of their use, specifically long-term and with 'abuse', and the toll it takes on your liver. We are taking these painkillers for the most basic things - I am sore from my workout, aspirin! I have a small headache, aspirin! I twisted my ankle getting out of the car, aspirin! I have a moderate headache - three aspirin! Etc, etc, etc.

This is coming from someone who thinks we use drugs for way too many things in todays society. There is a drug for everything, and no one is concerned with the potential side effects, as REAL as they are. I haven't taken any antibiotics or pain medications for at least six years, minus the one occassion where I strained my neck somehow and literally could not move.

Anyhow, I don't want to pollute this thread with anything other then respects for the deceased, but we can always open a new thread!

You have to remember in addition to risking clots from an injury, anyone who uses gear that their chances increase greatly of getting one, especially with an injury. Anyone choosing gear should be taking aspirin daily and donating blood every other month IMO. Not saying this would not happen with a none gear user either. I had a few women on my cas eload recently have to go to the hospital for blood clots in legs.after a minor injury. There are many factors that increase it. For these women they both smoked and took birth control, which increased their chances in addition to the injury.

RIP, to this young man.

Couldn't we seek other alternatives to aspirin such as high dose EPA/DHA fish oil and bromelain for the reasoning of blood thinning to prevent potential clotting issues?

i agree with everything you say dragonfire but, just for the record ;) when i rutured my quad i was not on gear at all.. even then, the bleeding was aweful.. i can not imagine what it might have been like with a high red blood cell count..

Yes I agree this is very sad news

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
GFly
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner