over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

More shitty bloodwork WTF!!! HDL/LDL

GoneForever

Banned
OK so a month ago I got bloodwork done and these were the results.\total cholest 189 range is 100-199
cholst/hdl ratio 8.2 range 0-5
Triglycerides 94 range is 0-149
HDL 23 range is 40-59
LDL 147 range is 0-99

RBC 6.1 range 4.1-5.6
Hemoglobin 17.3 range 12.5-17
Hematocrit 51.3 range 36-50
RDW 16.5 range 11.7-15

On hrt and 4iu's gh with 200mg primo ace ^^^ when this was taken.

So I recently gave blood, added a ton of cholsesterol meds(red yeast,naicin,over 10g omega oils,everything,...) also dropped the primo to 100mg for the last 2weeks and just went off it completely about 5days ago. Just got new results yesterday

cholest 166 range is 100-199
cholst/hdl ratio is 6 range 0-5
Triglycerides 115 range is 0-149
HDL 27 range is 40-59
LDL 116 range is 0-99

RBC 6.04 range 4.1-5.6
Hemoglobin 17.9 range 12.5-17
Hematocrit 51.9 range 36-50
RDW 15.6 range 11.7-15

So I dont get it. I know its only been a month, so the ldl drop is pretty good I guess, but my damn HDL is always low. Anything I should do? And my hemo,hema,rdw are always a bit on the high side too and I just gave blood a month ago.

cardio and fish oil to get the HDL up.

Can you give double red cells when you give blood? They take 2 times the red cells and replace your own plasma vs. normal donation

You got to give it more time. After only a month that is a a decent improvement considering the gear is not even out of your system.

Oldfella mentioned krill oil in a post awhile back and I have been using it ever since. Had my blook work done last week and total cholesterol was 140 with my HDL and a new personal high of 52! Two months ago it was 210 with HDL at 24 (had just finished cycle).

no offense bro, but you call that shitty blood work.. my bloodwork a year ago was total cholesterol of over 400, tri's in the 300's and an HDL of 4. I've improved it alot by dropping the carbs out of my diet, you need to hit the cardio hard. I mean in the 85% of MHR range or greater. This low intensity cardio doesn't do anything or at least not what people think. You'll need to make a decision at some point of whether you want to be enhanced and big or smaller and healthy.

nolva will help the profile a bit but, really need to give it more time.. dont overdue the fishoils.. 3-4 grams a day will do fine and niacin at about 1500mgs.. keep at it and have it taken 3 months from now..

I may just not use the nolva and stick with the natural stuff. I'm taking the 1g flax oil gels and it says to take 1-3gels 1-3x per day. Also using an omega3,6,9 blend gel caps. I'll also look into that krill oil. Whats wrong with taking to much flax oil?

Whats wrong with taking to much flax oil?

Polyunsaturated fats spoil very quickly both inside and outside the body, whats does this mean? They go bad, fast, once they spoil they oxidize and produce tons of free radicals which can greatly increase the risk of cancer.

I think Lats is right, give it more time.

If you want to be healthy, cardio, fish oil, careful eating.

Ghostdog mentioned choices. I think I could be much bigger if I took a lot of supplements, ate a lot of food and did no cardio. I have been much heavier than I am now, so I know this is a fact. However, my blood pressure was too high and my bloodwork sucked. I couldn't justify continuing doing things the same way after I got those results. You might want to think that through yourself.

Kaiser dropped his bodyweight down, looks better, has better sex and is happier than he was before. Just something to think about. I can tell you from things that happened to my dad. You don't want a triple bypass or a stroke. Not fun.

Kaiser dropped his bodyweight down, looks better, has better sex and is happier than he was before. Just something to think about. I can tell you from things that happened to my dad. You don't want a triple bypass or a stroke. Not fun.

Yes, you should definitely consider a new lifestyle as I did if your normal levels are out of range. I had a minor stroke in '03 (was off gear for 5 years or so) and believe me when I tell you, it wasn't fun with even a mild one, especially spending 5 days in the hospital. Your improvement over that short a period of time is actually pretty impressive. As the others said, give it some more time. Some people are lucky and are built for living this lifestyle like BigA and Bulldog21, as they repeatedly come back with perfect blood tests. Then again, most of us aren't that lucky. And yes, I said most because they are the exception to the rule not the majority. Stay healthy and good luck buddy.

Last edited:
Yes, you should definitely consider a new lifestyle as I did if your normal levels are out of range. I had a minor stroke in '03 (was off gear for 5 years or so) and believe me when I tell you, it wasn't fun with even a mild one, especially spending 5 days in the hospital. Your improvement over that short a period of time is actually pretty impressive. As the others said, give it some more time. Some people are lucky and are built for living this lifestyle like BigA and Bulldog21, as they repeatedly come back with perfect blood tests. Then again, most of us aren't that lucky. And yes, I said most because they are the exception to the rule not the majority. Stay healthy and good luck buddy.

Wow Kaiser, I had no idea.... that is some very scary stuff. It puts a new way of seeing what you really want in your life, no doubt.

Wow Kaiser, I had no idea.... that is some very scary stuff. It puts a new way of seeing what you really want in your life, no doubt.

I have to tell ya, I've pretty much borken every bone in my body multiple times, had a billion stitches, and tore ligaments which led to oprerations like my ACL. Been involved in extreme sports my whole life so I am pretty much weathered by the storm and have absolutely no fear of pain. I've always been one of those guys that was lucky and pain never effected me much. There was one thing that scared me in life, and that was this event. I was in the gym, went to do a wamr up set of bench. Did a set, and felt strange so I stood up. I hung on to a rack while standing and felt it come up from my right foot. It was pins and needles all the way up, then disipated. I was left with a screeming headache and partial temporary blindness in my right eye. After a week, the vision started to come back. The neurosurgeon thought I was on gear because of my size and tested me for everything under the sun, even rec drugs. All of my tests came back negative of course because I truly was clean for 4 or 5 years and never did a rec drug in my life. They attributed my stroke to temporary high blood pressure due to my best friend committing suicide the week prior. Other than that, my levels were perfect. So now, I live a cleaner life, and try to stay on the leaner side and hold little water because I still suffer from BP problems. Though not exagerated, they are of concern because of my initial incident.

Last edited:
I have to tell ya, I've pretty much borken every bone in my body multiple times, had a billion stitches, and tore ligaments which led to oprerations like my ACL. Been involved in extreme sports my whole life so I am pretty much weathered by the storm and have absolutely no fear of pain. I've always been one of those guys that was lucky and pain never effected me much. There was one thing that scared me in life, and that was this event. I was in the gym, went to do a wamr up set of bench. Did a set, and felt strange so I stood up. I hung on to a rack while standing and felt it come up from my right foot. It was pins and needles all the way up, then disipated. I was left with a screeming headache and partial temporary blindness in my right eye. After a week, the vision started to come back. The neurosurgeon thought I was on gear because of my size and tested me for everything under the sun, even rec drugs. All of my tests came back negative of course because I truly was clean for 4 or 5 years and never did a rec drug in my life. They attributed my stroke to temporary high blood pressure due to my best friend committing suicide the week prior. Other than that, my levels were perfect. So now, I live a cleaner life, and try to stay on the leaner side and hold little water because I still suffer from BP problems. Though not exagerated, they are of concern because of my initial incident. This is pic of my smaller build now (relaxed) as of last week. Keep in mind I'm almost 6'1.

Thanks for sharing that and nice pic. Dont take this the wrong way but it that a stripper pole behind you?

Sorry guys if I freaked you out. We live for sex :D

Also my RDW was high and RBC was high but platlets were normal. Seems like rdw,rbc,hemtocrit and hemoglobin are all directly related and most places on the internet say can be caused by testosterone supplementation. Well, im on trt(not doctor prescribed) and my dad is on trt and has slightly high levels as well and his dr says its not a big deal, and common when on testosterone and just make sure to give blood. So hmmmmm living my whole life with slightly elevated rbc,rdw,hematocrit and hemoglobin is "ok" in this dr's opinion b/c its related to test supplementation?

In addition...

My HDL is around 66. I try to use olive oil almost everyday. One glass red wine 4 or 5 days. I try to eat a few walnuts daily (keep them in my desk) and take a fish oil supplement. I feel a lot of this is genetics as I have been big since college and lived a constant "offseason" for years. I definately am on the path of smaller/healthier these days. I think it comes with age a bit easier than when I was younger. Good Luck.

Pekkerwood

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • MikeS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear