over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Most impressive feat of strength you have seen

There’s been some monsters come through my gym. Honestly one of the best gyms in America

Impressive.

Can somebody please tell me why it is common practice to drop the weigh? Especially in the
deadlift. I have always wondered about this.

Maybe they only drop it in competition, I don't know, but if is also done in training it seems
to me that it is eliminating very productive part of the exercise, i.e., the eccentric part.

Thoughts?

Impressive.

Can somebody please tell me why it is common practice to drop the weigh? Especially in the

Maybe they only drop it in competition, I don't know, but if is also done in training it seems
to me that it is eliminating very productive part of the exercise, i.e., the eccentric part.

Thoughts?
In a PLing competition they don't drop the weight actually. They lower it with control after given the white light. My guess is that guy don't want to take any additional risks after pulling a heavy rep and by dropping it they eliminate any risk associated with lowering the heavy bar which will definitely tax the spine. It's a path of least resistance kind of thing or even "why bother risking injury by putting this thing down the hard way". The of course, some guys probably just think it looks cool and makes a nice loud noise.

Impressive.

Thoughts?
If someone has to tell you why people drop the weight after nutting out you have most certainly never pulled anything off the floor that mattered. powerlifting is NOT bodybuilding pal. Powerlifting is not gym etiquette either.

If someone has to tell you why people drop the weight after nutting out you have most certainly never pulled anything off the floor that mattered. powerlifting is NOT bodybuilding pal. Powerlifting is not gym etiquette either.

I agree . . . I am obviously using my ignorance as a point reference. My mistake.

I agree . . . I am obviously using my ignorance as a point reference. My mistake.
I wasn’t trying to be a dick and I apologize if I came off that way. Let me clarify.If you tried to gently place a super heavy weight back on the floor you are riskIng injury. And from my own personal experience the eccentric phase of the deadlift is no real component of a straight pull off the floor. That’s what squatting is for. Plus if you are at a powerlifting meet and still have a few more attempts your not going to wear yourself out and take away from your next attempts By performing unnecessary movements. This is what I said by bodybuilding and powerlifting being totally different animals.

I used to work out with a woman in her mid 50s who was 145lbs. She would rep the 75lb dumbells for sets of 8 on incline bench press. She was doing like 3 sets of 10-12 rep slow wide grip pullups. Her strength for her size and age and sex was ridiculous and she was mad vascular dense muscle

Training with Eric Spoto for years I saw some shit that made me scratch my head lol 🤣😂 #howdhedothat ?!?!?!? 500 x 4 front military press has to be one of the nuttiest things ever that I saw with my own two eyes 👀...he had more not even bullshitting.

My GF doesnt wear shoes to work, so my feat of strength is loving her even though her feet are so stinky when she gets home. Its her MO. Thankfully the pussy doesnt match. Never smells, but her feet (shoes actually bc she doesnt wear socks) are nearly lethal

I was at the gym one day. Typical weight pit type gym full of bodybuilders, and even more powerlifters. I am by far the lightest guy in there being 220 and the gyms only 198lb competitor.

well, a new guy comes in and he weighs probably 230 or so...but 5’10” and shredded..dudes looks like he’s make of sick skin!

walks over to a squat rack and does a couple of half ass warm up reps with the bar and looks around..kinda doing that awkward new gym shuffle where you don’t know what you want to do..well, he loads 4 wheels a side and I’m thinking he’s about to hurt himself.

dude proceeds to start repping this like it’s nothing..at 20 I stopped counting because I knew this guy was stronger than me and my ego kicked in...then he put his plates back and left.

me and him became friends quickly and the dude is still the strongest person I’ve ever met. But that lift stands out.

I was at the Mr Olympia EXPO a few years back they had a PL display. I saw a guy that weighed 165 bench 565 with a bench shirt. Dude was half my size.

my best friend and training partner Andy was a monster in the gym. He passed many years ago at a very young age. But in his prime he was 5ft 8 and weighed in at 289lbs. Some of his best lifts are below. I personallhy witnessed each of them and while I know these might seem not so impressive to many of you, trust me, at 22-23yrs old to see this stuff was incredible.

DB Shoulder Press - no assist. 120lb db's for 11 clean full reps
Smith Machine Squat - 7 plates per side for 5 reps
Flex Machine Leg Press - 34 plates x 9 reps

I was at the gym one day. Typical weight pit type gym full of bodybuilders, and even more powerlifters. I am by far the lightest guy in there being 220 and the gyms only 198lb competitor.

well, a new guy comes in and he weighs probably 230 or so...but 5’10” and shredded..dudes looks like he’s make of sick skin!

walks over to a squat rack and does a couple of half ass warm up reps with the bar and looks around..kinda doing that awkward new gym shuffle where you don’t know what you want to do..well, he loads 4 wheels a side and I’m thinking he’s about to hurt himself.

dude proceeds to start repping this like it’s nothing..at 20 I stopped counting because I knew this guy was stronger than me and my ego kicked in...then he put his plates back and left.

me and him became friends quickly and the dude is still the strongest person I’ve ever met. But that lift stands out.
Quite a big jump in warm up weight! I used to start at 225 and then start adding 45s. 315, 405 warm up.

There’s a guy at my gym who looks to be in his 70’s or so, rail thin with a bit of a gut. He spends his entire workout on the bench press, sets up a tripod to film himself etc., goes from 135, to 225, and eventually to 405 or 455. He doesn’t actually lift the bar, just grabs it and strains while his camera is snapping pictures. Then he neatly re-racks all the weights, loads up all his camera equipment, and heads outside to the bus stop. Sure, he didn’t lift it.... but that attention to all the details and carrying that giant golf bag with his tripod on the bus deserves some admiration.

There’s a guy at my gym who looks to be in his 70’s or so, rail thin with a bit of a gut. He spends his entire workout on the bench press, sets up a tripod to film himself etc., goes from 135, to 225, and eventually to 405 or 455. He doesn’t actually lift the bar, just grabs it and strains while his camera is snapping pictures. Then he neatly re-racks all the weights, loads up all his camera equipment, and heads outside to the bus stop. Sure, he didn’t lift it.... but that attention to all the details and carrying that giant golf bag with his tripod on the bus deserves some admiration.

Haha I like this story. There's a tiny guy in my gym who always films his lifts. He however doesn't film them himself but he brings an even tinier Chinese guy who doesn't speak our local language ( Dutch ) to man the camera. Really funny to see all the effort to film a 60 kg bench and so on.

Strength wise I haven't seen really crazy lifts as we do not have many hardcore gyms around here. I once saw a guy lift 300 kg on the deadlift which was pretty cool and a 180 kg incline bench for one rep on a different guy.

Well I am certain that there are much greater feats of strength, I think these impacted me so significantly because of my age at the time. I was 18, I was a member of my first real gym.
I watched Gene Howell squat to parallel 765 x 15 in a belt and knee wraps.
“Spotting” (yeah, what was I going to do if he missed the rep?!?) Grant Pitts doing 405 x 5 behind the neck press to his freaking C-7 vertebrae!

I seen a lot of freaky/freakier stuff since then, but that was the first time that I had ever seen weight like that moved in my life. I’ll never forget either of them.

Staff online

• rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
808Labs
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws