mega-banner2
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Mr. Olympia prize money.... Cheap Bastards!

Who was it waaayyyy back who wanted to make a bodybuilders union but no one had the balls? Was that shawn ray?

I hate to burst the delusional bubble most hardcore BBers live in, but let's be honest: This industry is full of the WORST people imaginable on all sides, most fans included.

And, dare I say it, most hardcore BBers are flat out dumb. Sadly, they get what they deserve.

The crazy thing to me is, every internet site you go to. it seems like everybody is an IFBB Pro! I look at guys on this board who worked their asses off for many years to get a Pro Card, even competing until the Masters to get their card. Go to Muscle RX and you see a hundred bikini IFBB Pros, a hundred physique IFBB Pros, a hundred figure IFBB Pros, a hundred Men Physique Pros, etc. I know it's to appeal to the masses, but personally, I think it sucks!

The crazy thing to me is, every internet site you go to. it seems like everybody is an IFBB Pro! I look at guys on this board who worked their asses off for many years to get a Pro Card, even competing until the Masters to get their card. Go to Muscle RX and you see a hundred bikini IFBB Pros, a hundred physique IFBB Pros, a hundred figure IFBB Pros, a hundred Men Physique Pros, etc. I know it's to appeal to the masses, but personally, I think it sucks!

finally someone agrees with me on this. bikini, figure, mens phsyqiue has ruined the prestige of having a pro card. now I am not trying to offend anyone(because I know there are many Physique bros on here) but getting a pro card in the past was extremely difficult, an exclusive club. theres a long long list of men who never became pro even though they were amazing bodybuilders that's how hard it was. becoming pro was a huge huge achievement. now adays everyone and their dog is ifbb! ifbb this and ifbb that... like Nassar said when are they going to have an "ifbb house wife" class...

did people forget what the "BB" in IFBB stands for? lol. at the Olympia bodybuilders were the minority...funny how in the biggest bodybuilding show of the year, you have more non bodybuilders competing, then bodybuilders.

the fact that they are willing to compete knowing how little the cash prizes are..

it's like the fast food workers who are demanding $15 an hour for minimum wage.. it will never happen because employers know that as soon as the workers quit, other people will immediately step up to replace them at $8 or whatever they are paying.

little slice......

PASSED LEGISLATION The new minimum wage legislation passed by Seattle City Council and signed into law by Mayor Murray provides for an increase in the minimum wage in the City of Seattle to $15 an hour, phased in over time, beginning April 2015: Small employers (businesses with fewer than 500 employees) will reach a $15 an hour minimum wage in seven years. Also established is a temporary guaranteed minimum compensation responsibility of $15 an hour to be met within the first five years, which can be achived by combining employer-paid health care contributions, consumer-paid tips, and employer-paid wages. Large employers (businesses with 500 or more employees, either in Seattle or nationally) will reach $15 per hour in three years. The wages of employees who receive health care benefits will reach $15 per hour in four years. - See more at: $15 Minimum Wage

San Francisco will also follow soon.

Who was it waaayyyy back who wanted to make a bodybuilders union but no one had the balls? Was that shawn ray?

Way way back.....Boyer Coe, Frank Zane and Mike Mentzer tried to organize and boycott the 81 Olympia. Being the independent (selfish) sport it can be others such a Samir Bannout and Tom Platz signed the document agreeing that they wouldn't compete but were lurking in the background still dieting and planning to compete because they figured if the top guys don't show up they would have a chance to win. Didn't work out Franco won!

Bob Cicherillo also tried in 2005 after Shawn Ray stepped down as the athletes rep.

Last edited:
finally someone agrees with me on this. bikini, figure, mens phsyqiue has ruined the prestige of having a pro card. now I am not trying to offend anyone(because I know there are many Physique bros on here) but getting a pro card in the past was extremely difficult, an exclusive club. theres a long long list of men who never became pro even though they were amazing bodybuilders that's how hard it was. becoming pro was a huge huge achievement. now adays everyone and their dog is ifbb! ifbb this and ifbb that... like Nassar said when are they going to have an "ifbb house wife" class...

did people forget what the "BB" in IFBB stands for? lol. at the Olympia bodybuilders were the minority...funny how in the biggest bodybuilding show of the year, you have more non bodybuilders competing, then bodybuilders.

It was a corporate decision by the NPC...they increased their membership by 50% just adding bikini and Physique classes....$120 a pop plus promoters had competitors that were willing to compete 5 to 6 times a year.

Sorry you missed my point. Everybody is talking about the GROSS of the show and ONE payout, the prize money. Nobody knows all the other EXPENSES! Reference to the union is.... drum roll.... they get paid way more than anybody else not in a union, and yes, most times, more than they are worth! This is a large expense, higher than it would be in other states.

You ever dealt with vegas union people? Specifically in the event centers? I have, they suck and their lazy, except a handful. That`s what happens when your job is protected to no ends, no matter what you screw up.

That sucks; I am sorry you had to deal with lazy people. Its a performance issue that needs to be dealt with by their supervisors ......union doesn't protect theft of time which what lazy is. I am a Chief Steward of a union and oversee 59 different job descriptions; my members are not lazy and I make it clear to them I can not bargain with management for good wages and benefits unless they perform above and beyond.

I couldnt agree with you more 0893. I said it earlier, all these new divisions have cheapened what it means to have a pro card. I also understand why they did it though, they wanted to make the sport more appealing to the average person and also attract more people to compete.

All of which means one thing, more money !!! More money that is still not making its way down to the competitors. With the bikini, figure and physique divisions much more people are interested in BB. So there are more magazines and supps being sold, plus all the extra entrance fee's because of the additional competitors.

little slice......

PASSED LEGISLATION The new minimum wage legislation passed by Seattle City Council and signed into law by Mayor Murray provides for an increase in the minimum wage in the City of Seattle to $15 an hour, phased in over time, beginning April 2015: Small employers (businesses with fewer than 500 employees) will reach a $15 an hour minimum wage in seven years. Also established is a temporary guaranteed minimum compensation responsibility of $15 an hour to be met within the first five years, which can be achived by combining employer-paid health care contributions, consumer-paid tips, and employer-paid wages. Large employers (businesses with 500 or more employees, either in Seattle or nationally) will reach $15 per hour in three years. The wages of employees who receive health care benefits will reach $15 per hour in four years. - See more at: $15 Minimum Wage

San Francisco will also follow soon.

right, but there will be massive layoffs and dramatic increases of automation in business processes.

the whole situation is funny to me because of the sheer irony.. the high school drop outs who are fighting for this "movement" are the ones who are going to get the shaft. For $15 an hour, they will quickly be replaced by people who hold bachelor degrees... I can't wait for the fallout lol shit's going to be hilarious.

edit: that's just in Seattle? LOL.. hardly post worthy. I am glad that they are experimenting in a city though as opposed to trying to implement something so ridiculous nationwide..

Last edited:
Very sad state of affairs. But as bodybuilders we have done it to ourselves by not collectively saying 'enough is enough'. There is money in bodybuilding, I don't believe the notion there is not. There is plenty of millions of dollars to be found in supplements, and they use of course us to market them. However, bodybuilders have accepted the Weider Overlords policies, who can't really be blamed since they were businessmen I suppose. But things could change fast if no one walked on that Olympia stage...

right, but there will be massive layoffs and dramatic increases of automation in business processes.

the whole situation is funny to me because of the sheer irony.. the high school drop outs who are fighting for this "movement" are the ones who are going to get the shaft. For $15 an hour, they will quickly be replaced by people who hold bachelor degrees... I can't wait for the fallout lol shit's going to be hilarious.

edit: that's just in Seattle? LOL.. hardly post worthy. I am glad that they are experimenting in a city though as opposed to trying to implement something so ridiculous nationwide..

I'll bet some small business close down.

I'll bet some small business close down.

without a doubt. Paying minimally-skilled workers such a ridiculous wage will have far-reaching implications.. I can't wait.

that's the last thing im going to say about it, don't want to derail the thread.

one thing that I thought was kinda funny is the difference in payouts in the Arnold classic competitions.. wolf just got 40,000 for winning in spain, but doesn't the one in ohio pay out 150,000 - almost 4 times as much? lol

Body Building is getting paid what it is worth. You can't compare it to sports that are popular in USA. Body Building for the most is not a popular sport and most of the public looks down upon it because of drugs. It will never be main stream because of that.

Then it might be time to market it somewhere else. How well do overseas shows draw...gate and tv?

Staff online

• A50#
    Old School Moderator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jrob7107
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws