advertise1
over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

MUCH PRAISE TO ALL FOLKS WHO MANAGETO WORKOUT AND DO PHYSICAL JOBS FOR A LIVING!

JETHRO TULL

FOUNDING Member / Featured Member / Verified Custo
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Verified Customer
I AM BUILDING A GYM/BARN/HOME THIS YEAR. LIVING QUARTERS UPSTAIRS, GYM BELOW. SO....I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE GOOD TO LEARN SOME CARPENTRY SKILLS IN AN ATTEMPT TO SAVE CASH AND DO SOME OF THE WORK MYSELF. I WENT OUT WITH A CREW OF GUYS TO ACCOMPLISH THIS TASK. LONGSTORY SHORT I HAD WORKED OUT HEAVY FOR 3 DAYS AND WENT OUT WITH THE GUYS AT THE SITE ON MY 'DAY OFF' FROM TRAINING.

I SPENT THE DAY OUT IN 10 DEGREE WEATHER, WALKING AROUND ON A CEMENTS SLAB, LOADING 16FOOT 2X1O'S, MARKING AND CUTTING 2X6'S WITH AN ELECTRIC SAW THAT I HAD NEVER USED IN MY LIFE, USING A NAIL GUN, NEVER USED ONE OF THOSE EITHER, FRAMING WALLS ETC.

I AM LEARNING.... BUT I SURE AS HELL DON'T SEE HOW YOU PEOPLE WHO WORK HARD AT A PHYSICAL JOB ALL DAY MAKE ANY PROGRESS FROM YOUR EFFORTS IN THE GYM! MY HAT IS OFF TO ALL OF YOU! THE RECOVERY ABILITY IS SEVERELY COMPROMISED....I JUST FELT LIKE SLEEPING WHEN I GOT HOME AND EVEN THE NEXT DAY. I WENT IN TO LIFT AND WAS TIRED AND HAD TO BE VERY CAREFUL WITH MY FATIGUED LOWER BACK.

I SEE WHY MOST OF THE GUYS ON THE CREW JUST WANTED TO GO AND DRINK BEER AND GO SLEEP. IF I HAD TO WORK LIKE THAT EACH DAY AND GO TO THE GYM AND TRAIN THE WAY I NORAMLLY DO, IT WOULD BE IMPOSSIBLE! I'D WEIGHT 30 POUNDS LESS IN A FEW WEEKS.

I HAVE RESPECT FOR YOU ATTEMPTING TO EVEN GO TO THE GYM IF THAT WAS A JOB I HAD TO DO DAY IN AND DAY OUT!

WOW.

Ive always felt that way-anyone who works a physical job and also goes to the gym, usually afterward, has big balls! Id do it, but Im glad I dont have to!

I work for a excavation company, my job can be back breaking, but i find if i train early mornings before work and limit my training sessions to 3-4 a week, i progress nicely. But all the different job sites i'm at, it is rare to find people that train due to so much physical work during the day.

The key is early a.m. workouts cuz if you try after work your spent. J.R.

tattoojr said:
The key is early a.m. workouts cuz if you try after work your spent. J.R.

yeah, that happened to me a while back... getting up that early is tough though, still so exhausted from the day prior

much props

Bahahahaa

JT got him a good dose Of wood Framing.. :)
I do it everyday bro..Only Im in the commercial end where its all metal studs
and HEAVY ass drywall.

Its not that bad once you get used to it..

Ill go in Sore and week at times and guys look at you like Shit... I thought you were big an strong :)

RAJIN...DO YOU HAVE TROUBLE GAINING WEIGHT?

rAJJIN said:
JT got him a good dose Of wood Framing.. :)
I do it everyday bro..Only Im in the commercial end where its all metal studs
and HEAVY ass drywall.

Its not that bad once you get used to it..

Ill go in Sore and week at times and guys look at you like Shit... I thought you were big an strong :)

I WAS MAKING SURE I WORKED HARD ON THE JOB SINCE I DIDN'T KNOW HOW TO DO MUCH....I'D WORKED OUT HARD FOR THREE DAYS...SORE AS SHIT...AND THEN DOING THAT CONSTRUCTION STUFF...I JUST KEPT ON GETTING SORER. THEN OF COURSE I DID HEAVY BACK AND HAD MY SHITTY LITTLE BLOOD DRAW. IT TOOK ME A FEW DAYS UNTIL I FELT STRONG AGAIN.

MY HAT IS OFF TO YOU RAJIN. [I AM A PUSS]

hell yea

You bet.. I strugle for every single pound :)
I have to eat before work..6,10,12,3 If I miss any of them I can tell.
No cardio though and pretty much can eat anything I want without worries
of burning it off.

Yep, it's a bitch. I did construction for 6 years and it makes putting on size extremely hard. Now I have a sales job, but I'm still on my feet 10 hours a day. I never stand still and sitting is non-existent. I almost think that my construction job was easier. I'm really thinking of saying fuck it and going back to personal training. It gets old hearing fat women bitch, but at least I'm able to put more energy into my training.

I work on machinery all day... making parts, handling heavy objects. Sit down about 1 hr per 10 hr workday. It is interesting to read these posts as I wonder how to make best use of my energy and day. I wonder how stress plays into this as well. I own the comapny I work at. I've always made it point to get away from work in the middle of the day to hit the gym.. looks like I should try the morning routine.

yup

Build homes here in major city and actually , work with my guys.....it sucks having to get a 5am workout in before day starts and try to eat enough throughout day but if theres a will then it can be done. I enjoy it to some extent and could never do the suit and tie corporate thing....make close to same but prefer jeans and carharts...

thats why

i took a 4-6 month break from serious training,it got to the point where i just said screw it and gave it up completely i just told myslef im not dedicated the way i was so im just wasting my time in the gym,i always told myself as soon as i adjust its on agin & ive been back in the saddle like some bros said above its the early am workouts that gets it done & pack your damn meals if you miss just one like rajjin siad you feel it

shit i work 5 10-12hr days then hit the gym 3-4x a week
i hand drywall tooo there RAJJ
when we do firewalls(triple layer 5/8" 12 ft sheets, i call off the gym lol
btw rajj hit me up on msn again
frk

Hey what about us folks with mental draining jobs. I mean really mentally draining not your normal office job. I found since I started my new job 1 year ago I am to stressed to even lift after work. I have had physical demanding jobs such as logging lumber and stocking UPS trucks and always could find energy to work out, but not now.

Not to take away from physical draining jobs as I state dI have done them in the past.

Last edited:
i remember

hauling drywall, that is hell, no wonder so many contractors hire Mexicans to do the work! :eek:

funny thing too with construction, and drywall for that matter, having 21-22" arms and huge shoulders is a big thing for us, yea well its the skinny fuckers who last the longest in this biz
frk

I salute all you guys who can keep your training up. I used to work building houses with my dad, do foundation work. Just small scale stuff, but we dug the trenches with a shovel and wheelbarrel. It was aweful and I had no energy to even move after 10 hours of doing that crap. So, I respect all of you who handle that kind of work.

FRKNHUGE said:
funny thing too with construction, and drywall for that matter, having 21-22" arms and huge shoulders is a big thing for us, yea well its the skinny fuckers who last the longest in this biz
frk

Man, that is no shit. Those little 140-150 lb guys can work like mother fuckers. They could accomplish 5 times more than I could. I think all the extra weight just makes your feet, hips, knees, hell everything need more recuperation time. The skinny guys can just buzz around because their hauling a much lighter load all day.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
astar
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131