over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Muscle Density

Since I first started to train with intention when I was 19 years old, I have probally gained about 50 pounds of weight in those 9 years always maintaining 15-20% body fat, but truth be told I am really only now starting to build the rounded look of a bodybuilder. My strength and weight have always been rising but it hasnt coincided with alot of size. Is this an indication of high muscle fiber density, or is that impossible to tell, sorry about the punctuation but my question mark key isnt working lol im sorry if this seems like a stupid question but it seems like to me a denser muscle would be stronger but less pronounced.

Since I first started to train with intention when I was 19 years old, I have probally gained about 50 pounds of weight in those 9 years always maintaining 15-20% body fat, but truth be told I am really only now starting to build the rounded look of a bodybuilder. My strength and weight have always been rising but it hasnt coincided with alot of size. Is this an indication of high muscle fiber density, or is that impossible to tell, sorry about the punctuation but my question mark key isnt working lol im sorry if this seems like a stupid question but it seems like to me a denser muscle would be stronger but less pronounced.
Muscle density is that thick, nasty look to a lean well defined muscle. You will see plenty of good physiques that even though they are big lack that what I call gnarly look. Thick, powerful, shaped looking muscle. It takes years of relentless pounding and heavy lifting to aquire this. A lot of guys will have size but look stringy compared to a real lifter, someone that has built size and thickness. Dorian Yates was a prime example of what I am talking about. Ronnie Coleman yet another. A denser muslce will stand out among all the others, a tjhick back and dense looking shoulders spells power and strength. Have a good look next time at a show. You will see the difference!

Muscle density is that thick, nasty look to a lean well defined muscle. You will see plenty of good physiques that even though they are big lack that what I call gnarly look. Thick, powerful, shaped looking muscle. It takes years of relentless pounding and heavy lifting to aquire this. A lot of guys will have size but look stringy compared to a real lifter, someone that has built size and thickness. Dorian Yates was a prime example of what I am talking about. Ronnie Coleman yet another. A denser muslce will stand out among all the others, a tjhick back and dense looking shoulders spells power and strength. Have a good look next time at a show. You will see the difference!

As always oldfella is spot on, density truly comes from lifting heavy weights. DC and others have preached for years that heavy lifting is the only way to get that dense hardened look.

If you are wondering why your body hasnt looked like a bodybuilder's till just recently. It could be your type of training, and the way you eat as well. At 15 to 20% bodyfat, its hard to see all your muscle. So maybe take a look at your diet and stay at a smaller bodyfat percentage, I think most people gain a lot more muscle with bodyfat measurements between 10-15% vs someone who is 15-20% bf. Secondly if your training has totally revolved around 1-5 reps per set, than your not going to notice maximum muscle gain, but you will notice increased density to the muscle...

I would like to thank both of you for your replys, so could one say that a person with a denser muscle structure will have to put more years into training to develop this size (question mark here) or really is there any indication visible to the human eye in the earlier stages of production(question mark) DAMN KEYBOARD!! or I suppose you would have to do a muscle biopsie for that, maybe Im being a little dense (pun intended) with these questions.

I would like to thank both of you for your replys, so could one say that a person with a denser muscle structure will have to put more years into training to develop this size (question mark here) or really is there any indication visible to the human eye in the earlier stages of production(question mark) DAMN KEYBOARD!! or I suppose you would have to do a muscle biopsie for that, maybe Im being a little dense (pun intended) with these questions.
No not exactly. You develop a dense muscular physique through training.
You do not need a biopsy. A guy with a very dense structure with years of heavy training will oout weigh a guy of the same height that has only been what we tend to cal a "Pumper" in the gym. You will most always distinguish a heavy lifter from a pumper by their backs and shoulders, legs included.

well when I first started training i guess you could say i was one of those pumper guys, in back of the gym for 2 and a half hours grinding out 25 sets of a back workout, and as stupid as I was, for many years I thought this was the only way to train (as dictated by all the pinche magazines, especially muscle and fitness) only up until the end of last year I finally have gave up with the bullshit high-volume\low-intensity aproach, and adapted a more infrequent high-weight\low-set, high-intensity workout, possible this has something to do with it, but anyway im gonna keep at 'er thanks for your two centavos.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Dann828
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws