this guy...

another reason why you shouldn't take contests seriously :(

Attachments

• DSC00189.JPG
    DSC00189.JPG
    23.1 KB · Views: 455
Hey bro,

what show was this again ???

Got any better shots of you in better lighting ?

What happened to the water/carb up final phase ?

chris

WOW

guess who won???

this guy...

Is he as wet as he looks?

buselmo, you got a ton of arms dude! nice

Really? Wow.
Well, you looked great Buselmo! ::ction-sm

Man their lighting is crappy!

guess who won???

this guy...

looking good, sorry you didn't place where you thought you should have.

Nothing is more frustrating bro than looking great in the gym and not brining your absolute best on the day of the show. I know.

But.....Those gym pics are amazing.. I am impressed dude.. Good job..

Dialing in for the show is a bitch, especially with travel and stress. Just learn from this for sure. just because you didnt get the placing you wanted didnt mean the show as a disaster.. Your prep was successfull.

One of my most successfull seasons was when i placed 7 th at the nationals. It was my best year even though i didnt win. Thats how it goes. People can dissagree because they think that its all about the end result ( how you placed) but.. i dont think so. the process means a lot and from your pics its proof that you did your homework. Stay focused and hungy!

Buselmo

He beat you on shape and size it appears......you just need to keep getting bigger if you wish to win a bigger show. Be realistic.....be happy...........you looked good, he just loked better to me. To post his picture and say what is this sport coming to is not a good habit to get into.......your mind is clouded right now...........give it a few weeks and take an objective look at it.

phil-i agree his shape is better but his conditioning is god awful. someone that soft should never win-i dont care how great his shape, symmetry or whatever is. i feel people are judged sometimes too much on potential and not what they bring to the table the day of the show. do you agree/disagree?

Fantastic job buselmo. Like everyone else has said...that lighting looks horrible so it makes it really tough for us to see the true look.

Either way, incredible improvements from last year.

The problem with the water manipulation was that i looked soft the day of the contest (softer than last time) and when i was pumping up, i was just sweating like crazy and not feeling a pump. it was more like feeling fatigue and strain in the muscles rather than a pump.

Phil,
I am very realistic about my potential. i cannot place well in a "top" show... there is no way (chest is one of the most important muscles to show on stage, and god just did not give me great insertion points... waist is pretty wide compared to shoulder width also). But there is a huge difference between being the leanest/driest guy on stage with good enough size and shape, and getting beat by someone who was supposed to place 4th. I have no problem with the guy who won at all... i have a problem with working hard for 27 weeks and in the end getting screwed by the judges because the team coach for the guy who won had an agreement with the judges. If that weren't the truth, the judge who announced me as second place wouldn't have paused after saying "and in second place", looked at me with an "embarressed" smile, shrugged, and then said my name. I might be clouded, pissed, and a bit depressed... but i have every right to be... especially when i've been this determined to get that retarded title for this long.

Concrete guy,
no, he's not wet... he has about 15 lbs of fat and loose skin to lose. Nothing against the guy... he was obviously extremely overweight from the amount of loose skin he was carrying and he did an amazing job getting up on a bodybuilding stage and competing with the heavy weights.

Lynx,
the lighting is actually better than last time :) ... still sucked though.

Chris250,
this was the saudi arabia national competition. and i really don't know what went wrong with the water depletion... i did the same thing i did last time... the only difference was that i didn't use anything to help with hardening, and i was on antibiotics (throat infection the week before the contest)... i don't know if that would make a difference or not.

You looked really good buselmo. You have very good shape, and with a bit more size and better conditioning (or at least final week tweaks) you're going to be very hard to compete against.

Enjoy what you've accomplished, then get back to the grind :)

You look good, Shows some times don't go the way you want, but rather than be dissappointed, go back to working hard and come out even better the next show. Heck, if I got second in a show, that would not be a bad placing at all. You have a good physique, time to go back to work. One more thing, don't worry about your placings as much as your improvements you are making.

Buselmo, first of all you look great! You have been in for a long haul and it shows with your physique. Excellent job...now as others have said time to grow some more muscle. Be the best YOU can be...keep plugging away! Congrats buddy!

He beat you on shape and size it appears......you just need to keep getting bigger if you wish to win a bigger show. Be realistic.....be happy...........you looked good, he just loked better to me. To post his picture and say what is this sport coming to is not a good habit to get into.......your mind is clouded right now...........give it a few weeks and take an objective look at it.

Best advice and answer.enough said.

ur condition is good, its very hard to tell based on that lighting though. If that is the lighting that is at a National show I'm pretty shocked its not any better. The other guy does not look as conditioned, but one thing I've noticed that seperates local shows from bigger events is size. In a local show, size doesnt usually mean shit, its always conditioning. Once you get into the Nats, USA's, North Americans, etc, you just gotta be huge, plain and simple. You looked awesome though regardless. Like Phil said, ur mind is clouded right now, it happens to the best of us

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator
  • MikeS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Atomgear
NapsGear