My Supplement Schduele

Elvia1023

Featured Member / Supp Guru / Board Supporter
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Board Supporter
Verified Customer
I have just started posting on this site. Rajjin has told me many times how good it is and it only took 10 secs for me to realize the wealth of knowledge/information on the board. Not had much free time recently but when I have had the chance I have been reading various posts. I really like the community on here. I am gonna use this as my main board from now on. I thought I might as well post some info I think people may find useful. I have copied it from my other board to save some time! On my other board someone asked the board what supplements we would rec throughout the year or when on cycle.

There are a number of supplements that are useful for all different types of cycles and/or individuals. I will list many but for most only a few would be needed. A good start is a decent multi-vit. Ideally a superdosed one if your very active and train hard. At the moment I am taking them seperately but will change to lower the amount of pills I take (too much at times). Vit C and a B complex are excellent for most. They are both water soluble so you can take throughout the day without worrying about taking too much. I just take 1 timed release B complex and about 3-6 500mg vit c throughout the day. I use a special patented vit c called ester c as it is ligher on the stomach. B vits are great for stress and indigestion (high protein/carb diets) amongst many things. Vit c is a anti oxidant, supports the immune system, aids collagen formation, anti-stress and a natural laxative.

All other vits excluding P (A, D, E and K) are fat soluble so you have to watch your intake more. I just take 1 pill that combines selenium, a, c and e in the morning. In the future I will take my multi vit with ester c throughout the day so no need for the others.

Fish oils are excellent. A multi vit and a fish oil should be your first choices imo. Fish oils are an excellent source of omega 3. Flaxseed oil is also great as that contains omega 3, 6 and 9. Most on a decent diet tend not to be deficient in 6 and 9 but usually are in 3. I now take atleast 4 flax and 3 fish oil (high strength). They are good for blood pressure when on cycle. A good product to get to cover all bases is Udo's oil. That contains flax seed oil, sunflower seed oil, sesame seed oil, coconut oil, evening primrose oil and lecithin etc.

As many gear uses are stressing out their livers a good liver protector is a must. I take milk thistle for long periods. Synthergine from synthetek is a great product to take every so often. I take that when on strong orals (dbol/adrol). I sometimes add dandelion root and artichoke to my milk thistle if I want to 'detox'.

Before I go the gym I sometimes take a NO expander or just arginine alone. Arginine is one of my fav products. It improves circulation (precursor for the synthesis of nitric oxide), stimulates the release of GH, can decrease blood pressure, increases lean muscle and immune function and reduces healing time of injuries etc etc. You need to take alot of arginine if your using it for NO expansion. Arginine is the main ingredient in many herbal sexual aids so as a result it can also bring other benefits (due to the circulation).

After the gym I take a protein powder with lots of glutamine and HMB and some vit c. Added to that I will take an acai capsule as it is a very strong anti-oxidant. I take alot of anti-oxidants through the day but most after my training session. Milk thistle is an anti oxidant for the liver so I take one then too. Alpha lipoic acid is a good anti o for the muscles and aids the absorption of creatine so I usually have that when I am using creatine. I recently used kre-alkalyn creatine which was useful.

Co-enzyme Q10 is another very useful product that brings many health benefits. It converts food into energy, is hypotensive so great for blood pressure, strengthens gums and is another anti-o. I usually take a 120mg cap before I train. I take a few 30mg caps when not training.

Bromelain is another supplement I take now. It is a protein digester so anyone on a high protein diet should look into bromelain (Pineapple enzyme). The are others such as Papaya (papain) but bromelain is superior. Many digestive enzyme products contain many compounds but they are usually at very low doses. You should look for 500mg bromelain tabs. I usually take about 3 per day with my larger protein meals.

As you can see I take lots of supplements but I am currently lowering the numbers. Although I feel great and they have caused me no problems whatsoever. I just want to try and lower my intake and start using more natural means. As mentioned above acai is very good. It contains B1, B2, B3, C, E etc etc. I noticed higher energy levels when I started that too. I take a few more supplements. I will list some useful supps below and explain why they are good for gym users.

Magnesium- Vital for nerve and muscle function, supports heart health, works with calcium and is involved in energy production.

Zinc (or ZMA)- Really good for almost everything. Good for recovery, repair, immune system, testosterone levels etc. I take zinc before bed when using.

L-Carnitine- Assist breakdown of stored fats, prevents excessive lactic acid build-up, aids circulation, increases oxygen uptake and improves heart function etc. Great when you are cutting but can be used at all times.

Celedrin- Anti-inflammatory, promotes joint lubrication.

Potassium- Regulates water balance and supprts nerve and muscle function.

Chromium- Helps maintain blood sugar balance, metabolises sugars and fats and aids the absorption of amino acids into muscle cells.

CLA- Maintains- health fat to lean body mass ratio, supports immune system and lowers cholesterol.

Tribulus- Increases testosterone levels and enhances enery levels. I always take this after a cycle to aid recovery. Try and get protodioscin. That is the active ingredient in tribulus. Therefore it is much stronger and really helps matters post cycle.

Creatine- Promotes maximum power, speeds recovery times, improves protein synthesis, muscle volumising and buffers lactic acid build-up.

Taurine- Helps regulate heartbeat, reduces exercise-related muscle damage and controls fluid balance.

Ginseng- Adaptogen (helps your body cope with change), stimulant, mood raiser and immune supporting.

Glucosamine- Repairs and rebuilds cartilage and is anti-inflammatory so can be useful to people who do heavy lifting.

Pycnogenol- Anti-oxidant, anti-allergy, anti inflammatory, anti wrinkle but most important it aids the absorption of arginine.

Horny goat weed- Aphrodisiac and has testosterone-like effects

Green Tea- Lowers cholesterol, supports immune fucntion, anti-bacterial, anti-oxidant. diuretic and aids fat metabolism. This is a great supplement for all year but especially good for when you are cutting.

Guarana- Adaptogenic, stimulant, diuretic, increases metabolism and is a astringent.

Rhodiola Rosea- Adaptogen, promotes muscle oxygenation, lactic acid balancing and promotes brain oxygenation.

Hawthorn- Heart tonic, cholesterol reducing, strengthens heart muscle and can aid energy in the gym. I take hawthorn in some of my stronger cycles as it also helps with blood pressure (increases it if low or lowers it if high).

Lycopene- Anti oxidant

Saw Palmetto- Prostatic anti-inflammatory. This can be useful in blocking the conversion of test to DHT.

Kelp- Thyroid stimulating and promotes health of hair and nails

HMB- Aids protein synthesis, increases muscle size and strength, improves functioning of immune system, lowers blood cholesterol and promotes fat burning.

The list is very long but just gives an insight to some decent supplements. There are some very useful supplements out there you just have to pick them carefully and see what works best for you. I have tried all of the above and have found all useful for numerous reasons. Added to a cycle they can improves all areas dramatically. I manage a health food/supplement shop so I deal with all the above on a daily basis.

So yeah my staples are lots of good food, good protein powder, vitargo or waxy maize starch, multi-vit, omega 369, glutamine and arginine.

For my off periods creatine is a fav. Tribulus, maca, yohimbe, ginseng and fenugreek can be useful amongst others.

Last edited:
I should add if your diet is spot on most are not needed unless you have a certain thing wrong (blood pressure, cholesterol, joints, depression etc). But change in diet can help with everything. But I would defo say taking the right supplements is extremely beneficial and can improve quality of life and cycle results etc.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
12cc
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws