over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

My thoughts on Cholesterol - a series

Excellent posts!

I'm studying for the SNS-ISSN test and this really puts things into perspective.

Bookmarked.

NMR LipoProfile

There is so much confusion about LDL and to be honest a traditional cholesterol screening doesn't tell much of the story.. There is more concern about the SMALL LDL-P particles floating around in blood.. These are the ones prone to penetrating the arterial wall and leading to cardiovascular issues. Fortunately there is now a more precise test to do so.. NMR LipoProfile.. This test will give you the most comprehensive Lipid breakdown..

https://www.directlabs.com/Resource...Profile/tabid/181/language/en-US/Default.aspx

Subscribed.

I completely agree, there is just mass confusion about this subject, shaky science to say the least. Most times when they check the arteries of heart attack and stroke patients they assume that the blockages formed in the areas over time, no way to prove that. Other people believe that the deficiency of certain minerals and vitamins weaken the flexibility and strength of the wall of the artery, so the body's mechanism to fight this is send the cholesterol to build the walls back up, but if it is beyond repair sometimes the body overcompensates or it simply bursts, but in either case they will find an abnormal amount of plaque build up. So I think the best way to fight this is to make sure to supplement with the nutrients needed to keep the arteries flexible and healthy, cholesterol levels to me are not the big deal that all these drug companies lead us to believe , just another multi-billion dollar business, as a matter of fact I believe the statin drugs hurt you more than help you. Looking forward to follow your posts . God bless you.

love reading your posts.

def going to hire you to sort my diet when i get some spare money.

My question...

How about chicken, turkey and fish... What type should I be buying?

I'm not much of a red meat eater and this is due to I think antiquated thinking now that I have been reading up on John's information.

Working in the health care field, I hear what doctors tell their patients... Stop eating red meat, whatch fat intake, and take Lipitor for the rest of your life...

I am very interested in this thread!

My question...

How about chicken, turkey and fish... What type should I be buying?

I'm not much of a red meat eater and this is due to I think antiquated thinking now that I have been reading up on John's information.

Working in the health care field, I hear what doctors tell their patients... Stop eating red meat, whatch fat intake, and take Lipitor for the rest of your life...

I am very interested in this thread!

Hi Emery - with fish - just don't eat farmed fish, or fish high in mercury. Read some of the info on this site and you will never eat farmed salmon again...it's nasty...
**broken link removed**

For chicken I try to get organic when I can, if i can't I usually just find something else to eat...I would much rather have some LBAs or Organic pastured eggs than chicken that has been raised in nastiness and filth..but that's just me....

We'll get into some discussion on statins. I have a ton of good info on that to share...nice to know doctors who are actually on top of this stuff....

For red meat..plenty of discussion in other threads, bottom line is the fattier the meat, the more the need for it to be organic. If you want to go out on occasion and eat a sirloin or filet from a restaruant..to me that's no big deal...but if you want to eat nasty fatty conventional ground beef all the time...bad move..just my opinion though..grass fed ground, different food altogether..

JM

awesome thread MD, very intrigued to read your future posts

The Framingham study

I thought I would mention this too, as this is often hailed as the end all be all for proof of the lipid hypothesis.

Ok..the famous Framingham study. This was a massive study that conducted in Framingham Mass. The AMA said that this study proved a 1% reduction in cholesterol, provided a 2% reduction in CHD risk.

Now, here is what some of the researchers and directors would write as the result of the study. Actually this is from a director named Dr. William Castelli (but many researchers in the project validated his statement). "In Framingham we found that the more saturated fat one ate, the more cholesterol one ate, the more calories one ate, the lower the person’s serum cholesterol…we found that the people who ate the most cholesterol, ate the most saturated fat, and the most calories, weighed the least, and were the most physically active." Holy cow, yes, that is exactly what he said. I did not embelish anything in his statement.

That quote has been in several books I have read...here is a website too confirming it from another doctor who has written some great work on cholesterol Dr Malcom Kendrick.

**broken link removed**

Futhermore, the results were this, For each 1 mg DROP in mg/dl in cholesterol there was an 11% INCREASE in coronary mortality and total mortality. Now read that again....the drop, causes an INCREASE in death. There is a ton of info and studies that I have come across that talk about this to be especially true in the elderly...

There were many co-directors who agreed with Castelli that eventually resigned due to absolutely horrible misinterpretation of the real findings.

Actually, when I had my cholesterol measured a few years ago at my place of employment, they gave me a likelihood of future problems estimation using a “Framingham score.” Evidently this study proved the Lipid Hypothesis. Right? Wrong.

There are other studies we could destroy, but i wanted to talk about Ancel Keys work and the Framingham project, as they were the most widely publicized in proof of the lipid hypothesis.

Let's talk a little about what cholesterol's role is in the body in the next email. Keep the comments coming!

JM

I thought I would mention this too, as this is often hailed as the end all be all for proof of the lipid hypothesis.

Ok..the famous Framingham study. This was a massive study that conducted in Framingham Mass. The AMA said that this study proved a 1% reduction in cholesterol, provided a 2% reduction in CHD risk.

Now, here is what some of the researchers and directors would write as the result of the study. Actually this is from a director named Dr. William Castelli (but many researchers in the project validated his statement). "In Framingham we found that the more saturated fat one ate, the more cholesterol one ate, the more calories one ate, the lower the person’s serum cholesterol…we found that the people who ate the most cholesterol, ate the most saturated fat, and the most calories, weighed the least, and were the most physically active." Holy cow, yes, that is exactly what he said. I did not embelish anything in his statement.

That quote has been in several books I have read...here is a website too confirming it from another doctor who has written some great work on cholesterol Dr Malcom Kendrick.

**broken link removed**

Futhermore, the results were this, For each 1 mg DROP in mg/dl in cholesterol there was an 11% INCREASE in coronary mortality and total mortality. Now read that again....the drop, causes an INCREASE in death. There is a ton of info and studies that I have come across that talk about this to be especially true in the elderly...

There were many co-directors who agreed with Castelli that eventually resigned due to absolutely horrible misinterpretation of the real findings.

Actually, when I had my cholesterol measured a few years ago at my place of employment, they gave me a likelihood of future problems estimation using a “Framingham score.” Evidently this study proved the Lipid Hypothesis. Right? Wrong.

There are other studies we could destroy, but i wanted to talk about Ancel Keys work and the Framingham project, as they were the most widely publicized in proof of the lipid hypothesis.

Let's talk a little about what cholesterol's role is in the body in the next email. Keep the comments coming!

JM

When you talk about the frop increasing the risk is that a drop in total cholesterol? So some of the drop could be from a decrease in HDL?

When you talk about the frop increasing the risk is that a drop in total cholesterol? So some of the drop could be from a decrease in HDL?

Great question...total cholesterol is what they were referring too. They refer to it as total cholesterol concentration in the studies..

Great question...total cholesterol is what they were referring too. They refer to it as total cholesterol concentration in the studies..

Is total the total of LDL and HDL or is it something else?

How statins work. Goodbye squalene!

Attachments

• Statins-Poison-Enzyme.jpg
    Statins-Poison-Enzyme.jpg
    119.1 KB · Views: 460
I'd like to add another little thing to make everyone think about cholesterol more: ApoA-1 Milano - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It's a mutation that allows low HDL levels with no risk for cardiovascular disease.

Now I'm not all "WESTON PRICE FOUNDATION, FUCK YEA!" like MD and others (WholeHealthSource, Daily Lipid, et al), but I do know one thing-

High fat diets won't kill you, especially if you have the ApoA mutation. ;)

GREAT post...

JM

Funny little story. I lurk here a lot (not enough nerdy threads) and one day saw a post on Daily Lipid talking about you and thought, "wtf thats md". No suprise, really; especially since you talk quite about the Price Foundation et al.

Can't Wait...

Been way too busy with "life" lately but just had to say I can't wait to sit down and "digest" all this stuff! Seriously, thanks John... You are a "giver", a blessing to find now-a-days.

Quick note: I have found several pretty good (for the majority) documentaries on Netflix about foods... I will try to post them up soon.

Funny little story. I lurk here a lot (not enough nerdy threads) and one day saw a post on Daily Lipid talking about you and thought, "wtf thats md". No suprise, really; especially since you talk quite about the Price Foundation et al.

Haha - yea Chris Masterjohn is a friend of mine..great guy, and an ultra nerd with this stuff. His old cholesterol website was one of the first things that got me rethinkin my thinkin..him and Dr Serrano...

I really like Ravnskov's work (but can get reaaally techie at times), and I like Colpo's work alot too in the cholesterol world. I used to read all the PHD threads on The International Network of Cholesterol Skeptics - if you like nerdy stuff, check it out...haha, you'll love it...very interesting debates among brilliant PHDs...

JM

Haha - yea Chris Masterjohn is a friend of mine..great guy, and an ultra nerd with this stuff. His old cholesterol website was one of the first things that got me rethinkin my thinkin..him and Dr Serrano...

I really like Ravnskov's work (but can get reaaally techie at times), and I like Colpo's work alot too in the cholesterol world. I used to read all the PHD threads on The International Network of Cholesterol Skeptics - if you like nerdy stuff, check it out...haha, you'll love it...very interesting debates among brilliant PHDs...

JM

Thanks for the link. Just to rant, with all the reading about cholesterol, fat, sugars, et cetera, the only thing I've learned is that humans really don't know shit. It's not like there's been a certain way of nutrition or activity to increase longevity-which is the goal of eating "this" or "that" and doing this or that.. The majority of people still die before 100.

If people would realize this, then I think a lot of re-prioritizing would go on, (like eating meat, eggs, and taters full of butter and fat at the dinner table with your family and enjoying your the life you worked hard for :D). I'm done ranting before I turn cynical and my head explodes from shouting "CHOLESTEROL IS GOOD, EAT YOUR EGGS SON..AND TURN OFF THE TV TO SIT AT THE DAMN DINNER TABLE WITH YOUR WIFE". :banghead:

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
vz2000
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
yourdailyvitamins