over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Nac tablets not agreeing with me

maza

Newbies
Hey boys,

Started on NAC tablets for some increased liver markers,first time taking NAC.Nac are 600mg tablets

Did 1200mg on wed, 1200mg on thur, 600mg today (Friday).

For a supplement thats poor oral bioavailable and short halve life damn these side effects hit quick and last all day

From the first day i felt something not right around my abdo region, almost feel bloated,upset stomach,bowels bit more loose,non stop pissing in toilet.

Maybe i made the mistake of starting at a high dose.

Any else feel that NAC doesnt agree with them?

Should i maybe do 600mg every second day?

Was thinking do 600mg mon-fri, have weekends off maybe?

Thoughts

It's not uncommon to have some gi upset with it. You could try another brand but it could just be you are sensitive to NAC. Some can have a histamine reaction in the gut, or for people who have a bit of hydrogen sulfide gas it can exacerbate that. Like if "sulfury" type vegetables like broccoli or egg whites cause issues, NAC could also- hence the sulfur smell it has. Tudca, injectable glutathione or liposomal oral glutathione, milk thistle all can help with liver markers.

I hate to comment stuff like this because I'm THAT weirdo guy for talking about it. but NAC is a weak chelator of heavy metals and could do more harm than good in theory, I'm not surprised people have stomach upset. Same thing can/will occur with ALA supplementation or consumption, sometimes you don't know how 'toxic' you are until you take these weak chelators and stir up all kinds of side effects. The harm would come with infrequent dosaging, I would preferably take it consistently around the clock If I was using it for chelation purposes.

The above poster has a good point about histamine - I'd imagine these side effects would subside with continual usage. Perhaps try a natural anti histamine alongside and see if the issues persist, people have alot of success with DAO (diamine oxidase)

Sorry if my post comes across as fear mongering or scary information, I think its something people should obviously be aware of when supplementing things like NAC.

I hate to comment stuff like this because I'm THAT weirdo guy for talking about it. but NAC is a weak chelator of heavy metals and could do more harm than good in theory, I'm not surprised people have stomach upset. Same thing can/will occur with ALA supplementation or consumption, sometimes you don't know how 'toxic' you are until you take these weak chelators and stir up all kinds of side effects. The harm would come with infrequent dosaging, I would preferably take it consistently around the clock If I was using it for chelation purposes.

The above poster has a good point about histamine - I'd imagine these side effects would subside with continual usage. Perhaps try a natural anti histamine alongside and see if the issues persist, people have alot of success with DAO (diamine oxidase)

Sorry if my post comes across as fear mongering or scary information, I think its something people should obviously be aware of when supplementing things like NAC.

Can you post some links? I've read that NAC removing heavy metals is a promising area of research but where have you seen that it "could do more harm than good in theory"?

Can you post some links? I've read that NAC removing heavy metals is a promising area of research but where have you seen that it "could do more harm than good in theory"?
I believe its 'Andy cutler' (Andrew Hall Cutler) who suggested that NAC is a weak chelator (it doesn't have a double thiol bond) and would mobilise mercury around the body but not excrete it efficiently due to the weak bond. its been many years since I looked into any of this stuff. But yeah, if you'd like to look into it further, Andy cutler wrote a book regarding mercury toxicity and these are basically his claims on NAC and other sulfur compounds

Hey boys,

Started on NAC tablets for some increased liver markers,first time taking NAC.Nac are 600mg tablets

For a supplement thats poor oral bioavailable and short halve life damn these side effects hit quick and last all day

From the first day i felt something not right around my abdo region, almost feel bloated,upset stomach,bowels bit more loose,non stop pissing in toilet.

Thoughts
I never heard of people having bad responses with NAC until recently? Do y.ou really have tablets or do you have capsules?
I have only used NAC capsules.

The only thing I notice at higher doses (over 600 mg at one time) is that I get some acid reflux.

I don't know about the other possible issues discussed here but NAC def works for lowering liver enzyme levels.

i dont think youre gona find any real info on that bud.

we speculated many years ago that in the dose and durration we were using glut that it was highly possible that it would pull heavy metals out of the body. to the extent that metal tooth fillings could have been a concern.

that said no one ever had any issues even with very high very extended dosing. one area that did help in some cases was addressing methylation issues. that seems to solve any problems that were thought to be from high dose glut.

since i haven come up with a user friendly version of glut yet i have been doing nigh dose nac between 3 and 15grams ed.

the only people who seem to have concerns are those who read rather then do in this case. all the people who i have know who push this get nothing besides good results. the people who talk about concerns have never eaten more then a few hundred mgs ed for a 3 days.

you can find all sort of studies using relatively high dose nac 3-7g ed range and there are no real negative issues. there are tons of potential benefits.

I believe its 'Andy cutler' (Andrew Hall Cutler) who suggested that NAC is a weak chelator (it doesn't have a double thiol bond) and would mobilise mercury around the body but not excrete it efficiently due to the weak bond. its been many years since I looked into any of this stuff. But yeah, if you'd like to look into it further, Andy cutler wrote a book regarding mercury toxicity and these are basically his claims on NAC and other sulfur compounds

So no study, you just listened to some random dude who wrote a book? Sorry, I don't know him and am just trying to understand.

Op, are you taking NAC empty stomach?

Same here! I am really supplement sensitive as far as stomach goes..so I just take them before bed so I sleep through the side effects

NAC was giving me horrendous gas. Took me a while to figure out that was the issue. Liv 52 and Tudca for me going forward, although I'd like to try glutathione.

So no study, you just listened to some random dude who wrote a book? Sorry, I don't know him and am just trying to understand.

Op, are you taking NAC empty stomach?
Random guy with a Ph. D. in Chemistry, B. S. in Physics - he used to run a group with thousands of people helping them with their methylation cycle to detox from heavy metals. yeah he did believe in Fillings potentially causing illness like hawkmoon suggested, i wouldn’t dismiss the guy so easily as a quack though - it’s best not to be so close minded right?

He recommended using ALA and DMSA for Mercury detoxification, alongside vitamin C; vitamin E, zinc and magnesium. My memory recall was terrible in my previous posts regarding his opinion on ALA (apologies)

A mentions of NAC from one of his books
“If hydrocarbons, especially aromatic ones, are a problem, the patient may have slow phase 2 glutathione conjugation. This can best be corrected with NAC. Reasonable doses to clear such problems are 1-4 grams per day. Some people also require additional glutamine and glycine to use NAC on for prolonged period. Take 4 parts NAC to 2 parts glutamine to 1 part glycine for this purpose. Patients who have impaired metabolic conversion of cysteine to taurine and sulfate may respond negatively to NAC. NAC is also much more effective in elevating liver glutathione than either cysteine or glutathione.”

As I said, it’s been many years since I read about any of it, it must of been some regurgitation I had read. Regardless, I didn’t write anything too incorrect in my posts, NAC is a chelator of metals and that in itself can cause adverse reactions.

I’m sure there’s been many worse shit posts on this board than mine, but I do apologise on pulling the trigger on posting carelessly 👍

Random guy with a Ph. D. in Chemistry, B. S. in Physics - he used to run a group with thousands of people helping them with their methylation cycle to detox from heavy metals. yeah he did believe in Fillings potentially causing illness like hawkmoon suggested, i wouldn’t dismiss the guy so easily as a quack though - it’s best not to be so close minded right?

He recommended using ALA and DMSA for Mercury detoxification, alongside vitamin C; vitamin E, zinc and magnesium. My memory recall was terrible in my previous posts regarding his opinion on ALA (apologies)

“If hydrocarbons, especially aromatic ones, are a problem, the patient may have slow phase 2 glutathione conjugation. This can best be corrected with NAC. Reasonable doses to clear such problems are 1-4 grams per day. Some people also require additional glutamine and glycine to use NAC on for prolonged period. Take 4 parts NAC to 2 parts glutamine to 1 part glycine for this purpose. Patients who have impaired metabolic conversion of cysteine to taurine and sulfate may respond negatively to NAC. NAC is also much more effective in elevating liver glutathione than either cysteine or glutathione.”

As I said, it’s been many years since I read about any of it, it must of been some regurgitation I had read. Regardless, I didn’t write anything too incorrect in my posts, NAC is a chelator of metals and that in itself can cause adverse reactions.

I’m sure there’s been many worse shit posts on this board than mine, but I do apologise on pulling the trigger on posting carelessly 👍
It’s always good to see both sides so I appreciated your post. I take a couple grams NAC a day and never had any issues and find it beneficial.

To the OP, that passes after a week or so.

The supp I take for NAC has selenium in it (also ALA, magnesium, zinc). I can't believe he's writing about mercury toxicity without even mentioning selenium which has a strong binding affinity with mercury.

Also, a bottle Synthergine lasts me two months. I've put up the bloodwork somewhere here on the board right from my patient portal and shows perfectly normal liver panel while taking 40mg/day (20mg bid) of Anavar.

To the OP, that passes after a week or so.

The supp I take for NAC has selenium in it (also ALA, magnesium, zinc). I can't believe he's writing about mercury toxicity without even mentioning selenium which has a strong binding affinity with mercury.

Also, a bottle Synthergine lasts me two months. I've put up the bloodwork somewhere here on the board right from my patient portal and shows perfectly normal liver panel while taking 40mg/day (20mg bid) of Anavar.

I also supplement lugols iodine and selenium daily, Good catch!

NAC was giving me horrendous gas. Took me a while to figure out that was the issue. Liv 52 and Tudca for me going forward, although I'd like to try glutathione.
Hey boys,

Thoughts

NAC breaks down mucus. Your stomach is lined with mucus.

i dont think youre gona find any real info on that bud.

we speculated many years ago that in the dose and durration we were using glut that it was highly possible that it would pull heavy metals out of the body. to the extent that metal tooth fillings could have been a concern.

that said no one ever had any issues even with very high very extended dosing. one area that did help in some cases was addressing methylation issues. that seems to solve any problems that were thought to be from high dose glut.

since i haven come up with a user friendly version of glut yet i have been doing nigh dose nac between 3 and 15grams ed.

the only people who seem to have concerns are those who read rather then do in this case. all the people who i have know who push this get nothing besides good results. the people who talk about concerns have never eaten more then a few hundred mgs ed for a 3 days.

you can find all sort of studies using relatively high dose nac 3-7g ed range and there are no real negative issues. there are tons of potential benefits.

I have sold 1000's of bottles of NAC since 1999 and have not had a single person complain about the issues OP is mentioning. That is NOT to say they are not real, just that amongst widespread usage, with the general public who complain about EVERYTHING AND ANYTHING, this has not been an issue.

ok so one guys view on it whos trying to sell books to normal people who might be concened about getting sick from there tooth fillings?

i have no profit interest in this subject.
im literally a very crazy person who takes lots of drugs, eats lots of food and does lots of training to the point where i break my body. i also seem to do major self damage in the course of daily activites, im always broken, im always healing and i started all this because the normal train of thought says that im sick and need to take other drugs that make me weaker, slower, sicker, not able to do the above.

i feel nac helps move the healing or bettering process along. 20+ years of real use. im better for it.

I have sold 1000's of bottles of NAC since 1999 and have not had a single person complain about the issues OP is mentioning. That is NOT to say they are not real, just that amongst widespread usage, with the general public who complain about EVERYTHING AND ANYTHING, this has not been an issue.

im not saying that things may not cause some sort of stomach sensation or irritation at times. i can think of a number of reasons or time that one might have some discomfort. my real point was the idea that maye its dangerous or going to cause some harm or the pro ox effect argument.

he mentions ala above and ala tears me up at more then a tiny dose. i dont use caps of anything i eat raws out of bags, to me its like more then 500-600 mgs and probably there will be some buring sensation going towards very uncomfortable say at more then a g. it also will make your pee smell very strong a few hrs after.

from a use standpoint i think less friendly then nac.

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws