over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Nasty Ab Cramps in Gym?

wukillabee

Kilo Klub Member
Registered
Idk what it is but when i train abs i usually get really bad charlie horse effects and they cramp up painfully bad! I usually do rope crunches with 100lbs like how arnold did no problem for 20 or so reps fully working the abs, no issues. Then i super set and go to a flat bench doing roman chairs for lower/middle abs and then boom, abdomnial muscles cramp up bad. Just like today i did just as described at the end of my workout and very first controlled rep of the roman chairs, my middle abs almost flexed to the size of half my fist and was hard as a freaking rock! Stayed this way for a solid 5 minutes of me trying to rub/massage it out in almost crying pain it was so bad. Stopped ab training after that today. I take in a multi-v, 2g of vitamin C before i workout about an 2hrs before and during my workout drink G2 Gatorade for the electrolytes and still have this issue. This happens almost everytime. Are my abs just amazingly weak and can't sustain this type of training? Usually when i train specifically the lower abs this happens so with roman chairs, leg lifts this almost always happens. Any pointers?

increase electrolytes... potassium supplementation and 2-3grams Taurine each day... problem solved... oh and of course more water...

:yeahthat:

I used to get them so bad, I feel your pain. It's horrifying and you can't move properly haha.

are you taking clen?

No, took 200mg of caffeine though about 45min before workout does that impact at all?

Currently one the end of week 3 of this cycle, week 4 is monday:

Test enth 900mg/week
Deca 500mg/week
EQ 300mg/week
Dbol 60mg/ed

Problem is i get this issue on and/or off cycle so stuff i take or don't take really doesnt have much impact. Yes i have used clen before and wow this issue is way more apparent on clen. Bulking now so nothing like that at all and train abs at the end of my workout maybe once or twice a week, just usually once a week now bulking.

increase electrolytes... potassium supplementation and 2-3grams Taurine each day... problem solved... oh and of course more water...

Will try this and post back. Will start taurine at 3g/ed starting today and all i drink all day everyday is water bro, even during my workouts ill drink some water from the fountain even though i bring a bottle of G2 Gatorade and finish that throughout my workout for the electrolytes. Will try a large banana 30-45min before my workouts and see if that helps.

:yeahthat:

I used to get them so bad, I feel your pain. It's horrifying and you can't move properly haha.

Exactly! Was trying not to look like a baby when it happened but boy was it painful today and never knotted up this bad before! Should have taken a pic, probably looked like a damn chest burster from Aliens!

That used to happen to me when I first started back training. Bad ab cramps. Took Taurine for about a month while strengthening up the abs...train them every day.
After a month, stopped taking the Taurine and all is well. Guess the ol' abs just needed a little strengthening before they were ready for the load.

i was just about to post the same question. I have had the same problem for about 5 years. No amount of potassium, water, taurine or prayer has ever helped for me. I just need to make sure I stretch them after and take my time in between sets, otherwise its a GUARANTEE that i'll be toppled over in pain hoping my ab doesn't rip. no cramps anywhere else, just my left lower ab.

I think its the preworkout caffiene, but I'm so addicted to it i cant kick the habit. I may have to try one day though.

I seem to cramp up if I drink a pre-workout drink too soon before my workout. The vending machine at the gym has the ABB N.O. energy drink and if I drink it 20 min before I start I am usually gtg, but if I down it real quick and jump right into it I start getting ab cramps during my workout

No, took 200mg of caffeine though about 45min before workout does that impact at all?

Currently one the end of week 3 of this cycle, week 4 is monday:

Test enth 900mg/week
Deca 500mg/week
EQ 300mg/week
Dbol 60mg/ed

Problem is i get this issue on and/or off cycle so stuff i take or don't take really doesnt have much impact. Yes i have used clen before and wow this issue is way more apparent on clen. Bulking now so nothing like that at all and train abs at the end of my workout maybe once or twice a week, just usually once a week now bulking.

Has this began since you started this cycle... If so it is the DBol

Drop the dose back and get drinking a load of water (6+ L per day).... 5g of Taurne helped me out in combo with the water

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws