over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Nationals.....

I smell ya...lol...I thought of the same thing, it looks like his hands are up high, which stretches his lats. That's why we can't judge by pics. I'm just going by what I see.

Just asking guys

Okay I have to ask and hopefully can get some replies. After reading what Mainevent, Skip and Iabadman thought of the super heavy weight division, I’m asking what should a competitor’s shape look like?

I’m reading about certain guys getting too big on the off season. What is the idea shape? Should a competitor’s shape be pretty with great lines or a mass MONSTER?

What is the striking distance between off-season and competition weight? Should a person be 15 to 25 pounds away from competition weight? I’m also read about too much GH. What is considered too much GH?

Skip, Mainevent and Iabadman made some very good points and got me thinking. I want to do well in this sport and I don’t want to fall into the category of using too much medicine or gaining too much weight where I lose symmetry and condition.

Also I read about the politics at the State level. I’m curious as to what kind of politics or what was viewed political that had your eyes rolling? I’m only asking because I’m VERY new to this sport and I need as much awareness as I can get.

Thanks guys.

patk said:
Honestly, unless you were there, your opinion means next to nothing. You can't judge who should or shouldn't have won anything unless you've seen for yourself. You certainly can't judge by a couple of digital pics posted on the net.

patk

How would you feel if I told you I was there, about 5 rows back, and THAT is STILL how I see it? Just curious.

Patk, you are a good guy, I ain't fightin' with you but you have to remember that I am talking more about his look-shape than I am whether he deserved to win or not.

It is simply a matter of preference and I don't prefer his look and quite frankly, the look of most of the top guys these days. It is taking bodybuilding in a different direction and I don't like it.

Again, just my opinion......

Skip
ADD: nuteboy: I can't really describe what I think the ideal look is. I can give you some guys that I think have pleasing lines and look human. lol Let's see here:

That new cat that won the lightheavies.... umm... I think his name is Richard Long or something like that.

Victor Martinez is very pleasing to look at and put together very well, indeed. Probably my favorite if I was forced to pick one.

Jimmy Canyon and Stan McQuay will both look very good IF they can get to the lightheavies and still keep their shape.

Kevin Levrone when he turned pro.

Johnnie Jackson

Lee Labrada

Aaron Maadron (BWAHAHAHAHA!!!! Just fucking kidding hehe)

There are many others but I can't think of anymore off the top of my head.

Just for shits and giggles, I will give you a couple guys that bore me to look at - again, this is must my opinion and I mean no disrespect to them personally:

Chris Cook
Gunter
Kevin Levrone (these days)
King Kamali (one of the most over rated pros out there right now)
Matt Duvall
*I will not mention one guy as I might be in close proximity to him at the Arnold and don't want my little ass kicked.

Some guys that I think should have won the O already:

Shawn Ray (for sure)
Rich Gaspari
Lee Labrada

Just my opinion......

Skip
ADD: I could care less about how much gear, growth, synthol, etc., that is used or taken. I only care about the overall look.

Ok Patk ,
We will agree to disagree.I have two friends that live here in Sac that did the show .One was Kris Dim and the other was a guy that placed 9 th in the heavies [ grigori] .I respect thier opinions and they respect mine . They both said Matt looked like a bunch of other peoples parts sewn together.You think Matt has legs ? Come on he has no hams or calves what so ever .I am sure he might be a nice guy to you , but do you know why he left Vegas? I know many people in Vegas ,because of some business ties that I have there.Do you what his rep is there? Why don't you email Trevor Smith about Matt and see what he says? And before you get all defensive about your boy Matt, remember I could have slammed him here ,I will not, because I don't know him personally and wouldn't do it if I did .I would recomend that before you openly get his back, you know what his history really is.Physique wise the guy is an incredibily massive bodybuilder and he is strong as an ox from what I here. [ I have alot of respect for how hard he must have worked]But to me, and many others he does not represent what our national champion should look like . That is all, end of story.And is far as the oil goes that is a joke .He either is using a ton of gear in his arms or oil but don't sit here and tell that his arms were just created from lifting weights.His arms do not look right .You probally think chris bennent has nothing his arms either.Wake up and smell the oil Patk.These guys are filled to the gills.It is there choice , they are doing what they think they have to do . But to me personally it looks really bad that is all.
Nuteboy , take your time.Stay fairly lean and gain slowly.Don't over do the gear and constantly access your balance .Don't fool yourself into thinking bigger is better.Looking great is honestly a genetic thing .You have it or you don't. But you can strive to be the best you can be .Good luck to you, stay healthy!

Last edited:
mainevent said:
I dont want to get into a personal issue with this. That was not my intention. Mat seems like a down to earth person and has been friendly with me when I've met him at the Arnold a couple times.

I did run across another site that had pics posted of Mat and all other classes. I have to say the pics most have seen at flexonline dont do him justice compared to these. He was much harder and fuller in the pics. Also, Tom Prince and Bob C. both have stated that IN PERSON Mat won hands down. So its all a matter of preference.

Nuteboy: I wonder about this every day. I use to want the mass monster look. Now Im realizing its cumbersome and hard as hell to find clothes that fit (*I hardly have mass or look like a monster) but even at my low weight of 225 lbs right now I feel like shit most of the time.

Another thing, Mat has stated that he's used gear in his arms a while back but realized it was not for the better and since quit.

Couple questions to ponder:

Did the guys back in the 80's and 90's have smaller waists because they trained up to 2 hours a day and each body part twice a week? I mean, if you train like that do you burn more visceral bodyfat or help keep the waist more trim?

Does the excessive protein taken in now-a-days lead also to a thicker midsection (as well as all other muscle growth)?

Obviously GH and insulin has helped this along. Thicker midsections, less striations and blocky physiques are due to this.

Have you ever noticed that since the inception of Dorians training philosphy, their are more bodybuilders with larger but BLOCKY physiques!

Bodybuilding is about learning something new everyday and pondering questions.

Obviously their are larger bodybuilders with new science application and supplementation BUT has it really lead to a good thing.

*I dont agree or disagree with these, just things I've thought about. What are your opinions.

Woops the above mentioned is what I meant to say!

jimmy kanyon did a local show here since it is close to his hometown and for a middleweight he looked unbelievable. The cut of was 170 lbs for this particular contest.... my freind doing the contest came in at 163 and looked horrible... but he did get his first contest out of the way. I am a mass guy. I have no real choice it's my genetics. at 5'9" 230 right now (keep in mind only about 6 months post op) i feel small and my arms are barely 18". my chest sucks as well.... it will take a lot of mass to make me resemble anything close to a bodybuilder right now i just look like a small tank... in fact i will even go as far to say i will never ever compete because i cannot achieve the look i want. So i decided to train for me and me only and just be happy with 5'9" 245 at 10% even if i don't have classic lines or symetery when i get there.

I do think matt looks better than he has ever looked right now and to think he has been with muscle tech for a while and is just now achieving what i think is the first part of his potential. MY point being he is making it happen the best he can and i have to applaud the guy even if that video he made with palumbo was one of the dumbest things i have ever seen.

btw here's a pic i snagged of kanyon at the local show

Attachments

• dsc00380.jpg
    dsc00380.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 249
Sorry for the late reply

jawbreakerkid, I did the ILL May 2003 and placed 2nd in the open Division. I'm aiming for the Jr. Nationals next year. At the ILL I weighed in at 214lbs.

The reason I asked my questions is becuz I have been told for the Jr. Nationals to come in as a super heavy weight. Which means for my height around 233lbs or something.

I wanted to enter the Jr. Nationals ( last time as a HW) and weighing around 224lbs. ( just making the cutting off weight). The reason for this is that it will allow me to gain my weight slow and not so fast. I figure 10 or 12 lbs a year is a great idea.

But maybe I'm wrong? Maybe I need to come in around 235lbs for the Jr. Nationals? I'm not sure what my condition would look like becuz of the quick added weight.

Any replies??? Here are a couple pics. I am 5'11" so I'm pretty tall and need to fill my frame our much more.

Attachments

• eightdays3.jpg
    eightdays3.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 234
Last one

Side chest.

Attachments

• eightdays4.jpg
    eightdays4.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 235
Nuteboy nice work! Good off season shape bro.I would say go with your instinct.Enter heavies.Focus on calf and hams.I couldn't see the off you, but waist looks small and back looks good. So far so good .Why just go back and win the show the you placed second in.Take your time , make a bad showing at national level hard to change judges minds .You are couple of years away from filling out.It wiil happen.One step at a time.You are in a sport that you won't peak out until mid to late 40s sometimes even 50s if you take your time and do it right.You will be fine if you are stupid.Good luck with things , you look very good.

Nute

Iabadman said:
Nuteboy nice work! Good off season shape bro.I would say go with your instinct.Enter heavies.Focus on calf and hams.I couldn't see the off you, but waist looks small and back looks good. So far so good .Why just go back and win the show the you placed second in.Take your time , make a bad showing at national level hard to change judges minds .You are couple of years away from filling out.It wiil happen.One step at a time.You are in a sport that you won't peak out until mid to late 40s sometimes even 50s if you take your time and do it right.You will be fine if you are stupid.Good luck with things , you look very good.

I would definitely agree to take your time and fill out slowly. Do the state show again and if Jr's are close, do it too. But dont focus so much on coming in at a certain weight right now. Give yourself a good two to three years working your way up. It will look much more dense and shapely taking your time.

Just my opinion.

yeah nute, I think I remember you. I had two friends in the show, one took third in the superheavy's and the other took third in the heavy's. I'll be at jr nats as well. I was there the past two years and I think anyone would stand a better chance against the supers than the heavies. The supers at jr nats from what I've seen were pretty weak, not very good conditioning, or bad shape, symmetry, etc. IMO middleweights was the best class last year with Jimmy Canyon and Ko Chandetka (who won the 03 Illinois) and the light heavies was a close second. Good luck man.

Skip: Bro, I aint fighin with ya either bro. I think your a good guy and I respect your opinion. I agree with you on alot of your points as far as some of the physiques go and who should have won the olympia.

Iabadman: Okay bud, here ya go! Do I know Mat, yes! Mat is a great friend and also happens to be my training partner. Yes, I know why Mat left Vegas and he left for good reasons. Don't talk shit about something that you don't know about! As far as Trevor goes.......Mat and Trevor had there differences and that's between them and is certainly none of your business and you have no right to bring it up on the boards, especially this one....in an attempt to bash Mat. As far as his arms go.......Mat has genetically gifted whether you believe that or not. He has freaky arms........jealous??????? For you information, Mat's arms are too big and he didn't even train his biceps, let alone put oil in them.... preparing for nationals just so they wouldn't be too big and he looked more symetrical.

You say "I could have slammed him here" what the fuck exactly are you doing??????????

This will be my last post on this subject. I am not on this board to get in a pissing match with some dildo who doesn't know his ass from a whole in the ground. I am here amongst friends who like to share information and learn. You should respect the fact that Mat is a friend of mine and not talk shit on him for no reason of your own. This board is not the place for bashing people and there friends........so please respect that and stop trying to cause shit!!!!!! I'm out!

Take care,

patk

PATK bro good to see you again . I know you have some info about the starts. hook a brother up. LOL

I am just trying to get my dates down so I can give them to skip for prep

Hey Pumped.......what's up bro? Sorry I haven't been in touch, my life has been a little crazy with work and all. Yes, I do have some info for ya.......May 8th is the date my friend. I'll drop you a PM with the specifics. Talk to ya soon bro, take care.

patk

WOW sooner than I thought. thanks I will look for the PM. time to get cracking

Re: nationals

pacman said:
If the judges were smart Palumpo will never be pro. He would be a terrible rep for the sport. He needs to keep those flaps he calls lips closed. He speaks waaayyy to openly about rampant drug use
and he gives to much advice on usage. He may be one of the nicest guys out there, but sorry dave you will never be pro. I saw him at the weigh-in, you could see the scar tissue on his bi's even though he had a couple coats of pro tan on.

Is that what we are judging on-the best rep for the sport? That, like 'paying dues' has zero to do with who has the best body that nite. And would you like it to become like the Presidential Debates? the biggest liar wins? Palumbo is a brilliant guy, and a huge part of this sport is enhancement, everyone who is a fan knows that. The average Joe could care less about bodybuilding-quit with the WEIDER dream and face the fact that its a cult sport for the most part. Why cater to the masses, who dont give a crap about bodybuilding? What Palumbo gives is HONEST facts about usage, not off the wall opinions. You want liars? Like I say, follow Politics! If it werent for people being able to expressing open opinions, you wouldnt be posting on this board, it wouldnt exist.
Sorry dude-a pretty dumb statment made by your post.

I agree with everything mikeS said...The guy who does all my prep and diet stuff is one of Palumbos guys and I love Palumbo..He tells it like it is...

wow!!

:) hey nuteboy, you look great and huge, man you have put on some tissue. Your gonna do very well at the jrs wish I had a chance to stand next to you... well mabye not. good luck champ.
Gooey:p

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner