over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Nationals.....

Skip

Registered
Matt DuVall wins the overall at Nationals.

Another fine representative for professional bodybuilding. *sigh*

Pumped, your boy took 3rd.

A couple strong showings from Colorado, though, with Owens taking 3rd and Fromm taking 3rd.

Matt DuVall.... Oh brother.

Skip

well, out of the supers, i thought whitmore had it won.. i do not think duval looked bad.. he looked better than he has in a long time..but, whitmore, had a great ham/glute separation and seemed much better in conditioning and back development.. hell, even fromm looked great.. awesome size and good conditioning.. it would have been hard in that division to really pick..dim looked great.. very good size and very round muscle bellies. if he can get the legs to match, he will be a serious threat on any pro stage..

I have to agree with Skip here boys , Duval made a fine showing ,but he is now pro?He couldn't carry Phil Hernon 's jock strap.Take all of the oil out those crazy arms and shoulders and there nothing much there. [at least mike mattarazo had crazy calfs and even better conditioning].This nothing personal against Matt what so ever, I am sure he worked very hard to achieve what he has.But the caliber of the superheavy weight class seems to be fading every year.I hope the young guns on this board[renegade,gooey,weight77, dece19] can stop this rapid decline of super heavy physiques.It almost sad , and don't let me get started about sw at local shows.Mike Man should be very motivated .If he packs on a little more mass with same conditioning, he would do some serious damage.I really think he can do well down the line.I hope he persues this , because it wide open for a guy like him.
Kris Dim is from my area , I have trained with in the past.He is a cool guy, but hangs in a different circle than myself.I am happy for him.But honestly the guy ruined his physique with too much GH and too much synthol.At 180 he had the prettiest lines, At 198 he looks over stuffed and fake.Too me ,that is not a good look.
The depth in the middles, light heavies , and heavies is incredible these days .My good friend Grigori[won over all Cal, 2 years ago and wants hire Skip or Wylde for next years USAs]
got I believe 8th or 9th tonight in the heavies and he called and told me that the head judges that are friends of mine told him that the supers are getting worse and worse.One said he wished they never went to two classes.
What happened to the days of Paris, Demay ,Terelli , Ledimeyer,Haney,and Denis Newman? Now those were some quality physiques that had propper genetics.I think drugs are just are valuable tool , but when it is over done, in my opinion it looks like a fat chick trying dress up like one of my strippers.It looks like shit.
Also Whittmore should have won supers and the heavy should have won the over all.

Last edited:
I am so happy my buddy got third. I could have asked for anything better. Now I am off to get a big ass banner made up to hang at the gym,

Pumped: Awesome for you and your partner. Congrats to him. He's got a solid physique and will take it next year!

Iabadman: Couldn't have said it better myself. I like the way you tell it straight out. Gotta say, your one cool mofo. Hope all is well with your training and diet.

I also agree that whilmore should have won...His back was much much shraper with more mass than ther rest..I even think from looked pretty good...

Last edited:
u guys mean Bill Wilmore. yes i think he deserved the win but i know hes happy with the placing but im sure he will come out just as good if not better for his next show...

Just wondering whats wrong with Duvall? He is the training partner of a good buddy of mine, who is on this board. I know if my buddy, who is a standup guy, say Duvall is a good guy-Id take his word. He has paid his dues hasnt he? Im not questioning you all, you probably know some stuff, because I dont profess to know alot about these guys.

Pumped congrats for you and you partner a great showing.

I like Matt also havent seen him lately though. I also think that David Palumbo has paid his dues also. He just has to figure out a way to get his gut down. MM

But

I have no problem with Matt winning, he is huge and lean. Please dont , however, say that someone deserves it because he has paid his dues, such as Palumbo. He is huge and lean yes, and ,maybe he desreves it, but not because he has paid his dues. Paying dues should not be a part of the judging.

Just a curious thought

Man, how do you guys know that Dim and Duvall use Synthol? I'm just curious cause in all my years in and around this sport has me thinking that every guy with big arms uses synthol. I can't believe that Arnold, Haney, Dorian, all used synthol...I just can't believe it. :eek:

Re: But

PHIL HERNON said:
I have no problem with Matt winning, he is huge and lean. Please dont , however, say that someone deserves it because he has paid his dues, such as Palumbo. He is huge and lean yes, and ,maybe he desreves it, but not because he has paid his dues. Paying dues should not be a part of the judging.

Good point, Phil - agreed. Its nice to see a guy not give up and eventually prevail, though.

Re: Just a curious thought

massive attack said:
Man, how do you guys know that Dim and Duvall use Synthol? I'm just curious cause in all my years in and around this sport has me thinking that every guy with big arms uses synthol. I can't believe that Arnold, Haney, Dorian, all used synthol...I just can't believe it. :eek:

Most guys today who have arms that are 20" or bigger are using oil.. ( I said most not all)..You can tell because the shape is not natural..most of the oil will set in the upper part of the bicep..also they will give a blurred look to them...This is not with all the guys, mainly just the ones who go use too much..I think Jay Cutler uses alot of the stuff in his bi's..His arms have always looked soft while the rest looks pealed...I don't think he ever had great arms coming up but now his peak is up there with Ronnie

Thanks mainevent , I am enjoying my return to the gym very much ,and you guys are making it that much better.You are very cool as well.Pm and me on what you got coming up ,I would love to hear your plans.I was reading an old post of yours, where you gained 12 pounds of mass and dropped 25 pounds of fat during a 16 week contest prep.I was very impressed.Anything that you have to share ? I am listening.
Mike S ,I could comment about Matt.But I won't because that would be phuked up.Unless he was in front of me, I have nothing to say .not the way I am.Like I said , I am sure sure he has worked very hard and sacrificed alot, but he has an ugly oil filled physique with no balance.I will not talk about the man's character on some board.
I agree with Phil, paying dues has nothing to do with winning a show IMO.The best guy should win period .Phuk that political bullshit! I don't that crap one bit.

PUMPED said:
I am so happy my buddy got third. I could have asked for anything better. Now I am off to get a big ass banner made up to hang at the gym,
Congrats to your boy, he looked very good. I thought that was a tough class. He should be very proud of his placing.

Re: Re: Just a curious thought

weight77 said:

Most guys today who have arms that are 20" or bigger are using oil.. ( I said most not all)..You can tell because the shape is not natural..most of the oil will set in the upper part of the bicep..also they will give a blurred look to them...This is not with all the guys, mainly just the ones who go use too much..I think Jay Cutler uses alot of the stuff in his bi's..His arms have always looked soft while the rest looks pealed...I don't think he ever had great arms coming up but now his peak is up there with Ronnie

I'm sorry bro, but I just totally disagree with the comment and I will only believe the synthol thing only if the user comes out and tells me himself. Smooth biceps or blurred look as you put it can be from other reasons as well. At my all time best I had a pair of 22's and I was pretty lean. Don't know my bf%, but I had striations here and there. My biceps were always the last to get shredded. Hell, sometimes they wouldn't. I have never touched synthol or anythign like it. "I think Jay Cutler uses alot of the stuff in his bi's..His arms have always looked soft..." I disagree. Look at some close up pics of his arms. I mean closeup. They are hard as nails and don't look soft up close.

We'll have to agree to disagree on this subject.

I should clarify as it seems that I might have come across a bit harsh at first.

Matt could be the nicest guy in bodybuilding today, I really don't know. In fact, I know NOTHING about him personally. In the position that he is now in, I hope for the sport's sake that he is in fact a great guy.

Everyone has their opinion of where the sport is going and/or where they think it should go. I just do not like the guy's look and to be honest, I thought he was probably the LEAST impressive of the class winners. Hell, the bantam was a freak, for sure. Jimmy Canyon is sharp, too, but needs a bit more size. The heavies were all good but my personal fave was Owens as he is an acquaintance of mine here in CO. To me, there is nothing that is impressive, visually, on Matt - size vs. bone structure, condition, shape, balance, color, posing, etc..

Admittedly, I can't think of one superheavy that I AM impressed with lately. That Cook (USAs) guy is just as unimpressive as Matt, in my opinion.

Again, I mean no disrespect to anyone on a personal note. I am just calling it the way I see it and would rather the sport was going in a different direction with more emphasis on the total package.

Skip

Couldn't agree more Skip

Unfortunately it has become political. My knowledge of politics in general is limited due to my lack of interest. But a friend of mine started judging at the state level last year and told me a few things that really got me rolling my eyes at the whole thing.

Also, the overuse of drugs has come into play. I was just thinking about this yeseterday. Everyone is saying the quality is down from 10 years ago. True, the quality SEEMS down but lets look at a few things.

The emphasis on getting very LARGE in the offseason has taken a new precedent. And I fully believe that you can get large to help shape the muscle, but in sacrifice of a dense look. I believe this has led to the decline in SuperHeavy physiques. These guys are trying to compete at a weight that was almost unheard of 10 years ago.

I would like to say that someone who got the royal shaft was T Rieke. He had the total package in my opinion JUDGING FROM PICS TAKEN THE DAY BEFORE. But I know alot can happen between now and 24 hours.

Last edited:
Point to ponder for you guys:

Are the big supplement companies THAT good at figuring who will be the next hit when they sign them? OR, do they become a hit BECAUSE they are signed with a big supplement company?

Hmmmmm...... *shrug* Just something to consider.

Skip

Staff online

• Big A
    IFBB PRO/NPC JUDGE/Administrator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Punisher13420
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner