over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

New Benoit info...

gooey

Featured Member/Kilo Klub
Featured Member
Kilo Klub Member
I read this and wondered why it has taken so long for this info to be printed and why it is so short and uninvestigated? This country is so sad, I loved Vinny Mac's interview, complete hysteria. I copied and pasted this small, less then a paragraph a new drug possibility...

"Then early Sunday, he headed to the basement to take his own life, hanging himself with a weight-lifting cable. Cops found an empty wine bottle at his feet and nearly a dozen empty beer cans in a trash can."

why is it just now alcohol is talked about?
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19512872/site/newsweek/?GT1=10150

gooey

The saddest aspect of all this--- Benoits other children, his family, and his friends have to read and watch all this crap. I wish the media would just drop it, these people are suffering enough as it is :(

wow - this should not be new information. Alcohol seems to be a favorite among the media, but somehow this wasn't mentioned. I guess everything is second to roids according to the media. Unbelievable...

I'm with Dr. S, the media should just drop this because Benoit does have other children and they are being forced to read and hear these horrible things they are saying about their father... We have no idea what happened in that house and what was going on inside his head, and more than likely never will... So why keep harping on something that is over and done with, and let the family of the victims grieve in peace... I think they have had enough punishment for a lifetime without having to be subjected to this media frenzy... As for the alcohol, I didn't even have to read that to know that it was involved in some way... Alcohol clouds judgement and rational thinking... So it doesn't surprise me at all that Chris was intoxicated while all of this was going on... It is just a sad situation and my prayers go out to his wife, Daniel, and his surviving children! :(

they prolly couldnt prove roid rage so now they need something else to over exaggerate and be the cause of his aggression...sad..I agree with you guys this needs to be let go..:(

The only reason this has become big news is because of his publicity of being a wrestler. Of course they had to throw the roid angle in their just because those drugs are soooooo "evil." Of course the alcohol played only a small roll in this sad saga, just ask any "water cooler" expert tomorrow at work.

But as it has been said before, out of respect for the remaining family members, the media should drop the issue.

Obviously there was some deep, deep issue going on in his life. We may never know. The media loves to latch on to steriods because its the latest media demon. I don't even think alcohol was necessarily to blame either. He could have killed them and then got drunk before he killed himself. Maybe even to have the guts to hang himself. Whatever that big issue was that was going on in his life that pushed him to that point is to blame.

Last edited:
wow - this should not be new information. Alcohol seems to be a favorite among the media, but somehow this wasn't mentioned. I guess everything is second to roids according to the media. Unbelievable...

this whole story sickens me. interesting how they mentioned alcohol much later.

we all know its not steroids that caused benoit to kill himself an his family. he didnt snap. This was thought out. No matter what the cause the whole thing is a shame. I did read today on espn.com that scientists want his brain to see if repeated head blows cause people to snap or become detatched from reality.

Mav

Benoit tragedy

My heart goes out to the survivors of this tragic event. I cannot begin to imagine the devastation that this family (extended as well as friends) is feeling right now.

I hope you'll all forgive me if this seems to be a callous question to ask, but would it be safe to assume that our domestic suppliers will have a more difficult time getting us gear due to the ridiculous reporting of this story?

My heart goes out to the survivors of this tragic event. I cannot begin to imagine the devastation that this family (extended as well as friends) is feeling right now.

I hope you'll all forgive me if this seems to be a callous question to ask, but would it be safe to assume that our domestic suppliers will have a more difficult time getting us gear due to the ridiculous reporting of this story?

i don't see domestic having the problem compared to overseas...how do you figure domestic?

Dave Meltzer ( wrestling observer )

-Dave confirmed he used a form of the Crippler Crossface on Daniel. This is interesting since Bryan was adamant that the story was bullcrap. Apparently investigators found marks on the boys arm and neck that they didn't understand and upon watching a tape of a Benoit match and seeing the move it made sense. They just said it was a "choke" as to not further sensationalize an already sensationalized story.

-Dave said Bryan ( Bryan Alverez ) was closer to Benoit (he found his writing hilarious) then he was and that Dave hardly ever talked to Chris (while Bryan seemed to indicate semi regular contact). Thought that was interesting as we rib Bryan about getting all his sources through Dave but I never thought he'd have more access to someone like Benoit then Dave.

-Benoit got a prescription for the anti-depressant Xanax at the doctor's visit on Friday.

-Benoit started going downhill after Eddy died because he lost the one guy who he could confide in and shared his problems with. Apparently close friends always knew Benoit had the same problems as Eddy (pills, etc.) and suggested Benoit seriously needed to see a therapist but no one suggested it since he wasn't the type to be open to that sort of thing.

-Apparently the death of Johnny Grunge hit Benoit even harder then Eddy since they were neighbors and him and Nancy fighting was somewhat common and he'd be the one to come over and defuse situations and make Chris laugh. After he died, Chris didn't have that buffer when things got out of control.

-Chris and Nancy had recently separated for a period of time, and Dave received a change of address form for an apartment different then their house (I believe Bryan mentioned he got a different address too).

-Chris recently opened up a new life insurance claim naming his ex-wife and his older 2 kids as the beneficiaries and refused to include Nancy or Daniel.

-When there were rumors of him leaving for TNA, Dave asked him about it and Chris was paranoid thinking Dave had inside info that WWE was going to release him. He apparently may have thought ECW was a demotion and the next step would be out the door. He was reportedly obsessed with establishing himself at the HHH/HBK level. He had grown increasingly paranoid that someone was out to get him and didn't let Nancy leave the house at night or Daniel to play outside and would take different routes from the airport home each time in case he was being followed.

-Nancy confided to a friend in wrestling days before the murders that she feared for her life and the friend told her to go take Daniel to her parents place in Florida (as she had done before when Chris became violent) but she didn't this time. Apparently she had a lockbox at the bank with notes indicating if something happened to her, it was Chris.

-Theory is that she told him she was leaving him for good and taking Daniel and that's when he snapped on her. Loved his son and when she filed for divorce all he wanted was joint custody. Theory is he killed Daniel because in his mind he couldn't bare to let him be alone without his parents and in his condition so it was a "mercy killing".

-Someone in WWE informed Dave before the RAW show that Chris had killed them, but others in the company were unaware but at least someone high up knew before the tribute show was put on the air.

-Dave says he can't write a proper obit/career retrospect and doesn't know if he ever will.

informative post roidrage

wow, in the guerrero stuff benoit is shown as the concerned friend who went to the GM to report eddie's drug problem.

bump it up

I heard they busted his doctor.

i don't see domestic having the problem compared to overseas...how do you figure domestic?

I'm not sure really. I was just wondering what the general consensus was but my thought process is that since we already have a ton of scrutiny with all the things going on in baseball/football/thumbwrestling, this would give the "educated idiots" more fodder to try and tighten the screws even further. My problem is that I don't know how our domestic suppliers do what they need to do in order to stay discrete. Hell I could be concerned for no reason.

Again, my heart, thoughts and prayers are with all involved in this situation.

Staff online

• LATS
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member / NPC Judge
  • rAJJIN
    Moderator / FOUNDING Member

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
systemfiles1
NapsGear