over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

New Bloodwork - High Ferritin??

Fleezy

Registered
Newbies
Attached some numbers from my most recent bloodwork. Pretty much all other figures were in line - including CRP

not sure what to think - as I dont have any infection or inflammation from a bad shot going on at the moment or anything... and i dont have hemachromatosis as far as i know?

been feeling a bit cognitively off/loopy for a while - so i thought i would look into it. Any thoughts appreciated.

(never had covid or any of the 'safe and effective'(s))

Attachments

• IMG_0936.PNG
    IMG_0936.PNG
    86.7 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_0937.PNG
    IMG_0937.PNG
    68.1 KB · Views: 58
  • IMG_0938.PNG
    IMG_0938.PNG
    54.6 KB · Views: 45
  • IMG_0939.PNG
    IMG_0939.PNG
    64.3 KB · Views: 64
Attached some numbers from my most recent bloodwork. Pretty much all other figures were in line - including CRP

not sure what to think - as I dont have any infection or inflammation from a bad shot going on at the moment or anything... and i dont have hemachromatosis as far as i know?

been feeling a bit cognitively off/loopy for a while - so i thought i would look into it. Any thoughts appreciated.

High ferritin means cell death in many cases. That is some very high levels- my first thought would be microbial infection and excess iron.

CRP changes so often that it’s not “always” an indication of an infection or inflammation.

What’s your TIBC, iron, iron saturation, CBC and white blood cell count numbers look like? That can help you pinpoint a bit deeper.

ok good, so nothing serious then...

here are my white blood cells and other blood cells.. i didn't get the TIBC, or iron levels :/View attachment 185221
Not in the short term IMO. Your white blood cell counts are good and CRP is good. Likely excess iron stored in the tissues and not bioavailable which is very common with bodybuilders who use gear. Copper, magnesium and retinol will balance it out. Mainly copper as it is paired so closely in the body function wise. Copper Bisglycinate or beef liver should help bring it down.

Not in the short term IMO. Your white blood cell counts are good and CRP is good. Likely excess iron stored in the tissues and not bioavailable which is very common with bodybuilders who use gear. Copper, magnesium and retinol will balance it out. Mainly copper as it is paired so closely in the body function wise. Copper Bisglycinate or beef liver should help bring it down.

alright sounds good

what bloodwork should i ask for to help confirm this diagnosis?

alright sounds good

what bloodwork should i ask for to help confirm this diagnosis?
All the other above markers I mentioned in my first text would be what I would run to confirm it all. You could check copper and ceruloplasmin as well for copper status to confirm further.

Those are things I personally run every 6-8 months outside of my baseline markers.

@bbxtreme got my doctor to request the tests for me

doesnt testosterone lower ferritin?

guess ill post here again once i get the results

@bbxtreme got my doctor to request the tests for me

doesnt testosterone lower ferritin?

guess ill post here again once i get the results
It can for some but really it comes down to seeing where the iron is. In the tissue or blood as testosterone can alter both.

Did you run RDW by chance?

It can for some but really it comes down to seeing where the iron is. In the tissue or blood as testosterone can alter both.

Did you run RDW by chance?

Attachments

• 386BB6E2-39C7-4F57-92B1-8AC8E690F9E3.png
    386BB6E2-39C7-4F57-92B1-8AC8E690F9E3.png
    56 KB · Views: 11
Higher end of the range but still within range which is good so still points to iron in the tissue and/or deep infection somewhere.

Ferritin is an acute phase reactant and is heavily influenced by inflammation (recent training session) if it's super high. Re-test when you're relaxed and rested from the gym and it should be the true amount.

With high ferritin it would be very subtle. Likely would not even know it was there and your body generally will balance it out over time on its own.

As bodybuilders we are constantly injecting, forcing food, on testosterone and breaking our body down in the gym so it’s a balance keeping our immune system up and stuff like that at bay. Which @nothuman just said much better in layman’s terms above. Lol

Ferritin is an acute phase reactant and is heavily influenced by inflammation (recent training session) if it's super high. Re-test when you're relaxed and rested from the gym and it should be the true amount.
With high ferritin it would be very subtle. Likely would not even know it was there and your body generally will balance it out over time on its own.

As bodybuilders we are constantly injecting, forcing food, on testosterone and breaking our body down in the gym so it’s a balance keeping our immune system up and stuff like that at bay. Which @nothuman just said much better in layman’s terms above. Lol

but to more than 2x the top of the normal range though?

my (layman) understanding is that the range is so broad (20-365) to account for potential outliers and activities that elevate ferritin - like weightlifting and strenuous execerise?

my rudimentary research indicates that most peoplel fall under the 40-80 threshold

worth noting that my ferritin from a test abot 10 days prior was 713 on a scale of 22-365

and all my other blood markers were more or less the same

Probably genetic. My dad has high levels as well. To remove the Iron they typically have you withdrawl blood . I was clean for four years when I found out mine was high. I added 250 of tesostene per week and it dropped my levels to normal. Testosterone supplementation causes lower ferritin levels because the stored iron is pulled out into the (too many) red blood cells.

Probably genetic. My dad has high levels as well. To remove the Iron they typically have you withdrawl blood . I was clean for four years when I found out mine was high.
do you remember how high?

Not saying you should go this route but donating blood lowers ferritin significantly. I check my ferritin before donating and make sure its high or else I'll crash it into the dangerously low range from donating.

Not saying you should go this route but donating blood lowers ferritin significantly. I check my ferritin before donating and make sure its high or else I'll crash it into the dangerously low range from donating.

How high does yours get before you donate?

I am going to get the tests that were suggested to me above this coming Monday

How high does yours get before you donate?

I am going to get the tests that were suggested to me above this coming Monday
The other test will confirm if you need to donate blood or not. I hate jumping straight to that as I do not believe in blood dumps, BUT donating annually for health benefits is great. It absolutely will lower ferritin and pull the iron from the tissue into the blood.

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
whodis?
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131