over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

New Divisions at NPC Shows

The more people that show up, the more prize money there will be for everyone.

PLUS, the more skinny dudes that get to walk onstage will make all the bodybuilders look BIGGER.

...but to say that a new division is 'stupid' is pretty close-minded when you consider the characteristics of our own competition. I mean, we wear little posing trunks and show each other how big our muscles are...c'mon guys, can we really be THAT serious?

I think the thing that gets us all off is the TRAINING. I fucking LOVE to train. ...and i can understand the frustration in letting a bunch of 165lb dudes on stage who will never know what it feels like under a 600lbs of pure FEAR squatting till the blood vessels in your eyes pop! In a way, i think the intensity of true, hardcore bodybuilding training may JUSTIFY the little posing trunks...and it will probably piss me off too when the 165lb'er walks home with his little trophy and girlfriend. BUT, he will never be called a BODYBUILDER or HARDCORE.

IDK...mixed feelings i guess.

Do you REALLY know what it feels like to squat 600 lbs or are you just saying that to make a point? :)

I don't really have a problem with it. Our sport is gay enough as it is, why not have some small dudes gaying it up even more.

Think about it...Figure was added 10 or so years ago and competitor numbers raised greatly, thus more money made. Then Bikini was added and the numbers went up yet again. Each contestant has family and friends who come watch and ticket sales go up as well. It just seems to me that this is more of a financial decision than anything else.

BLASPHEMY!!!

haha trust me, i think the girls are amazing and would bang all there brains out...but thats what the girls will be saying about those competing in the male physique class. you guys are acting like this new males class will be a bunch of emo looking 110 pound guys on stage, when really they will be well conditioned just like the other guys, just not going for the "freak" look and have different posses and a different criteria on what your being judged on.

haha trust me, i think the girls are amazing and would bang all there brains out...but thats what the girls will be saying about those competing in the male physique class. you guys are acting like this new males class will be a bunch of emo looking 110 pound guys on stage, when really they will be well conditioned just like the other guys, just not going for the "freak" look and have different posses and a different criteria on what your being judged on.

Doesn't bother me. More people competing, more competitions available, better sponsors, better treatment, etc. These guys will be the male models on gear, no doubt about it. They just don't eat and train to be big. If it helps the NPC I'm all for it.

I think the guys who win this will look like Stan Mcquay and Tito Raymond use to look on the cover of all those Men fitness mag. Bottom line is the womens #'s are greater than the guys, this will help balance it out. It is all about the $$$$.

I wish I were old to enough to know what it was like when the WBF came out. This physique thing won't last long.

What a way to start off my Saturday.... Im going back to bed !!!!!:banghead:

Worst part about male physique is that it could pickup...same way bikini did(some women dont even workout) & cause more stigma about Us being evil meatheads...so now all the guys that workout to look good in the club will call themselves"competitors"

Worst part about male physique is that it could pickup...same way bikini did(some women dont even workout) & cause more stigma about Us being evil meatheads...so now all the guys that workout to look good in the club will call themselves"competitors"

Exactly! There are already to many guys who have not dieted or hardly worked out competing in the shows around here. The past couple shows I went to had some hood rats in the bikini division eek: I guess they thought it was a car show style bikini contest. They had no idea what to do onstage and looked horrible. Im sure its going to bring out every "situation" wanna be with abs and a tan

Ha ha... Fade, you are funny as hell bro! But right on the money!

At least maybe I can be bigger than the physique guys at my first show! It's going to suck if those guys are bigger and in better shape than me!

Some guys have mentioned this, and it makes sense..

What if a guy decides to avoid the really hard competition at USAs/Nationals in say MW, LHW, HW, SHW and decides to get his pro card in physique. Then when he gets his pro card he goes to compete in pro bodybuilding shows?

Some bikini/figure girls are doing it now, either switching to figure or switching to bikini.

What if a guy decides to avoid the really hard competition at USAs/Nationals in say MW, LHW, HW, SHW and decides to get his pro card in physique. Then when he gets his pro card he goes to compete in pro bodybuilding shows?

Some bikini/figure girls are doing it now, either switching to figure or switching to bikini.

I don't think it works that way. I believe the procard is only for that division. I think the female physique is a great idea. The only problem is they need to make clear definitions between bikini, figure and physique. The WBFF in Canada seems to want more muscle on the figure girls and their bikini/diva division is more like the IFBB figure. JUdging these divisions without a set standard is going to cause alot of controversy and it is unfair to the women competing if they don't know what they are looking for. The male physigue division, as much as it would be disturbing for me to watch, may attract new people both men and women. Men because it may be alook the average guy would like to have and women because it may be more attractive then 270 pounds freaks.lol Either way, more people =more money.

I guess there is hope for me after all. :D

Ha ha... Fade, you are funny as hell bro! But right on the money!

At least maybe I can be bigger than the physique guys at my first show! It's going to suck if those guys are bigger and in better shape than me!

Lol I think you might surprise yourself once you diet down and get on stage.. just get someone who knows what they're doing to guide you through the whole process (skip is pretty damn good).

i am doubting that a guy who wins the physique pro card is going to translate well to an IFBB men's bb'ing show. I dont care the weight class. Most bb'ers do not have that abercrombie type look=-)

Do you REALLY know what it feels like to squat 600 lbs or are you just saying that to make a point? :)

I don't really have a problem with it. Our sport is gay enough as it is, why not have some small dudes gaying it up even more.

I do not know what it feels like to squat 600...but i know what it feels like to squat 500...so the 600 is definitely just to make a point.

And...i agree with your posts. If it's good for the NPC, why the hell not?

Board shorts, lmfao.

They wear heels in the new women's division, the men should have to wear flip flops, lmao.

They are just trying to make more money, no sense of responsibility for the sport, very sad. I'd say it likely has to do with Ben passing and Joe not being involved anymore.

Staff online

• A50#
    Old School Moderator

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Jim311
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws