over 5000 supplements on sale at professional muscle store

Nicole's Journal- Intro ;)

NikkiStar

Newbies
Hey PM Peeps! Just introducing myself, since I was told that maybe I should start a journal and it can attract more women on here. I think its very important for us female competitors to really stick together since many people outside of our industry always have an opinion about our sport both good and bad. I do believe because people simply don't understand how much work and effort we put into what we do on a daily basis..

I got started back in 2006, I needed to lost 100lbs since I was obese weighing in at 230lbs and according to my doc at the time, it was either change my diet or get gastric bypass at only 19 years old. I come from a Cuban background and the way that I was brought up was to eat plates of pork, rice, beans, and everything fried. I was also tired of getting bullied for being so big and I thought that getting in the gym and losing the weight would help my confidence.

I got with a local trainer in Miami, Fl and began my journey. It was probably one of the best decisions I ever made in my life. She told me from day 1 that I would eventually compete and sure enough in 2010 I did my first bikini show. I competed in Southern States just a few months later and placed close to last. I was pretty bummed out simply because it took me so long to get to the stage from the weight loss, tightening my skin, and getting a breast lift before I even decided on a show.

The feedback I got from the judges was not positive and I soon realized that bikini was not made for me. I have taken almost 3 years off at this point and put on more muscle and once the new WPD division came out, I knew that was exactly what I wanted to strive for. I have worked with many "gurus" and had no success with them.. But after really doing my research and talking to my friend "Jamie Pinder", I met John Meadows and since then, I have never felt more confident in the off-season and getting mentally prepared for my next show in early 2014.

I look forward to keeping a daily log of my progress and helping others out. Sorry for being so detailed, just the way my brain works. Sometimes its better to be that way because if I can help at least one person out with what i've been through, then i've done my job. LOL.. :D

Attachments

• Before and After Picture.jpg
    Before and After Picture.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 598
  • southern states 2010-3.jpg
    southern states 2010-3.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 531
  • southern states 2010.jpg
    southern states 2010.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 513
  • photoshoot offseason 2013.jpg
    photoshoot offseason 2013.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 525
  • photoshoot offseason 2013-2.jpg
    photoshoot offseason 2013-2.jpg
    168.9 KB · Views: 536
Thanks for the warm welcome again! Looking forward to getting some more "female action" on here. :p

Thanks for starting this log and don't worry about being too detailed, the more the better.

You will be an inspiration to many. Excellent job.

When you look up the word "Impossible" in the Dictionary, your pics should be there to show people that nothing is impossible! :headbang:

More women need to see what you have done, and stop making damn excuses!
You have every right to strut that shit around gurl...

I really think you do look better now then when you were doing bikini. You mention how the judges didn't have a lot of good things to say about your body. What was the problem you think? From your bikini pictures it seems like you had the build to compete well in that class. I personally prefer how you look now though to how you looked when you did the bikini. Are you more comfortable with your lifestyle now that you plan on competing in physique? Wonder how the change has impacted your day to day living.

Thanks for starting this log and don't worry about being too detailed, the more the better.

You will be an inspiration to many. Excellent job.

When you look up the word "Impossible" in the Dictionary, your pics should be there to show people that nothing is impossible! :headbang:

More women need to see what you have done, and stop making damn excuses!
You have every right to strut that shit around gurl...

Thank you both for the kind words.. Absolutely, I want to set an example that it can be done to get off your ass and get moving. So many people (even some of my clients) think that just because they have started on a diet and weight training program, that the weight will just "fly" off immediately. I have seriously busted my ass to look this way and there is no magic pill or program, its just a matter of being consistent and mentally strong to keep pushing through both the good and bad days. Life doesn't just stop because you are dieting and have goals to reach. There will always be curve-balls and hurdles one must endure; keeping a positive mindset and close circle of people is key..

I really think you do look better now then when you were doing bikini. You mention how the judges didn't have a lot of good things to say about your body. What was the problem you think? From your bikini pictures it seems like you had the build to compete well in that class. I personally prefer how you look now though to how you looked when you did the bikini. Are you more comfortable with your lifestyle now that you plan on competing in physique? Wonder how the change has impacted your day to day living.

Thanks Maldorf! I swear you have the best questions for me. Lmao. I wasn't going to talk about the critique but since you mentioned it; sure why not! After the Southern States I was doing a booth there for one of the companies and I had 2 of the judges come up to the table and give me feedback. At the time, 2010 thats when the whole bending over and dancing on stage (hahahaha) was getting popular amongst the bikini division. So the feedback I was given was to bend over a little more and give everyone more of a sight to see and then I could possibly place higher in the division. Right then and there I realized that I didn't want to be known as the chick who let it all hang out just for a plastic trophy. Just didn't sit well with me.. Especially being that I had really busted my ass for 4 years before I got to the stage. I wanted to be recognized for my work and the package I presented without all of the sluttiness (not even a word). And so I took some years off from the gym and really focused on building a great package. The Wpd is where I feel that I really showcase my hardwork and not only that, but the commradery in this division is more of my style. I couldn't stand the cattiness in bikini especially backstage. Just wasn't a good experience for me at both shows. I feel more confident with more muscle on my frame and more "in my own skin" should I say.

Hey everyone! Just keeping everyone updated on progress and so forth! So today was just a touch-up shoulder day and incorporated some Powerlifting squats into my routine. One of the local coaches here in town is trying to desperately to get me to do a meet.. Not sure if I will or not, but doing the 3 lifts has really helped my form alot. At first I was very opposed to it, because doing Mountain Dog training 5 days a week is hard in itself and adding in the Powerlifting makes shit alot more difficult and not enough rest in between. I'm still trying to find a balance between the 2 but wouldn't trade bodybuilding type training for the world, since i'm all about looking the part and training heavy at the same time. I do love the sense of comradery among the women I have to say. Everyone pushes eachother which is very refreshing to be a part of.

The diet Meadows has me on has been very well in-line with my training which I enjoy because I have enough energy to kill it in the gym. I'm trying to really stay focused this off-season and kill it so that when pre-contest comes around ill be prepared both physically and mentally.During my last pre-contest prep, I was dieting and training hard for 20 weeks before I found out that the show was cancelled, so I was pretty bummed out. I feel more positive this time around because I have watched my body progress with Meadows.. So its very exciting to see where this prep will take me. Thank you everyone for following along!;)

Instagram

Attachments

• comparison.jpg
    comparison.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 368
  • may2013 prep.jpg
    may2013 prep.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 340
Last edited:
Have you thought about talking to John about incorporating some powerlifting into your current training routine. I would think he could make some alterations that would not hinder your progress. Just an idea.

Btw, excellent progress you have made!

Have you thought about talking to John about incorporating some powerlifting into your current training routine. I would think he could make some alterations that would not hinder your progress. Just an idea.

Btw, excellent progress you have made!

I haven't spoken to him about it yet, because I literally just started less than a week ago, I plan on updating him today with all of the information. Thank you for making that suggestion.. John and I are always on the same page, which is so hard to find in a Coach. And you are completely right about it possibly hindering progress, I think thats one of the biggest reasons why i'm not willing to do a meet. I love Mountain Dog Training and it is my #1 focus, especially when I start prep in November.

Welcome Niki!

Your story is extremely inspirational. Amazing transformation and dedication. I will definitely be following along :)

By the way....love the booty shorts:)

Welcome Niki!

Your story is extremely inspirational. Amazing transformation and dedication. I will definitely be following along :)

By the way....love the booty shorts:)

Hey MissQ! Thank you that means so much coming from you.. I know you've been on the board for a long long time. Thank you for your comments! I really appreciate it. :p:D

looking great. im here in florida as well. the judging here can sometimes be a little confusing. because sometimes they want the not too lean look and sometimes they want rock hard. and that will vary from show to show. that along with the politics part can be hard. you have the right coach though as john knows his stuff. you have a alot of muscle on your frame already. looking forward to seeing how you progress. i know one of the national judges too. if your ever doing southern states or a show in the area ill get the scoop on who is judging it and what they are looking more for as well. good luck you look awesome =)

Thanks Maldorf! I swear you have the best questions for me. Lmao. I wasn't going to talk about the critique but since you mentioned it; sure why not! After the Southern States I was doing a booth there for one of the companies and I had 2 of the judges come up to the table and give me feedback. At the time, 2010 thats when the whole bending over and dancing on stage (hahahaha) was getting popular amongst the bikini division. So the feedback I was given was to bend over a little more and give everyone more of a sight to see and then I could possibly place higher in the division. Right then and there I realized that I didn't want to be known as the chick who let it all hang out just for a plastic trophy. Just didn't sit well with me.. Especially being that I had really busted my ass for 4 years before I got to the stage. I wanted to be recognized for my work and the package I presented without all of the sluttiness (not even a word). And so I took some years off from the gym and really focused on building a great package. The Wpd is where I feel that I really showcase my hardwork and not only that, but the commradery in this division is more of my style. I couldn't stand the cattiness in bikini especially backstage. Just wasn't a good experience for me at both shows. I feel more confident with more muscle on my frame and more "in my own skin" should I say.

Wow, I would have never thought it was like that in any contest. I totally understand why you quit that. That really is BS. Anyhow you look a whole lot better now I think and are much more comfortable with it all so that's great. Keep up the hard work!

looking great. im here in florida as well. the judging here can sometimes be a little confusing. because sometimes they want the not too lean look and sometimes they want rock hard. and that will vary from show to show. that along with the politics part can be hard. you have the right coach though as john knows his stuff. you have a alot of muscle on your frame already. looking forward to seeing how you progress. i know one of the national judges too. if your ever doing southern states or a show in the area ill get the scoop on who is judging it and what they are looking more for as well. good luck you look awesome =)

Thank you for sharing your opinion with me about the way the judging works and for your comment on my physique. I am definitely not too worried about stepping on stage again simply because I trust John 100% and he knows whats best. We are working year round together so that he can learn my body since it can be a bit complicated. I'm shooting for Sunshine Classic in March and then depending on how I do at that show, i'll most likely go for a National level show. Other than what they told me about the posing at Southern States, I do remember them telling me that I had quite a bit too much muscle for the division.. It just wasn't a good overall experience. The cattiness backstage was also alot to take in, which i'm glad to be in physique now where the comradery is huge among all of us women and I feel far more comfortable.

Wow, I would have never thought it was like that in any contest. I totally understand why you quit that. That really is BS. Anyhow you look a whole lot better now I think and are much more comfortable with it all so that's great. Keep up the hard work!

Maldorf, I really appreciate your kind words. It was only my 2nd show at the time and I really didn't know much about the sport back then. Southern States (not to sound mean) is a show that left a very bad taste in my mouth and if asked to do that show again, I just wouldn't.. Sunshine which is the 1st show I did in the same year, was ran by Cj. and she was just amazing with all of the athletes and the way the show flowed. Definitely took a while for me to get used to getting a little "fluffy" in the off-season while putting on the right amount of size for this division, but I had no problem busting my ass to put in the work. I actually plan on training with Anne Sheehan going into this prep since she also trains with Meadows.. And I would love to train with Jamie after the Olympia but she doesn't live close by :( so we will have to arrange something. Either way, I just have a great feeling going into pre-contest and plenty of support which is always a good thing. ;)

Last edited:
First off your a very beautiful woman. Secondly, you've come very far I saw the other thread you had in the members Photo section. I really like the way your physique looks now, compared to how you looked in bikini. Your physique has good flow too. For someone that is just getting into Women's Physique, I say you have a lot of potential. Your still very feminine and you hold muscle well. I'll be following. Good work so far.

Awesome work! Congrats, very big improvements, you look like a completely different person...

Forum statistics

Total page views
Threads
Members
Latest member
Stromba926
NapsGear
HGH Power Store email banner
your-raws
Prowrist straps store banner
infinity
FLASHING-BOTTOM-BANNER-210x131